What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 573 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
MarkNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13,366
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexxx View Post
Pro Open or Pro Tour? I played with the Pro Tour 2 times (my friend has it) and it feels really good, especially when serving
I think it's the Pro Lite actually. So a lightweight version. It has great feel. Only small downside is that you have to create power by yourself instead of letting the racket do it for you. But that's not an issue for me

Play my new Sporcle Quiz!
Junior Girls Top 100 21.12.15:http://www.sporcle.com/games/MarkNL/...-girls-top-100
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Date-Krumm - Hibino - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - De Vroome - Kerkhove - Burger - Doi - Larsson - Lertcheewakarn - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #227 of 573 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2011, 09:05 AM
You are not likeable,but I like you
 
Vefci Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,544
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

I used Prince EXO3 RED



Sharah Peer ex-racquet


Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~Cepede Royg~
A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline  
post #228 of 573 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 34
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Have anyone played with Babolat Pure Storm Team? any thoughts? Thanks
joanyjo is offline  
post #229 of 573 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Spring Pools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,059
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Any opinions on the Yonex RDIS 100 midplus? The specs look like something I would do well with. Any alternatives to it if you guys don't like it?

Zarina
"I'm really her idol" - Jelena Jankovic
Spring Pools is offline  
post #230 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Anna F'd Enrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 15,375
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Babolat Pure Drive 135th Anniversary Edition

w/ Dunlop Black Widow 17 at 54 tension for mains
and Dunlop DNA 17 at 52 tension for crosses

This set up is awesome.
Anna F'd Enrique is offline  
post #231 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2011, 09:06 AM
5 Grand Slams
 
Mashabator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,265
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
How do you find it? I finally got to play test it tonight after a busy few weeks. It's the most unforgiving racket I have ever used . It feels very stiff and deceptively light. The racket has very little feel and very little feedback. It literally forces you to destroy every ball and I found it difficult to reign in the power and was hitting a lot of balls long. However, when it was on it was ON It was creating a very loud gorgeous popping sound when struck clean and added to the effect of winners . As mentioned by many reviewers I can also feel tension in my elbow and shoulder now after using it...I really like it and do not regret purchasing it. I think with a little more practice it could become a great weapon!
Sorry such a late reply!
I love the racquet ever since i picked it up. I do sometimes fly the odd ball wide or long with it but i love its power and spin and i can maintain pretty good control. I saw alot of people said they could feel it in their elbow and shoulder but this hasnt happened to me yet




Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline  
post #232 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
 
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

How much better would you say your racket makes you? Do you feel that you could lose to someone simply because you have a worse racket than them or is it more psychological? I'm very curious about the technology vs. technique aspect of tennis.
Mr. Monfils is offline  
post #233 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Spring Pools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,059
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monfils View Post
How much better would you say your racket makes you? Do you feel that you could lose to someone simply because you have a worse racket than them or is it more psychological? I'm very curious about the technology vs. technique aspect of tennis.
Obviously technique matters more than technology. However, having the wrong racquet can really hurt your game. For example, if you are a beginner and you are using a player's racquet, you will be hindered because players racquets aren't very forgiving and require you to have a full swing. At the same time, a very advanced powerful player using a beginner racquet will be hindered because they might have to adjust their swing in order to keep their balls in. Otherwise they will have a very very low margin of error.

Zarina
"I'm really her idol" - Jelena Jankovic
Spring Pools is offline  
post #234 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
cowsonice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,928
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monfils View Post
How much better would you say your racket makes you? Do you feel that you could lose to someone simply because you have a worse racket than them or is it more psychological? I'm very curious about the technology vs. technique aspect of tennis.
I sometimes do think that way, knowing that I frame/shank shots because I downsized to a Midsize Plus. I also think it's more psychological. You have less confidence in your shots. Sometimes, your technique deteriorates because you compensate for a poor racket.

It's always amazing to pick up a racket and realize that it's perfect for your game.


Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline  
post #235 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
 
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Well I'm sort of a beginner, just started playing regularly about a year ago and am wondering what would work for me. I like hitting big serves and a lot of my game is focused on my athletic ability, i.e. chasing down returns and hitting them back on the run a lot. I try to fit in some volley play as well. Any suggestions?
Mr. Monfils is offline  
post #236 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Spring Pools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,059
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monfils View Post
Well I'm sort of a beginner, just started playing regularly about a year ago and am wondering what would work for me. I like hitting big serves and a lot of my game is focused on my athletic ability, i.e. chasing down returns and hitting them back on the run a lot. I try to fit in some volley play as well. Any suggestions?
Do you know what level player you are? Do you use a lot of topspin? Do you have any injuries/body problems? Do you have long fluid strokes or short compact strokes?

Zarina
"I'm really her idol" - Jelena Jankovic
Spring Pools is offline  
post #237 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
 
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

No body problems, short strokes when I'm running around but big hits when I have some time. Top spin is a must in tennis, cmon!
Mr. Monfils is offline  
post #238 of 573 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Spring Pools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,059
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monfils View Post
No body problems, short strokes when I'm running around but big hits when I have some time. Top spin is a must in tennis, cmon!
What racquet do you currently use? Is there anything in particular that you want different?

Zarina
"I'm really her idol" - Jelena Jankovic
Spring Pools is offline  
post #239 of 573 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Writer of Stuff
 
Sum_Of_All_Fears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,741
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Think I'm going to demo a few racquets for a potential buy over Xmas. Has anybody tried or can anybody recommend or comment on the following:

Babolat Aeropro Drive GT
Prince EXO3 White
Prince EXO3 Black

Currently playing with a Prince O3 Speedport White, which I love, but I kinda wanted to see what I've been missing. From the reviews I've read, I've heard that the Babolat is a stiff racquet that seems to lead to arm/wrist/shoulder injuries, which I don't like, having had arthroscopic shoulder surgery a few years ago, and being a hard, flat hitter. Any playing experiences?

Heidi El Tabakh Allie Kiick* Monica Puig * Laura Robson *


The Tripled Fault tennis blog: https://thetripledfault.wordpress.com/
Iheartmasha09 WTA/USTA Pro Circuit tennis videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4...view_as=public
The.Triple.Fault WTA/USTA Pro Circuit tennis videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChI...view_as=public
Sum_Of_All_Fears is online now  
post #240 of 573 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2011, 01:51 AM
5 Grand Slams
 
Mashabator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,265
                     
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

^ used ex o3 white, similar to o3 white but u get a lot more easy power and control, i loved it. I just changed to head because prince racquet break to easy! id weakly hit it on the ground (yes im an angry player) and the frame would crack.




Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome