• Jie

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Amelie

Votes: 95 41.3%
  • Carla

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Virginie

Votes: 1 0.4%

Who has the most beautiful game when on?

11K views 231 replies 128 participants last post by  DOUBLEFIST 
#1 ·
I was just thinking about some fantastic performances over the past few months, and how beautiful many of their games are when on. My personal favourite is Carla Suarez, I could watch her match against Venus on Youtube all the time. Ive just picked a couple out, so please dont attach me if your fav isnt on it. :kiss:

#2 · (Edited)
'Beautiful' - interesting word choice. Very tough. A stock car is beautiful. In it's element. But it hasn't the delicate beauty of an F1 machine. In turn, if beauty must include practicality, given me an Acura Legend.

Given all that .. Ana Ivanovic. The most effective game? No. But she looks real good doing it. And I'm not talking about sex appeal. When she's moving well, and got the finesse thing going, it's poetry in motion.

#23 ·
'Beautiful' - interesting word choice. Very tough. A stock car is beautiful. In it's element. But it hasn't the delicate beauty of an F1 machine. In turn, if beauty must include practicality, given me an Acura Legend.

Given all that .. Ana Ivanovic. The most effective game? No. But she looks real good doing it. And I'm not talking about sex appeal. When she's moving well, and got the finesse thing going, it's poetry in motion.
First thought.

#3 ·
If we are judging only on esthetic then Kournikova
She had such a fluid and natural-looking game. And a great variety too

honorable mention :
Hantuchova
Radwanska
Hingis
Szavay
Schnyder

#5 ·
why is Virginie in the poll??

personally, i think it's Schnyder...though from the options i chose Marion! :worship:

#6 ·
why is Virginie in the poll??
Her match against Vera... :worship: By lord she hit so many wonderful shots, it was a fantastic match. Vera could just watch. Now if she didnt make mistakes aswell... :unsure: She mightnt be a popular choice but she does have a great game when shes on.

I guess i shoulve included Schynder but her matches this year made me forget she could play well.

#10 ·
Amelie. I dont think Schnyder's game is appealing at all really aside from that forehand. Venus on grass looks great and Serena at 100% can be AMAZING.

Amelie has the prettiest and most complete game though.

#12 ·
Out of the players on that list for me when they are on and playing at the top of their games, I would say the most aesthetically pleasing games would belong to 1) Amelie Mauresmo 2) Venus Williams and 3) Vera Zvonareva. Having said that I should add all three of these girls can look pretty terrible also when they are not "on".

#17 ·
Honestly I find most players' game beautiful when they're on, but there are definitely those who have ugly games even when on. Errani, Kuznetsova, and Santangelo are hard to watch. Kuznetsova and Santangelo because of their hideous forehand grips, and Errani because of her club style play.

#19 ·
Probably Navarro on clay. I agree that ACHAK has very good looking strokes when she's in rhythm

#21 ·
how is venus in the list :sad:

hingis was always beautiful to watch when 'on'

chaks game is so simple yet so smooth when 'on', though im biased.

jj is great to watch when moving the ball around and not missing anything, especialy on clay.

#29 ·
Among the top 10? None of them.

Serena is ungainly with poor weight transference, which is a pity because she has always hit a very clean ball. Venus is a spectacle in terms of power and athleticism, but I'd not ever call her tennis beautiful.

Amelie, I suppose. But she's on borrowed time.

#60 ·
Neither can be called fluid. I agree with this post of you for once :lol:

#30 ·
I would say Hantuchova. :) She's just so rhythmic and flowing in her strokes.

I love the way Jankovic plays too, when she's on, her inside out back is lovely.

Another favorite is Su-Wei Hsieh. She just plays like no other and it's stunning to watch.

#40 ·
I would say
Another favorite is Su-Wei Hsieh. She just plays like no other and it's stunning to watch.
Agree, her game is beautiful and extremely fun to watch. I wish she would play more though :eek: She should be in the top 50.

I would say Patty because she is :hearts:

Dani and Chak have similar style of games and they are 'beautiful' when they are working as well.

Mauresmo, Carla S.V, Wejnert:)worship:), Bremond, Pennetta, Jankovic also.

#31 ·
what do people see in venus's game i just don't get it?

i think her backhand set up looks odd, her forehand has so much elbow in it, 2nd serve can look bad and her head pulls down dragging it into the net. even when she moves shes all arms and legs flaring about. by all means shes a great player but she never to me makes the game look attractive, serena does that much better.

#32 ·
i can't speak for everyone...

i find that when an athlete is playing at the top of her/his sport, it is beautiful. v in particular - her strokes can be devastating. her speed and quickness to the ball awesome.

her game just looks fantastic when she is striking the ball and moving well and is very sure of herself like when she's at wimbledon.

sometimes, my mouth hangs open.

beauty is not just about a perfectly smooth stroke production, etc.

ultimately though, it's in the eye of the beholder.

#34 ·
Justine all the way, her game is just pure delight to the eyes. There's a reason why her fanclub had the saying: poetry in motion. It was just perfect in my eyes. The perfect balance of power, speed and beauty. Besides that, majorly effective.:hearts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.