Tennis Forum banner

WG2 Play-off: Canada vs. Belgium

11K views 181 replies 25 participants last post by  rileyman 
#1 ·
Couldn't find a thread anywhere....

Go Canada! ;)

#2 ·
I'll be supporting Belgium here! I feel so bad for them that they were at the top and now they aren't:(
Fortunatley, they have great juniors like Hendler and Mestach just to name a few
And Kim is coming back!:bounce:
And Flipkens is a former junior world #1 who is yet to live up to her full potential. I like Wickmayer, Flipkens, Clijsters and Hendler and I liked Henin so I must root for them:D
I am not a fan of any Canadian players anyways, so Belgium is obviously the team I'm rooting for;)

#4 ·
I'm going to watch both days of this match in Hasselt. It'll be the first Fed Cup matches that I've ever seen in person, as the British team always play in such obscure locations in their Euro/Africa group. According to the ITF newsletter, it's on indoor red clay, which is interesting, as the Hasselt Gaz de France Stars WTA tournament from October 2005 and 2006 was on indoor hard.

#5 ·
Order of Play

Saturday 14h30
R1 - T.HENDLER (BEL) v. A.WOZNIAK (CAN)
R2 - Y.WICKMAYER (BEL) v. S.DUBOIS (CAN)

Sunday 13h00
R3 - Y.WICKMAYER (BEL) v. A.WOZNIAK (CAN)
R4 - T.HENDLER (BEL) v. S.DUBOIS (CAN)
R5 - K.FLIPKENS / A.MESTACH (BEL) v. S.FICHMAN / V.TETREAULT (CAN)​

I'm surprised Kirsten isn't playing the singles. She's better than Tamaryn.
Plus I don't think Fichman,Tetreault will play doubles if it comes down to it.

#12 ·
Is the stream working?

#16 ·
Guys, it looks like the livestream service has a little bug. The live stream is indeed working. To get it to work, you'll need to go into your control panel (or double-click the time in your system tray, at the bottom right of the screen for Windows users). Change the time zone to Brussels (GMT +0100). Once you've done that, the live stream works.

LOL. The reason I figured it out is you guys said it was saying to wait 5 hours. For me, it was saying 6 hours. So I thought... Wait! They're probably in EST, I'm in CST. We just need to change to Belgium time!

#19 ·
Is the stream only available in certain countries:confused: or do the Belgiums just not want people in the Netherlands to watch the tie :p. I get this message when I try to acces the stream Vous vous trouvez dans un pays dans lequel la diffusion de ce programme n'est pas autorisee.

#17 ·
Ooh thanks :D

I was wondering about that too, but didn't realize it was so easy to fix :p

#18 ·
Hmm it says something in French :unsure: and has no stream :(

#20 ·
Close down your browser, do the time zone change, go back in. Hopefully it works for everyone -- I have it up here... Hendler won the first set 6-4, and broke serve and is serving 1-0 in the second.

Edit: Humm, just went to babelfish with that text. It does indeed look like they're only allowing the stream for Belgium and Canada. From babelfish translation: "You are in a country in which the diffusion of this program n' is not autorisee"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.