Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
Suicide Elkridge 2011
New event in 2011
1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Serena Williams or Venus Williams in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Ana Ivanovic. Has-beens are not hot.
3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identitified like this:
BACK-UP PICK - MARIA KIRILENKO
If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. The seeds will be based on the last rankings.
6. To sign up
, please type the word "In". Variations are more than acceptable. Your sign up will be confirmed
when you post your picks on the first day of main draw play, and so it is not necessarily a "must" to sign in.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week.
If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED!
9. In case of changed order of play (because of e.g. rain, nuclear war, the Apocalypse, sudden audits)
a) You may not change a pick in a match that is rescheduled for another day, even if play has not started. The pick is valid until the match is played or the player withdraws. You are allowed to make further picks as long as your pick is valid.
b) You may only pick a match on the day it is originally scheduled.
c) Should a day's play consist only of matches rescheduled from another day, there will be no suicide day and all players qualify for the next day's play (assuming their previous picks are valid)
Ranking Points for Suicide Budapest (INTERNATIONAL)
DAY 1: 1
DAY 2: 15
DAY 3: 30
DAY 4: 50
DAY 5: 70
DAY 6: 130
DAY 7: 200 (No Pick)
DAY 7: 232 (Invalid)
DAY 7: 280 (Winner)
Time in Budapest Use this
Tournament site here
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this
** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/TENNIS FORUM IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Your manager, Tom