Re: FWTT Juniors Information Thread
RULES FOR PLAYERS
1. You MUST be at least 14 years old
2. You are not allowed to change surfaces after you submit them the first time
3. You are not allowed to change your junior players' name. Juniors are not allowed to get married.
4. Each FWTT player can play as many tournaments as they wish, unless they are ranked inside the top 10. Top 10 players are only allowed to play one G2 event per month. The rankings of the date when the initial entry lists for the following month(s) are posted are those to be considered for the regulation.
5. If you enter late into a tournament (after the draw is posted), you will NOT be seeded. However, you can still be seeded in doubles/mixed. Late entering players can only replace fake players. The fake player that is replaced is decided by lot, fake players from the homing country will only be replaced if no other fake players are available.
6. Previous points may be used (if current event is on same surface) for no more than 2 weeks. There is also no guarantee that previous points will be used at all, however if they are kept then every effort will be made to use them. Example: Week1-You send points; Week2-You don't send and event is on same surface; if Week1 points were kept they can be used; Week3-You don't send and event is on same surface; if Week1 points were kept they can be used; Week4-You must send new points or you receive 0-0-0
7. If both players send doubles points, the following will apply:
- If neither specify which points to use, the points will be combined and averaged
- If one player specifies which set of points to use, that set will be used
- If both players specify that their set of points should be used, they will again be averaged
8. If neither player sends doubles points, singles points will be averaged (minus any bonus singles points). If one player does not send singles points, 0-0-0 will be used for that person's part of the doubles points.
9. If only one player sends doubles points, that player's points will be used for the team.
10. If you fail to send points for a Grand Slam or a GA Event you will receive 0-0-0 regardless of whether or not previous points are on hand.
11. In the event of a tie in points, the winner of that set shall be the player who has the preference of that surface higher. If there is still a tie, the higher ranked player shall win.
11. If you send too many points, any excess will be deducted from the set in which the set score is closest.
12. The calendar year in which a junior player reaches the age of 18 will be her last one. After that, she has to leave FWTT juniors and can be replaced by a new junior.
13. Junior players can enter up to six senior tour tournaments, senior players can play a max. of two junior tour tournaments (if they're still below 18).
14. Mixed Doubles is part of Grand Slams and Grade A tournaments, making this a total of 9 tournaments. There ia a separate ranking for mixed doubles as well which is used to determine 50% of the seedings. Mixed partners have to be part of the ITF Junior Rankings, their current ranking position counts the other 50% of the seedings.
15. Continental Championships are held every year. One is for Europe, one for Africa, North and South America and one for Asia and Oceania. At the Continental Championships, doubles partners have to be from the same country and mixed doubles partners have to be real juniors from the same country, too. Youth Olympics are held every four years. There, doubles and mixed partners do not have to be from the same country, but if there are fellow active junior players and/or real boy juniors from the same country who are ranked inside the top 200, those players have to be prioritised for this event.
16. As of July 2015, you are allowed to have two junior players. They are not allowed to be born in the same year and they may not play doubles together except at Continental Championships or Youth Olympics.
Vögele / Bencic / Golubic / Jil B
Cause We Got That Fire - Inbar, Barbie, Juli, G.
ALG / Petko / SeRena / JaJa / TaTo
LaraM / Cucumber / Bacs / Kennel
formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
Last edited by Qalahari; Jun 20th, 2015 at 05:40 PM.