a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2013, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
pling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,996
                     
a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

So bored of Indian Wells now - get us to Florida already.

Petra has never won more than one match in any Miami main draw

Can she beat the heat, the humidity and the haters and make some history?

Or will the ♪ sky break in two ♫ over her little miami trip and it will be ♫ the end of her ♪ again


Last edited by pling; Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
pling is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
pling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,996
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to rewrite history?

Draw will be on Monday?
pling is offline  
post #3 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,353
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

where's the indian wells thread? deleted?
TimeyWimey is offline  
 
post #4 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
where's the indian wells thread? deleted?
Yeah,I closed the thread because,like 'Pling',I was getting tired of IW and Petra's disappointing ending there...figured that it was only a matter of time before someone else took the initiative and got us Miami-bound

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #5 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
So bored of Indian Wells now - get us to Florida already.

Petra has never won more than one match in any Miami main draw

Can she beat the heat, the humidity and the haters and make some history?
It's a serviceable title but,in keeping with the 'little' motif,I would've either left EVERY word,including Petra's name,in lowercase...or I'd at least make 'time' lowercase so that Petra stood out from the crowd....Anyhow,I can see that you've chosen the "" emoticon,but there are lots of pistols on Miami's streets,so we'll have to round up some more firepower to make sure that you've got enough back-up.

Petra had a breakthrough,of sorts,in IW,so let's find out if she can match,or EXCEED,that in Miami

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #6 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
steni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,879
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Is she still in Indian Wells?
steni is offline  
post #7 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,934
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Is she still in Indian Wells?
Yeah, shouldn't she be practicing in Miami, getting acquainted, acclimated to the weather (unless better weather was coming and she was waiting it out), and consulting local Doc's?

Last year Petra stayed in/at Indian Wells and practiced, cause she said the weather 'suited her asthma'. This is despite the fact that a virus was running rampant, that she allegedly, may have contracted there as well.
Excelscior is offline  
post #8 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,934
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,I closed the thread because,like 'Pling',I was getting tired of IW and Petra's disappointing ending there...figured that it was only a matter of time before someone else took the initiative and got us Miami-bound
Excelscior is offline  
post #9 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
ArcticMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Official DJ to DiscoPetra
Posts: 3,059
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,I closed the thread because,like 'Pling',I was getting tired of IW and Petra's disappointing ending there...figured that it was only a matter of time before someone else took the initiative and got us Miami-bound
I am not sure how many others feel the same way as I do but are keeping silent .....I strongly feel we should retain threads whatever Kvitty's performance & tournament outcomes ... it's a record of her tennis journey & will be a endearing reminder in years to come along with all her trophies, pictures and video clips....that we all were part of that special journey during her playing career....

Also worth remembering is that fans do spend time & effort despite their daily busy schedules to contribute to threads, so just deleting them because of a QF loss as in this case is almost saying that their time & effort in contributing to those posts has not been valued (lets not discount that there was in excess of 12,000 viewings of that thread)... as what keeps the 'Hello Kvitty Sub-forum' alive and kicking is the fans themselves.....

For example, I started the Photos thread the day Petra's sub-forum was created which also happened to be the day she won her first GS SF and earned her place in her first GS Final - there are so many precious contributions in that thread from all her fans who were part of that journey .... do I simply hit the delete button when she has a disappointing loss to erase all memeory or do I responsibly caretake the thread on behalf all those fans in a considerate manner....

Petra's first ever title in Asia/ Middle East and her journey to it was captured in the thread that was deleted so was her performance against Serena at Doha - so there were many precious moments ... that have simply disappeared...

so lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater in haste....Thank you.

Last edited by ArcticMoose; Mar 16th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
ArcticMoose is offline  
post #10 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
so lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater in haste....Thank you.
Well,I ended the original Petra's off-topic thread b/c there was loads of whining about it...and didn't wanna read the same complaints about the Desert thread.However,you've made some very reasonable arguments in the post above so,if I start another tourney thread in the second half of this year for one of Petra's events,then I'll respect your(and others')wishes

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #11 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
 
ShiftyFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

This time WTA decided to feture all top players in All Acces Hour, here info, how we can send questions to Petra


btw, on IW radio was little insight on Djokovic that would keep Ex going on about Petra, her team, preparation and dedication for at least a month

For Tha Emprah!
Treachery is a virus

Last edited by ShiftyFella; Mar 16th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
ShiftyFella is offline  
post #12 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9,369
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
I am not sure how many others feel the same way as I do but are keeping silent .....I strongly feel we should retain threads whatever Kvitty's performance & tournament outcomes ... it's a record of her tennis journey & will be a endearing reminder in years to come along with all her trophies, pictures and video clips....that we all were part of that special journey during her playing career....

Also worth remembering is that fans do spend time & effort despite their daily busy schedules to contribute to threads, so just deleting them because of a QF loss as in this case is almost saying that their time & effort in contributing to those posts has not been valued (lets not discount that there was in excess of 12,000 viewings of that thread)... as what keeps the 'Hello Kvitty Sub-forum' alive and kicking is the fans themselves.....

For example, I started the Photos thread the day Petra's sub-forum was created which also happened to be the day she won her first GS SF and earned her place in her first GS Final - there are so many precious contributions in that thread from all her fans who were part of that journey .... do I simply hit the delete button when she has a disappointing loss to erase all memeory or do I responsibly caretake the thread on behalf all those fans in a considerate manner....

Petra's first ever title in Asia/ Middle East and her journey to it was captured in the thread that was deleted so was her performance against Serena at Doha - so there were many precious moments ... that have simply disappeared...

so lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater in haste....Thank you.
One of the bests posts I've read on this forum lately and I couldn't agree more.
Petronius is offline  
post #13 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
One of the bests posts I've read on this forum lately and I couldn't agree more.
You could've shown an ounce of backbone and asked me directly like Moose did...but that's not your style

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #14 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
This time WTA decided to feture all top players in All Acces Hour, here info, how we can send questions to Petra


btw, on IW radio was little insight on Djokovic that would keep Ex going on about Petra, her team, preparation and dedication for at least a month
Your little jab at Ex aside,do you sincerely feel that Nole had any insights that Petra could apply in her OWN career?

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #15 of 114 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
ShiftyFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Your little jab at Ex aside,do you sincerely feel that Nole had any insights that Petra could apply in her OWN career?
dunno but his dedication and drive to be on the top is amazing, they were talking how Nole when was younger when his breakthrough happened sought any help he could get to be better player. He wanted to learn how to transition, serve and volley properly because he thought to stay at #1 you have to go the ball and not wait for it to come to you, also Miles(or was it aussie dude) talked how he trained Nole for 6 weeks to give him basics in transition, told him to work on it everyday because you can't learn it overnight cos this takes years of practice. Petra doesn't need to be work out freak like him and spend 98% on practice court but at least she can take lesson from his book by trying to get best possible help from different sources not just rely on your own coach.

For Tha Emprah!
Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome