Tennis Forum banner

Aga Radwańska on the Russian players

4K views 62 replies 35 participants last post by  sunsfuns 
#1 ·
http://argwus.blogspot.com/2008/12/all-these-russians.html

"Some Russians are specific. Sharapova is inaccessible. She's always keeping herself out of the way. She's friends with noone. Chakvetadze is very similar. Kuznetsova, on the other hand, is great! She's funny and always the life and soul of the party. Dementieva is also very likeable. She's like a normal girl from the neighbourhood"
- Agnieszka Radwańska sharing her opinions on the dominant Russians on the WTA Tour.

#6 ·
http://argwus.blogspot.com/2008/12/all-these-russians.html

"Some Russians are specific. Sharapova is inaccessible. She's always keeping herself out of the way. She's friends with noone. Chakvetadze is very similar. Kuznetsova, on the other hand, is great! She's funny and always the life and soul of the party. Dementieva is also very likeable. She's like a normal girl from the neighbourhood"
- Agnieszka Radwańska sharing her opinions on the dominant Russians on the WTA Tour.
but why were/are the williams reviled for this?

#11 ·
OTOH 50% of top12 has RUS next to their names.
Anyway, she's just about right for me. At least I had similar similar feelings about at least Lena & Sveta based on personal experience. :p And she didn't exactly say her opinion on Russian players in general, but on 4 different players. Nothing wrong with that. :shrug:

#16 ·
I want to move to the neighborhood where Lena D. is just one of the "normal girls." ;) :drool:

#27 ·
Haha, shes making me like her more and more with these interviews! :drool:

#28 ·
Certainly not surprised. I've heard from multiple coaches that have coached/trained/played with Maria that she is a complete diva-bitch.

Anna C. just SUCKS :lol: :rolls: :lol:

#52 ·
Certainly not surprised. I've heard from multiple coaches that have coached/trained/played with Maria that she is a complete diva-bitch.
:bs:
Who exactly are these "multiple coaches" who've said Maria is a complete diva-bitch and what exactly did they say?
Maria has her own friends outside of tennis and at least she doesn't go around dissing other players. Although apparently to some bad-mouthing your fellow athletes is a desirable trait.:rolleyes:

#37 ·
Indeed :lol:
But we like to produce as many nicknames and short-forms of names as we possibly can :devil:

It's a shame, that the form Isia ain't that popular on the forum yet.

#44 ·
You can easily find it on a tennis map. It's in the top ten right now. I needed real good glasses to find The (not so) Great Britain in there... :devil:

#46 ·
It's not the point if Britain has crap tennis players, we have the best tennis tournament in the world. Remember plenty of people who spend forever slagging it off seem to find themselves here, it must have some good points.(No including the benefits system.)

I loved how I read a press release from the government department where I work saying there were 250,000 Poles in the UK on the same day that the BBC reported that there over 1 million Poles in the UK when some of the election candidates came over to campaign for their absent votes. No clue.

#48 ·
I loved how I read a press release from the government department where I work saying there were 250,000 Poles in the UK on the same day that the BBC reported that there over 1 million Poles in the UK when some of the election candidates came over to campaign for their absent votes. No clue.
Even 1 mln is a lowered number IMO. But anyway with English currency not doing that great (or at least considerably worse than euro), many of them are either coming back... or moving to Ireland. :tape:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.