2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 30 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #436 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
netphobia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: on a court
Posts: 838
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

I was just sad when I read Sloane Stephens' "little kids go home first week" comment I know she meant it lightly, but the combination of that quote and Petra's name next to it GM was a bit

••
vika
•••
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #437 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
I was just sad when I read Sloane Stephens' "little kids go home first week" comment I know she meant it lightly, but the combination of that quote and Petra's name next to it GM was a bit
I know exactly how you feel Nettie/Phobia (which one do you like)!?

I didn't view the Sloane quote myself (though I read/heard about it, and the TF/GM OP's Petra connotation).

Nonetheless, I felt exactly the same way, when I read about the potential 4 Grand Slam Winners making the semi's, sans our beloved, very talented, but under achieving, "Little Girl" Petra.
Excelscior is offline  
post #438 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,835
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Well,Paul,this is definitely an appropriate thread title,but Petra claims that she's going to play Paris Indoor,whose MD starts next Monday.I'm sure that Petra's team will plan her flight so that she arrives about 15 minutes before her 1st match but,regardless,we should find a way to extract Petra from the mud so that she can free herself,physically speaking,and board the plane,don't you think?

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #439 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,Paul,this is definitely an appropriate thread title,but Petra claims that she's going to play Paris Indoor,whose MD starts next Monday.I'm sure that Petra's team will plan her flight so that she arrives about 15 minutes before her 1st match but,regardless,we should find a way to extract Petra from the mud so that she can free herself,physically speaking,and board the plane,don't you think?
Please Bruce. I don't want to get mad.

It makes me think about the part of the article, when the reporter asked Kotyza, about 'changing the training regimen--that's not working-- with the new fitness guy'. And I'm thinking to myself, "How the hell did you fire Ivanko during the middle of the year; announce a search, then take months to come up with the current guy--who we knew would be nothing to write home about in the first place"!!?

Geesh-uz!! It's truly all on Petra.
Excelscior is offline  
post #440 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
netphobia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: on a court
Posts: 838
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Plus...yes, let's hire a brand-new fitness trainer while Petra is trying to get back on track from illness + weird scheduling during the offseason. Because that'll go over well. Few weeks without tennis and then a totally different trainer, 3 matches and then the Australian Open. Sigh.

ETA: I think someone said a while ago that the main problem here is that a top player should win matches (in part) because of her team...not in spite of them. I'm not saying that Petra and her serve ( ) are not responsible for crashing out to Hypson or Domi or Pavs, but still.

••
vika
•••
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline  
post #441 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Plus...yes, let's hire a brand-new fitness trainer while Petra is trying to get back on track from illness + weird scheduling during the offseason. Because that'll go over well. Few weeks without tennis and then a totally different trainer, 3 matches and then the Australian Open. Sigh.

ETA: I think someone said a while ago that the main problem here is that a top player should win matches (in part) because of her team...not in spite of them. I'm not saying that Petra and her serve ( ) are not responsible for crashing out to Hypson or Domi or Pavs, but still.
Maybe we all did at some point Phobia.

I know I did, in many different variations.

I had actually said recently (if I remember correctly), "If Petra wins in the future, she will win because she got hot and confident, and not because of anything thing her team did'.

And Petra recently said to the BBC, 'My serve was the worst ever', when she lost to Robson at the Australian Open. Oh Really!!

How/Why!? What were they doing!? You had a month and a half (in theory) to train and prepare for the new season, and you come out horrible, especially after a not so great end to 2012 (of course we know her Fed Cup, Czech Extraliga and Exo events cut into that rest and preparation time).

But still. Where's the pride??
Excelscior is offline  
post #442 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

really?! i thought her ROS was at the worst ever as well, not to mention movement and mental strength

when playing a player like Laura Robson, channeling all the disappointment towards below-par serve is quite laughable (was that BBC interview right after the match?)
TimeyWimey is offline  
post #443 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Senior Member
 
netphobia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: on a court
Posts: 838
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Yeah, her serve was definitely not everything that was wrong with that match.

••
vika
•••
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline  
post #444 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,018
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Yeah, her serve was definitely not everything that was wrong with that match.
I told ya, when I saw her at Eastbourne and the Olympics .... she looked so miserable and fed up.

There's something obviously wrong that we know nothing about (and maybe she doesn't either ), but she looked bloody miserable
PetraReeMona is offline  
post #445 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
really?! i thought her ROS was at the worst ever as well, not to mention movement and mental strength

when playing a player like Laura Robson, channeling all the disappointment towards below-par serve is quite laughable (was that BBC interview right after the match?)
Yes, her comments were right after the match. And her ROS was negligent as well/as hell.

Yup Yup!!
Excelscior is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome