Aussie's Aussie Open WC Play Off info announced
With the Australian Open 2012 Play-off just days away, another group of wildcards into the 6–11 December event has been announced.
Wildcards for the men’s event are led by former top 100 player Chris Guccione. Joining Guccione will be James Duckworth, James Lemke, Matt Reid, Michael Look, John-Patrick Smith, Isaac Frost, Sam Groth and John Peers.
The wildcards join direct entrants Greg Jones, Marinko Matosevic and Ben Mitchell in the main draw.
There are still 11 more wildcard places in the men’s field, which will be announced in the coming days. The final spot will be filled by the winner of the Optus 18s Australian Championships.
In the women’s event, Tammi Patterson, Daniella Dominikovic, Emelyn Starr and Alenka Hubacek have been awarded wildcards.
They join Casey Dellacqua, Olivia Rogowska, Isabella Holland, Sally Peers, Arina Rodionova and Bojana Bobusic in the women’s play-off.
There are just four wildcards remaining for the women’s event, the last spot will go to the winner of the Optus 18s Australian Championships.
Strang ladies wc's I think. Danni D?? Patterson....um, she hasn;t won a match in the $25 K challngers over the last 3 months in Australia.....
Maybe they are waiting for the u 18's but I thought the wildcards would be Barty, Rajicic, Sanders and maybe Hadzic......and Adamzcak...tennis Oz don't like her I reckon....
Does nayone know what happned to Sophie Letcher? She was given a few opportunities last year but hasn't play any of the $25 K challengers?
Sophie Ferguson is injurered with what this time??/ Any news of when she is back?
Jess Moore? Another one who has promise and ok rank and fell in a heap and now not at all?? Inj? Finished?
Weijernt was anther 'protergy' Tennis Aus liked...Personally wasnt impressed watching her play gainst Knapp a few years back.....
Mirjivic (splling) was nother who won a few qualy ronds a few years ao and was then given a bit of help...saw her name in some Euro challengers in June/july but not playing in the $25 k's here....
I would have thought the wildcrads for Australian will be:
1. USA- announced four names for play off in georgia
2. France - maybe rezai, who I love and hope she gets back but i also wanna see Victora Larrier play
3. Asia- currebtly Amanmuradova....she could get de after Dubai...Chan leads Doi by 7 points, Sema lost 1st round in Dubai so she is out
4. Play off winner- Dellacqua hasnt lost to any of these girls, so reckon she is the very hot fav...if she doesn't win it she shall surley still get one
5. Not that i like her but Rogowska
7. After good form (not last 2 weeks) on the $25K events, Bobusic
8. Barty (only other possibility would be peers but he has been bad news this year)
QDWC (on proviser that Moore, Ferguson & Letcher are injured)
3. An-Sophie Mestach (junior winner)
4. Ar Rodionova (she just will......anyway)
5. Adamczak ( not a big fan at all, as in at all but she deserves it, good enough comeback)
6-8 anyone's guess You'd have to think the guys who just got wildcards today are in favaour, Danni D, Patterson (for sure she'll get one, although her form is terrible) Starr or Hubacek.....
Maybe Sanders, Hadzic, Bai, Tredoux have a shot???
Think it has been documented that Stosur and Lisicki are teaming up again
I'd like Gajdosova- An Rodionova together
If that happened, I'd go with these wildcards:
Bengsen Calderwood- 3 $25 K's in a row!
Ar. Rodionova Rogowska
D. Dominikovic Bobusic
Last pair...maybe Starr -Bai, Sanders-Hadzic, Tredoux-Hubacek chuck Admazcak with someone...
Maybe the play off form will cement places??