2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 25 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #361 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,453
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
No, one more women fallen into Radek's trap This can explain her poor performance, Petra you better stick with Adam more at least you had results back then


BTW, I didn't see the Radek match, but acc. to the reports, it was an awesome match with lots of great points and with very respectable scoreline for Radek.
Petronius is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
No, one more women fallen into Radek's trap This can explain her poor performance, Petra you better stick with Adam more at least you had results back then
I think what's even more troubling than any future Stephanek marriage or polygamy would be, 'why is Petra there in the first place'.

If I was the 8th seed/2012 semi-finalist, and lost to an unseeded player during the 2nd round, I'm not going out the next day to watch anybody play. Unless it's my sister, my brother or best friend, I'd be too mad or embarrassed to wanna sit at Rod Laver and watch Stephanek inevitably lose to Djokovic. For what (and don't give me the Czech Connection guys)!? I'd be more concerned about my own game, instead of having a mini-Melbourne vacation or making the rds with the Czech Davis cup team.

Can you imagine Serena, Azarenka or Sharapova doing something similar (especially the very next day)?

And please guys, don't respond against this/what I said with common sense. I just wanted to put this out there, cause it needed to be said. Damn humanity!

Sometimes you gotta wonder about Petra's tennis priorities though.

Last edited by Excelscior; Jan 18th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
Excelscior is offline  
post #363 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 210
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I think what's even more troubling than any future Stephanek marriage or polygamy would be, 'why is Petra there in the first place'.

If I was the 8th seed/2012 semi-finalist, and lost to an unseeded player during the 2nd round, I'm not going out the next day to watch anybody play. Unless it's my sister, my brother or best friend, I'd be too mad or embarrassed to wanna sit at Rod Laver and watch Stephanek inevitably lose to Djokovic. For what (and don't give me the Czech Connection guys)!? I'd be more concerned about my own game, instead of having a mini-Melbourne vacation or making the rds with the Czech Davis cup team.

Can you imagine Serena, Azarenka or Sharapova doing something similar (especially the very next day)?

Sometimes you wonder about Petra.
She is different, more human, one of reasons I like her much more than other players.
Lufa is offline  
post #364 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
She is different, more human, one of reasons I like her much more than other players.
OK then.

She'll be a great person, that we like, with 1-3 majors (if even that on the later one or two, if she's lucky at this rate), who never fulfilled her potential, because of her lackadaisical attitude towards her chosen sport. Okay; gotcha!!
Excelscior is offline  
post #365 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,453
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

Can you imagine Serena, Azarenka or Sharapova doing something similar (especially the very next day)?
I can't, because US, Belarussian and Russian Davis Cup teams are all crap

Jokes aside, I think she just wanted to extend her Aussie summer vacation so she watched some matches of her Prostějov buddies. Safie and Fatlyuchenkova Nastya are thru in doubles as is Berdych in singles so maybe she'll stay a bit longer?

BTW, she'll probably apply for a Paris Indoors wildcard
Petronius is online now  
post #366 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I can't, because US, Belarussian and Russian Davis Cup teams are all crap

Jokes aside, I think she just wanted to extend her Aussie summer vacation so she watched some matches of her Prostějov buddies. Safie and Fatlyuchenkova Nastya are thru in doubles as is Berdych in singles so maybe she'll stay a bit longer?

BTW, she'll probably apply for a Paris Indoors wildcard
Good choice.

Hopefully, it brings good memories, fortune and results, not only at this tournament, but for the rest of the year.
Excelscior is offline  
post #367 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,829
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
BTW, she'll probably apply for a Paris Indoors wildcard
Petra should've played it LAST year when she was defending champ(yeah,yeah,let's hear the excuse that it was too much tennis in a short time--after she ran herself into the ground in the USO Series).This is a good example of a bass-ackwards operation

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Unforgettable memories of the Olympic Slam Queen, Señora Dementieva
bruce goose is online now  
post #368 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,453
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Fresh interview with HuggyBear: http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-ten...0626_tenis_rou

Sorry, don't have time, but maybe Lufa, paulmara or Shifty will translate his insightful (or 'insightful'? ) comments
Petronius is online now  
post #369 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 25,343
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I think what's even more troubling than any future Stephanek marriage or polygamy would be, 'why is Petra there in the first place'.
Maybe it was suggested to her that she watch Djokvic more. He does do some things that she needs to remember. Plus he was an "almost great" (only 1 major if I remember correctly) until he focused on getting super fit. Remember when dude used to wilt in the heat like cheap cut flowers? There are many things about him that she could benefit from/ be motivated by.

Mulder: "So you're agreeing with me?"
Scully "No! You're bat-crap crazy."


Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #370 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Maybe it was suggested to her that she watch Djokvic more. He does do some things that she needs to remember. Plus he was an "almost great" (only 1 major if I remember correctly) until he focused on getting super fit. Remember when dude used to wilt in the heat like cheap cut flowers? There are many things about him that she could benefit from/ be motivated by.
Everything you said is true, and I can certainly agree that Petra can learn from ATP players like Djokovic, and I've said it--in the past myself.

Unfortunately though, this is also not the first time Petra viewed a Radek match at a major. So I think this was all about seeing him, and a whole lot less about Djokovic, if at all. Petronius may have mentioned, she watched Lucie Safarova as well. So apparently, Petra was making the Czech Fed and Davis Cup rounds.

Nice thought though.

Hopefully, she picked up on 'somethings', anyway.
Excelscior is offline  
post #371 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
ArcticMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Official DJ to DiscoPetra
Posts: 3,056
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Fresh interview with HuggyBear: http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-ten...0626_tenis_rou

Sorry, don't have time, but maybe Lufa, paulmara or Shifty will translate his insightful (or 'insightful'? ) comments
Always thought you were a man of leisure… Getting up late ..enjoying your tea & coffee with the read of the paper & then watch womens tennis all day!! – so have you now snared a “squeeze” somewhere between Prague city & your country pad that is eating up all your leisure time?

On a serious note who are these two clowns : Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist) – which other tennis / sports players use these two clowns?
ArcticMoose is offline  
post #372 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Always thought you were a man of leisure… Getting up late ..enjoying your tea & coffee with the read of the paper & then watch womens tennis all day!! – so have you now snared a “squeeze” somewhere between Prague city & your country pad that is eating up all your leisure time?

On a serious note who are these two clowns : Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist) – which other tennis / sports players use these two clowns?

Oh god Moose. Don't get me started on the Fitness guy ('Oh Lord'). I've/We've talked about, scrutinized and skewered this guy already. I'll let someone else, shoot off (hopefully) with the snark first, before I do. 'Lawd Have Mercy'!

I'm assuming the sports psychologist, is the same local guy she/Cernosek, been using for years, before she made the big time.

In my opinion, Petra's beyond a sports psychologist (especially a non world class one). They can only do so much, and can't really relate to Petra's pressure.

Petra needs, someone more like a Navratilova, Lendl or Pavel Slozil type, that can reset her priorities, and teach her how to deal with the pressure, and embrace it, and not look at it as a negative. They can ease the fear and the challenges for her.

Just look at what Lendl did for Andy Murray and all his demons in only one year??
Excelscior is offline  
post #373 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,528
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Courtney Nguyen‏@FortyDeuceTwits

GOOD. MT @Mikomonstr: Unsure whether she's done it, but Petra's coach says they're going to request a WC for Paris. http://bit.ly/105Lbcu
18majors is offline  
post #374 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,760
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Always thought you were a man of leisure… Getting up late ..enjoying your tea & coffee with the read of the paper & then watch womens tennis all day!! – so have you now snared a “squeeze” somewhere between Prague city & your country pad that is eating up all your leisure time?

On a serious note who are these two clowns : Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist) – which other tennis / sports players use these two clowns?
I read that article. And with the assistance of Google translation (I'm sure my Czech Brethren will assist me, regarding any incorrect conclusions I've drawn from it), three things jumped out at me:

1) The Melbourne Correspondent asking the questions (who ever he or she is), openly says/ask "Signed to the disenchantment of the defeats, and the fact that the new method of fitness training does not work?" to Kotyza. Wow! How damming and embarrassing is that, for Petra's team and new the Fitness Coach? SMH

2) Petra is a physical and psychological head case at the moment. And this doesn't include, her eroding, non existent Petra-like tennis skills, we've barely seen. For example, her serve is at an all time low (like other aspects of her game), and Petra said as much--post match to the BBC. SMH again. They also seem lost in regards to Petra's training at the moment. WTF is really going on there?

3) When the reporter ask about his job security, Kotyza says, "Every coach goes through some bad times. But this is not yet so long that we have to address staffing issues". What!? Does Kotyza know he's in so good (with Petra or Cernosenk), that he can make his own predictions on his extended tenure, despite Petra's sucky results, preparation and training the past 4 months?....Amazing, how Kotyza and Cernosek, seem to have a habit of speaking for Petra, but at the end say "ask her or it's up to her", which Kotyza eventually did. However, that wasn't his first response. Plus, he knows, if they did ask Petra, she would never say anything bad about him. He's her current crutch, and its' probably not even her decision anyway.

Weird bunch man. But I hope they get it together soon. And hopefully, Paris Indoors can spur Petra. Cause only she, and the good results and requisite confidence that comes from it, can assist or save her season at this juncture (i.e. not her team). Petra and her results, need to make it happen, until she finds a team that consistently can. Right now, this bunch appears clueless, as they been the past year.

http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-ten...0626_tenis_rou

Last edited by Excelscior; Jan 18th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Excelscior is offline  
post #375 of 445 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

^is she playing Paris indoor?
TimeyWimey is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome