Join Date: Jan 2010
1. Building your squad
- To start, choose one player to be part of your 'squad'. You can choose any player on the WTA tour but remember that the amount of points you earn will depend on how well your players do in real life.
- Everyone starts with 750 points. You will then recieve a Welcome Pack. Each Welcome Pack contains two player cards that will be chosen at random - one top 20 player and one top 50 player. You'll also recieve one bonus card, which I'll explain shortly.
- If you don't like any of the players you've recieved, you can trade them with others for different cards or for points (see section 4)
- If you want to boost your squad at any time, you can purchase different packs (similar to your welcome pack) from me using your points (see section 5)
- For the record, there is no harm in having the same players as someone else, in fact duplicates will become more likely as the game goes on. However, top 10 player cards will be more rare and will have a greater value.example2. Playing the game
Mr X chooses Caroline Wozniacki as their starting player.
He then recieves his Welcome Pack, which contains Jelena Jankovic (his top 20 player) and Lucie Safarova (his top 50 player). He also recieves his bonus card (explained in section 3)
- Each week, you can select a maximum of 5 players from your squad (the rest will be "benched", as they say)
- The ranking points your players earn from each tournament will be added to your total points, so choosing the right players to use at each tournament is crucial.
- Each month there will be a thread in which you will choose which players you want to use each week. You can change your mind up until the start of the main draw, but no later.
3. Bonus cards
- There are two types of bonus cards - surface cards and in-form player cards. Surface cards can be only be used once. They can be applied to any player (only one card per player at a time), and will boost the points that player earns by a certain percentage.example
Mr X's player Caroline Wozniacki is playing a clay court tournament. He decides to apply a surface bonus to his player card.
An additional 20% of the points Caroline wins at the tournament will be added to Mr X's overall points. Surface cards will contain either a 20% or 50% bonus.
- In-form player cards are added to the game after every tournament. A new player card will be created when a player wins a tournament, and these cards will come with an automatic percentage bonus for the player.
- The amount of bonus will depend on the level of tournament the player won.
- These cards can be used at any time, and can be purchased in one of the packs that will be available.example
Earlier this season, Li Na won Sydney (a WTA Premier event) and Jarmila Groth was the winner of Hobart (a WTA International event).
Li's in-form player card will have a 20% bonus for winning a Premier event, while Groth's card will have a 10% bonus for winning an International event. In form player cards for Grand Slam winners will have a bonus of 50%, however these cards will be very rare.
- You will probably accumulate a number of unwanted cards in the game but fortunately one person's loss is another person's gain. You will be able to trade your cards with other people in the game, whether it be for other cards or for points.
- A thread will be created purely for trades where you can post which cards are on your wishlist, and which cards you want to get rid of.
- After trading, you will be able to use your new card(s) the next week.
5. Purchasing packs
If you want to add to your squad, whether you want bonus cards or simply more player cards to choose from, then you can purchase packs of cards using your points.
Some of the packs available will be:
There will also be special auctions throughout the season, where you can bid on rare player cards.
- Player packs contain 4 player cards: 2 top 32 players and 2 top 75 players. These will cost 750 points.
- Surface packs contain 4 random surface cards. These will cost 500 points.
- Gold packs contain 4 player cards: 3 top 32 players and 1 in-form player card. These will cost 1500 points.
- ITF packs contain 2 player cards of your choice ranked outside of the top 75. These will cost 500 points.
- A number of Limited Edition cards with a bonus of 100% are available from the TCG Shop. The cost of these cards will depend on the player.