Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Eliteville, California
Re: Mirjana's 2014 Aussie Tour
How nice! ML-B ought to make it into the Oz Open MD ... as 1st ALT w/ three weeks left I'd have to conclude the stars are working feverishly against her if she didn't get in.
Beyond that, hard to expect a whole lot. She seems firmly set in that 104-120 ranking "bubble" for 4 consecutive years, now.
Which is nothing to be ashamed about, not by a long way.
New Year's Wish List for La Lucic?
1. Really OUTRAGEOUSLY easy draws (and solid play) at the beginning of the season so she can get some sort of cushion for the latter part of the season.
2. Productive partnership in dubs with whomever (hopefully Jelena)
3. At least one main draw win this year at either the Oz Open or French Open, the only majors where she has failed utterly since her comeback.
4. I'd like to see her come to net more behind her bjg groundies this year, especially in matches against tomato-can players she needs to put away more routinely. A judicious net campaign throughout 2014 might give her singles game that extra little ingredient of purpose it has lacked in order for her to achieve the next level (a top 75 ranking, at this point).
5. Lots of nice $$$$!
6. Fun and health ... along with winning a few of those big heartbreaker matches that have just plain eluded her grasp.
7. The one scintillating run we've all been hoping for at a WTA-level event, preferably a major, but any WTA event will do, as well.