Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS ! - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2012, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,247
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Julia vs. Kirilenko - today 13:30 (CET) on Court 12! So, no show court again, hooray
Dispeker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2012, 06:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Johnbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,306
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Julia vs. Kirilenko - today 13:30 (CET) on Court 12! So, no show court again, hooray
Johnbert is offline  
post #168 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,591
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
3rd round against Kirilenko
H2H 2-0 for Kirilenko, Julia didn't even won a set yet
So the same scenario for the third time in a row. Julia seems to be in the mood and form to finally beat these girls who have owned her in the past though, so I think it might be time for her to get the win over Kirilenko.
HowardH is offline  
 
post #169 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,348
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Hmm, it was not meant to be, then. Anyway, an epic match against Aga and revenge against Lepchenko still make a good week.
Skoo is offline  
post #170 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM
Who knows where the time goes
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spain
Posts: 22,422
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

While I agree it was a good week I can´t help but feel a little dissapointed,I thought she had a very good chance to reach the QFs
#kArLoS# is offline  
post #171 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,348
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by #kArLoS# View Post
While I agree it was a good week I can´t help but feel a little dissapointed,I thought she had a very good chance to reach the QFs
Yeah, I thought that, too (see my comment from yesterday), but... yeah
Skoo is offline  
post #172 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Vikapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,525
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Deceiving from Julia. She really had her chance to the QF. I wished one day she was able to take that necessary step to make something really big.
Vikapower is offline  
post #173 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,591
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Considering the way Kvitova just played against Kirilenko we can see that this was a really massive opportunity.
HowardH is offline  
post #174 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,247
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Considering the way Kvitova just played against Kirilenko we can see that this was a really massive opportunity.
Hm, it just showed how good Kirilenko plays at the moment It actually puts Julia's loss a bit into perspective. I think we can be pretty satisfied with Julia's performance at the Olympics. The win against Aga was one of the best matches she has ever played. She backed up this win with a solid performance against Lepchenko, a player she wasn't able to beat before (like Aga). Yes, she didn't make it to 4th round once more but, as I said, Kirilenko seems to be in great form, so losing against her is nothing to be ashamed of. I don't why I am so optimistic but I got the feeling that she has taken another step in her development as a professional tennis player during this week in London. The way she fought back in the match against A.Rad. at 4-4 in the 3rd or against Lepchenko at 3-5 in the 2nd set was really amazing. There she demonstrated a degree of mental toughness at crucial stages which I hadn't seen from her very often before. Maybe this time she really learned something
Dispeker is offline  
post #175 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,348
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Hm, it just showed how good Kirilenko plays at the moment It actually puts Julia's loss a bit into perspective. I think we can be pretty satisfied with Julia's performance at the Olympics. The win against Aga was one of the best matches she has ever played. She backed up this win with a solid performance against Lepchenko, a player she wasn't able to beat before (like Aga). Yes, she didn't make it to 4th round once more but, as I said, Kirilenko seems to be in great form, so losing against her is nothing to be ashamed of. I don't why I am so optimistic but I got the feeling that she has taken another step in her development as a professional tennis player during this week in London. The way she fought back in the match against A.Rad. at 4-4 in the 3rd or against Lepchenko at 3-5 in the 2nd set was really amazing. There she demonstrated a degree of mental toughness at crucial stages which I hadn't seen from her very often before. Maybe this time she really learned something
I agree with this, but I'm not that optimistic about the learning part. I have been for countless times and it wasn't so
Skoo is offline  
post #176 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,247
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
I agree with this, but I'm not that optimistic about the learning part. I have been for countless times and it wasn't so
Maybe in her case the learning process takes place in such small steps that we don't always recognize the improvements she actually made at first sight. But it happens - slowly - but still, it happens. That's at least my theory (or hope ).
Dispeker is offline  
post #177 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,348
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Maybe in her case the learning process takes place in such small steps that we don't always recognize the improvements she actually made at first sight. But it happens - slowly - but still, it happens. That's at least my theory (or hope ).
Perhaps Another theory would be that it doesn't even matter, she isn't actually fit enough to play her game for a long time. Maybe both
Skoo is offline  
post #178 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,247
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Perhaps Another theory would be that it doesn't even matter, she isn't actually fit enough to play her game for a long time. Maybe both
Well, her (not so) new fitness coach (forgot his name) should be able to change this at least. I mean, this is his job.
Dispeker is offline  
post #179 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,348
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Well, her (not so) new fitness coach (forgot his name) should be able to change this at least. I mean, this is his job.
Sure and I bet they're on the right track Also, I suppose the lack of motivation in smaller events can be related to this.
Skoo is offline  
post #180 of 182 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Kon.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,657
                     
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Even though she lost to Kirilenko this was a good run at the Olympics.
Especially that stunning victory over Radwanska in the 1st round.

I really think she's been underrated on grass so far. I think she can have more great results in the future on this surface.
And it might turn out to favor her game more than clay.
Kon. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome