Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II - Page 276 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4126 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Katja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34,530
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
yep, he said they were last year in Portugal, at a friend's tennis court/academy and they trained there.
But she got a virus there and took it with her to Australia...

this year she will go to Australia on the 9th of dec and stay there till the tournaments begin, assuming she will play Auckland and Sydney/Brisbane
If she got a virus there why did she go there again in the summer?!
Katja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4127 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Beach!
Posts: 2,105
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Well, that's that. The 2012 Linz finalist is out. Except for doubles of course.
kadiHH is offline  
post #4128 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Let's have a kiki!
 
Adrian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dahoam
Posts: 101,757
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
If she got a virus there why did she go there again in the summer?!
saving money
Adrian. is offline  
post #4129 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Beach!
Posts: 2,105
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
yep, he said they were last year in Portugal, at a friend's tennis court/academy and they trained there.
But she got a virus there and took it with her to Australia...

this year she will go to Australia on the 9th of dec and stay there till the tournaments begin, assuming she will play Auckland and Sydney/Brisbane
She usually gets sick when travelling down under. She must be going early so that she can get her usual virus and be over it by the time the tourney starts.
kadiHH is offline  
post #4130 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,162
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
If she got a virus there why did she go there again in the summer?!
She gets ill, because she is in poor shape and playing too many tournaments (singles and doubles). It´s just stressful for the body. A different country, a different time zone, a different climate every week combined with a poor physical constiution for a professional athlete. Where it catches up with her is just a coincidence more or less.

- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a reigning world #1.
- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a top 5 player at a major.
- Caroline Wozniacki has not beaten a top 3 player en route to any of her 23 titles.
- Caroline Wozniacki has beaten two top 5 players en route to her 23 titles (#4 Zvonareva and #5 Schiavone)

-Her fans think she had very bad luck with her Grand Slam and Regular Tour draws.
Patrick345 is offline  
post #4131 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Katja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34,530
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Maybe Nensel is just wired differently with a very thick skin and just as complacent as she is.
Regarding Nensel again, before her he coached Kiefer (not exactly the definition of work ethic either) - look up Kiefer's results under Högstedt and then under Nensel, he pretty much stopped making finals as soon as he hired Nensel..
Katja is offline  
post #4132 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Katja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34,530
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Rittner better not nominate Görges for the Fed-Cup in February, because that seems to be something that might motivate Görges as she clearly cares about playing for Germany. Not that her play or ranking would justify a nomination.
Unless a miracle happens in Australia Rittner won't nominate her, she always goes with the "safe choice".
Katja is offline  
post #4133 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Beach!
Posts: 2,105
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

So, she is not going to Portugal at all? Maybe she lost the sponsorship of the resort there.
kadiHH is offline  
post #4134 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 38,171
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

After Linz she will have her lowest ranking position since May 2010.
mk27 is offline  
post #4135 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Katja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34,530
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
She gets ill, because she is in poor shape and playing too many tournaments (singles and doubles). It´s just stressful for the body. A different country, a different time zone, a different climate every week combined with a poor physical constiution for a professional athlete. Where it catches up with her is just a coincidence more or less.
Tim Böseler (from Tennismagazin) told on Sportradio 360 some time ago that he had asked Nensel about just that, if it's not just too much and Nensel apparently got very angry and defensive about it.
Katja is offline  
post #4136 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Katja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34,530
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
So, she is not going to Portugal at all? Maybe she lost the sponsorship of the resort there.
Apparently a friend of the family owns the hotel there, so it's one of those "sponsorships", not a sponsorship.
Katja is offline  
post #4137 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Beach!
Posts: 2,105
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Apparently a friend of the family owns the hotel there, so it's one of those "sponsorships", not a sponsorship.
After this season she's going to need more of those kind of "sponsorships" I would think because the real kind won't be there anymore.
kadiHH is offline  
post #4138 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Katja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34,530
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
After this season she's going to need more of those kind of "sponsorships" I would think because the real kind won't be there anymore.
We still don't really know what happened with Nike at the end of last year, if Nike decided to drop her (which is unlikely, I think, because she had good form at the end of the year, was ranked #18 and, let's face it, she gets photographed a lot more than most players..) and Fila was an emergency solution, or if Fila signed her by outbidding Nike (looking for new faces after Kim's retirement). If it's the latter, she probably has a year or two left on the contract. Katjes should run out soon, though, but she would have lost that one anyway I think, Katjes never showed any interest in her after signing her.
Katja is offline  
post #4139 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Beach!
Posts: 2,105
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
We still don't really know what happened with Nike at the end of last year, if Nike decided to drop her (which is unlikely, I think, because she had good form at the end of the year, was ranked #18 and, let's face it, she gets photographed a lot more than most players..) and Fila was an emergency solution, or if Fila signed her by outbidding Nike (looking for new faces after Kim's retirement). If it's the latter, she probably has a year or two left on the contract. Katjes should run out soon, though, but she would have lost that one anyway I think, Katjes never showed any interest in her after signing her.
Posted a reply here: Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1
kadiHH is offline  
post #4140 of 5014 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Katja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34,530
                     
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Andi & Jule are on court for their doubles match.
Katja is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome