Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread
Rough and dirty translation:
- A quick look says #18, best end ranking of her career, a good year
- a closer look shows that she hasn't fixed her biggest weakness: fluctations
- Sometimes she plays brilliantly, sometimes abysmal, you never know
- She still hasn't made the "2nd step forward" that Petko, Lisicki & Kerber have made
- Example: AO '12, her best result of the year and yet one of the worst performances of her career
- vs Radwanska "refusal to work", no fight, didn't even understand why people were mad at her at first
- afterwards she realized that "3rd round at a slam" isn't a great result for her anymore
- she should, or maybe even has to advance to QF or SF at the most important tournaments
- She isn't just the pretty face any more
- She lost a lot of respect from other players that day
- She has the will, the fitness and a sledgehammer serve of over 200kph, but she doesn't show it week in, week out
- Easy to conclude: "mental problem", but some players just need longer to grow up
- New chance starting January, even if she still has fluctuations, it won't be as terrible as it was in Melbourne.
The Sportmagazin interview mentioned earlier isn't available online, and the magazine isn't available at newsstands in Germany, so our only chance to read it would be an Austrian user buying a copy.