Ajde Ana!

or

Ana is Love

#3 ·
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

ajde anna.

#4 ·

Cp6uja, you seem very desperate. The name of the forum will not be changed until the majority of the forum agrees on it AND finds a better forum-name. The result in the last poll shows that the latter is not yet found, and I doubt creating a "new poll" with exactly the same choices will change anything in that matter. We stay under this username for the time being regardless if you and GM like it or not.

And please don't post any stats in your reply (if there will be any), otherwise I'll ban you. [/jk]

#6 ·

Cp6uja, you seem very desperate. The name of the forum will not be changed until the majority of the forum agrees on it AND finds a better forum-name. The result in the last poll shows that the latter is not yet found, and I doubt creating a "new poll" with exactly the same choices will change anything in that matter. We stay under this username for the time being regardless if you and GM like it or not.

And please don't post any stats in your reply (if there will be any), otherwise I'll ban you. [/jk]
If this is "official statement" of forums administration so winner of this poll will not be automatically promoted like Ana's subforum new name... OK... instead that, winner of this poll (Ajde Ana! or Ana is Love) will be included already next week in superfinal poll vs current forum name Beauty and her Beasts. According how strong is opposition against current name i'm pretty sure that winner of this poll will easy win...

Tied result of previous poll with this two options simple means that both have similar support here, and number of voters (about 50 which is close with number of members which often visiting this Ana subforum) is proof that both have big support (atleast way bigger than current name).

Beauty and her Beasts is simple outdated already in 2007 when Ana become an elite WTA player and her name "Ana" become global recognized "brand". We need some new name which include that "Ana" part, and maybe Ajde Ana! or Ana is Love is not perfect, but both is much better and effective than current for sure.

Beauty and her Beasts won that poll like worse WTAWorld players forum name ever, but Ana forum name is not only one which is outdated here. For example when Maria Sharapova got own forum here she is recognized like talented and LOUD 16yo girl born in SIBERIA (so Siberian Siren seems really OK name for her forum in that time), but just several months later after 2004 Wimbledon wins she become global superstar, but she still dont change her forum name with some new which include "Maria" or "Sharapova" parts (global recognized in modern tennis). Or for example Justine Henin case, which after divorce have career best season in 2007 but here still (even today) have that HH part in forums name (where 2nd "H" means Hardenne)... etc... So this is great opportunity for us, Ana fans, to show some spirit and action, and make corrections when things become bad (unlike others :rolleyes:).

#8 ·

Seriously, quit trying to be our dictator. This game is getting old. I don't see how you are going single handedly get a name change to this forum when plenty people are against it, :shrug:
It won't happen.

JUST DON'T VOTE PEOPLE!!!

#11 ·

There wont be a change with so many against it. So time to move on.
Actually,Nikkiri,I liked your idea best:smooch: even though my original affinity was for 'Ajde Ana'...as I said,it would sound dorky with anyone else but Ana...nothing against the lovely Miss Radwanska,but "Agnieszka Is Love":eek: just doesn't resonate....However,there appears to be a civil war fomenting over the name change idea,so it may never come to pass....One final suggestion:Would anyone consider sending these choices to Ana herSELF to see if she offers any preference?There's no guarantee that she'd reply but she MIGHT be more willing to answer if she were told that she could quash an argument amongst her fans by doing so...just a thought.......:cool:

#19 ·

I liked that name IF we were gonna change it but really I don't think it needs to be changed. :shrug:
We will never change "Beauty and her Beasts" current name if we not find other option which have bigger support here... that is for sure - and after more than two years first challenge we will have next week between winner of this tie-break and "Beauty and her Beasts". If you want to see for example "Ana is Love" (instead "Ajde Ana!") in that final only way to help that scenario is to vote in next 3 days in this poll. Please notice that this tie-break (dirty :p) "Boycott Campaign" (where you are also involved) so far obviously much more reflect on "Ana is Love" supporters than "Ajde Ana!". Before Dexters post poll stareted 2-0 for "Ana is Love" and current result is 3-7! I understand why members which still more like "Beauty and her Beasts" try with aggressive campaign prevent Ana's forum name recall (they knows that in eventual "match" old name dont have any chances against some regular opponent with "Ana" part like this two), but i dont understand you which more like one of this two new options than current name... So if you dont want to help your favorite option ("Ana is Love" in your case), please dont obstruct.

BTW if we not change this "beasts" name now, we will probably not change this name ever... notice that Sharapova forum still have outdated 2003 "Siberian Siren" name despite since she become an elite WTA player already in 2004 several other names which way more better suits with her new WTA status (like "Golden Girl", "Queen Masha", "Siberian Tigress"... or many variations which include "Maria" or "Sharapova" part) more than 4 years have for sure much bigger support in her fan basis.

#20 ·

there is no point in changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have started all the polls, but who had appointed you to lead the "name change comission" is still a mystery. perhaps we should have a poll on that first :p

come to think of it, the "name change comission" actually has only 1 member :scratch:

your arguments make no sense at all. why don't you go and start a campaign in sharpie's forum since she obviously also needs your help?

if we are going to change a name there certainly should be a meaningful discussion before it happens. one person can bring a proposal, another person could propose an improvement of that proposal, for example. people should be able to tell as objectively as possible why a name would be meaningful or not. you can't just rush through the selection process, that's no good.

for this reason all these polls are meaningless.

#22 ·

there is no point in changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have started all the polls, but who had appointed you to lead the "name change comission" is still a mystery. perhaps we should have a poll on that first :p
there is no point in NOT changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have IGNORE all the polls results, but who had appointed you (or dony1212 or Dexter) to prevent and obstruct name change of this forum against will of clean majority Ana fans basis?

come to think of it, the "name change comission" actually has only 1 member :scratch:
What you try to prove - that i hacked poll results, deleted or change posts and messages about forum name suggestions, complains and support? Or what? iopen all this polls (except that at GM) but i have only one vote like any other member of this forum.

your arguments make no sense at all. why don't you go and start a campaign in sharpie's forum since she obviously also needs your help?
I'm fan of Ana Ivanovic, not Maria Sharapova, so i dont care really b/c her "Siberian Siren" forum name (from 2003 when she is 16yo) is also outdated and not suits anymore with her current WTA status like in Ana Ivanovic / Beauty and her Beasts case. Maybe her fans already try to retrive that, but local azdaja's prevent any change despite will of majority Sharapova fans :p

if we are going to change a name there certainly should be a meaningful discussion before it happens. one person can bring a proposal, another person could propose an improvement of that proposal, for example. people should be able to tell as objectively as possible why a name would be meaningful or not. you can't just rush through the selection process, that's no good.
Like you know referendum about "Beauty and her Beasts" to stay or not we have in august and big majority of voters vote for change (and support to stay is just pathetic). Than in november (two weeks, between Nov 17-30) we have nomination discussion thread where anybody have right to give own suggestion or opinion about any nomination, and during discussions this two options (Ajde Ana! and Ana is Love) have biggest support at end.

for this reason all these polls are meaningless.
Only if next week superfinal-poll "Beauty and her Beasts" beat winner of this poll (Ajde Ana! or Ana is Love).

#27 ·

TB voting: Two days left!

Current Result:
Code:
[B][U]FINAL           Score   TB[/U]
Ajde Ana!        20    10
Ana is Love      20     6[/B]

[B]Time Deadline:[/B] Dec 20

#28 ·

About 7 hours before TB time-deadline "Ajde Ana!" lead +4...

#40 ·
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting (CLOSED, "Ajde Ana!" won)

Am I mistaken or did Dexter say the name of the Forum WILL NOT be changed:scratch:
That is reason why we will have another (superfinal) poll between Current name and "Ajde Ana!" option which win nomination process.

This is forum of Ana Ivanovic, not Dexter's forum, so if "Ajde Ana!" reach more votes in superfinal poll, i dont see anybody to prevent this change against will of majority Ana's TennisForum fans and supporters (actually visitors of her forum).

And BTW for all who thinking that "when we find some much better solution..." etc... we will easy change forum's name... i must notice that it's not easy to organize name change (trust me) and i'm not surprised that this will be probably for very first time at WTAW/TF that some players forums name is changing... and also only two terms per year is available for action like this (which needs couple polls) - november-decembers off-season or summer pause between Wimbledon and start of US Open HC series. So only valid reason to not vote at upcoming superfinal poll is if both option have totally same value for you... even if you dont like both - vote for option which you less dont like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.