Would these hi-tops be suitable to play in? - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
toxina90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,286
                     
Would these hi-tops be suitable to play in?

Some shoes like this http://www.sell-christian-louboutin....36--40--46.jpg for example.

Just I am trying to get some new shoes to play in and tried some on, thinking they were comfortable and I felt alot of support for my ankles. I just fear if I buy them they might affect my movement badly, as sliding and quick stepping is a big part of my game. Do you think hi-tops would be flexible to play in?

Jankovic~Hantuchova~Vakulenko~Zheng~Bammer~Goerges ~Cetkovska~Safarova~Lisicki

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Serena's #1 Hater
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 19,717
                     
Re: Would these hi-tops be suitable to play in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxina90 View Post
Some shoes like this http://www.sell-christian-louboutin....36--40--46.jpg for example.

Just I am trying to get some new shoes to play in and tried some on, thinking they were comfortable and I felt alot of support for my ankles. I just fear if I buy them they might affect my movement badly, as sliding and quick stepping is a big part of my game. Do you think hi-tops would be flexible to play in?
Those old-school basketball shoes are great for ankle support, but they are also H-E-A-V-Y. You'd be better off buying high-tops that are made specifically for tennis, like these:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prin...NCE-V2MBK.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/KSwi...ISS-KSUAM.html

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Ballbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 39,169
                     
Re: Would these hi-tops be suitable to play in?

I "peaked" in equal shoes. I was injury prone, when I was younger, especially my ankles were often injured. When I wore them, I only had some wrist troubles, but could play two full summers.

Rest in Peace Bally!
Ballbasher is offline  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
toxina90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,286
                     
Re: Would these hi-tops be suitable to play in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Those old-school basketball shoes are great for ankle support, but they are also H-E-A-V-Y. You'd be better off buying high-tops that are made specifically for tennis, like these:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prin...NCE-V2MBK.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/KSwi...ISS-KSUAM.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbasher View Post
I "peaked" in equal shoes. I was injury prone, when I was younger, especially my ankles were often injured. When I wore them, I only had some wrist troubles, but could play two full summers.
Thanks for your insight guys! I'll let you know if they suit me!

Jankovic~Hantuchova~Vakulenko~Zheng~Bammer~Goerges ~Cetkovska~Safarova~Lisicki

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome