Your tennis results?! - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
 6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1441 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Trainwreck
 
Lord Choc Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 52,478
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

Scrap that. Club tennis for me is starting on Saturday. I'm not sure why it's been brought forward so fast, but not complaining. I'm so excited .

I'm feelin' they jealous, like I'm Monica Seles.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,750
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

My tennis season starts today.. And after 14 years of playing I still get nervous. I haven't won a singles match in almost 2 years, and I really want to end that losing streak today!!

TT S: 86 (High:55) 2016: (4-2),Career: (212-232), Titles: 2, 2014: s-Hertogenbosch (WTA), 2015: Albuquerque (ITF).
Grand Slams: AUS: 4th (2nd), RG: - (3rd),WIM: - (1st) US: - (1st)

TT D: 135 (High:18) 2016: (1-3),Career: (220-232). Titles: 6 ITF Titles
Versmold 2012, Poitiers 2012, 2014, Dothan 2013, 2015, St. Petersburg 2014.
Grand Slams: AUS: 1st (2nd), RG: - (1st), WIM: - (1st), US: - (1st)
hessie is offline  
post #1443 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Sammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Self-made gilded cage
Posts: 32,291
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

Lost 6-3 6-2 6-1 versus my friend. I lost it again

MIRJANA LUCIC-BARONI ☢ | SAM STOSUR ☯ | MARTINA HINGIS ♚ | DANIELA HANTUCHOVA ✯ | MADISON KEYS ☢ | OLGA PUCHKOVA ❤

Don’t squander the gold of your days listening to the tedious, trying to improve the hopeless failure, or giving away your life to the ignorant and the vulgar. These are the sickly aims, the false ideals of our age.

Did you just compare me to Wozniacki? - Legend
Sammo is online now  
post #1444 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Trainwreck
 
Lord Choc Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 52,478
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

6-4 0-6 (2-10). It was our third meeting and the first time I won a set so I guess that's improvement (I think first meeting I won 2 games , second meeting 7 games). It was such an awful match from both of us though and not that fun to play . It was windy, we were both serving badly. Hot mess. Also 7-9 in doubles. So overall it wasn't a bad start but I wish I won .

It was frustrating that I couldn't serve as I had in practice. All of my serves that had a bit of pop went way long. I don't think I managed to put one powerful serve in . Oh well, back to practicing. Also, after set 1 I didn't get tired but I just fell apart. That sucked.

Best moment for me, I was down 1-9 in the TB and I smacked a CC forehand return winner (you know, one of those "I'm so over this shit" kinda shots). I saved my best winner by far for when I was down MPs which was pretty cool .

I'm taking the set win as a sign I'm improving, and it was my first match since April so not going to be too hard on myself. Better luck next Saturday .

I'm feelin' they jealous, like I'm Monica Seles.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline  
post #1445 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2013, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
crescentmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,338
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
6-4 0-6 (2-10). It was our third meeting and the first time I won a set so I guess that's improvement (I think first meeting I won 2 games , second meeting 7 games). It was such an awful match from both of us though and not that fun to play . It was windy, we were both serving badly. Hot mess. Also 7-9 in doubles. So overall it wasn't a bad start but I wish I won .

It was frustrating that I couldn't serve as I had in practice. All of my serves that had a bit of pop went way long. I don't think I managed to put one powerful serve in . Oh well, back to practicing. Also, after set 1 I didn't get tired but I just fell apart. That sucked.

Best moment for me, I was down 1-9 in the TB and I smacked a CC forehand return winner (you know, one of those "I'm so over this shit" kinda shots). I saved my best winner by far for when I was down MPs which was pretty cool .

I'm taking the set win as a sign I'm improving, and it was my first match since April so not going to be too hard on myself. Better luck next Saturday .
crescentmoon is offline  
post #1446 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
 
Re: Your tennis results?!

Played with my rival last week. Down 2-5 first set then won 13 game consecutively to take a win home.
So sweet!
tennisavid is offline  
post #1447 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Jefe Bibliotecario
 
Smite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,938
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

Went up *3-0.
Lost the next FIVE games. (3-5*)
Broke at love (4*-5)
Got out to a 40-0 lead...lost the next five points.

I almost...



I spent the next day doing serves for two hours straight. Seething the entire time.
Smite is offline  
post #1448 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Ianto_Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,445
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

Well, my club tennis season started yesterday. I won my doubles match and my first singles match with relative ease. (We only play one set, no ad scoring.) I won both those matches 6-2--and didn't really feel like I was playing all that well. I got into my third match of the day.....and lost two points on at 40-40 and found myself down 2-5 15-40. The other guy had three match points, and I somehow started winning. I hit an ace to get back to 30-40 and from there I just started winning points somehow. I was just running everything down and eventually we got to a tiebreaker. In USTA Club tennis--our version anyway...if a tiebreak reaches 4-4 a sudden death point is played. So, not only did I save 5 match points, I won the sudden death point. I don't know where the nerves of steel came from--but that was my first competition in well over two years. SO FANTASTIC.

---The wounds that never heal can only be mourned alone.---
Ianto_Jones is offline  
post #1449 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I fucking love Donna Vekic
 
Spencer.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,591
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto_Jones View Post
Well, my club tennis season started yesterday. I won my doubles match and my first singles match with relative ease. (We only play one set, no ad scoring.) I won both those matches 6-2--and didn't really feel like I was playing all that well. I got into my third match of the day.....and lost two points on at 40-40 and found myself down 2-5 15-40. The other guy had three match points, and I somehow started winning. I hit an ace to get back to 30-40 and from there I just started winning points somehow. I was just running everything down and eventually we got to a tiebreaker. In USTA Club tennis--our version anyway...if a tiebreak reaches 4-4 a sudden death point is played. So, not only did I save 5 match points, I won the sudden death point. I don't know where the nerves of steel came from--but that was my first competition in well over two years. SO FANTASTIC.


I've signed up for USTA and Bo one contacts me back for clubs or leagues It's really annoying and such a waste of $.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Jankovic at her dramatic best will lead, throw the lead away, spot you a massive lead in the third set, decide to come back with some blazing retrieving and backhands, almost comeback, and then hand you the win, possibly with back to back double faults or netted forehands. You have no agency in this match. You might start to wonder if you have free will. Perhaps solipsism is true after all - is it Jankovic's world and you're simply allowed to live exist in it? It's basically existential waterboarding.
Spencer. is online now  
post #1450 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Senior Member
 
uchickenvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 148
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

played against number 1 in our ladder and won in 3 sets 6-1 2-6 6-4. I went to top.
our match result and comment is posted here:

www.opentennisworld.com/matches/403
uchickenvn is offline  
post #1451 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 29,941
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

Finally some more ITF

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is offline  
post #1452 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I fucking love Donna Vekic
 
Spencer.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,591
                     
Played a friend. Lost 26 26 57. Had 5-3 on serve 30-15 in that 3rd set

Hadn't played in months. Took me 2 sets to warm up But it was all good in the end.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Jankovic at her dramatic best will lead, throw the lead away, spot you a massive lead in the third set, decide to come back with some blazing retrieving and backhands, almost comeback, and then hand you the win, possibly with back to back double faults or netted forehands. You have no agency in this match. You might start to wonder if you have free will. Perhaps solipsism is true after all - is it Jankovic's world and you're simply allowed to live exist in it? It's basically existential waterboarding.
Spencer. is online now  
post #1453 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
uchickenvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 148
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
Played a friend. Lost 26 26 57. Had 5-3 on serve 30-15 in that 3rd set

Hadn't played in months. Took me 2 sets to warm up But it was all good in the end.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Wow, it took 2 sets to warm up. You should play best of 7 next time.
uchickenvn is offline  
post #1454 of 2311 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I fucking love Donna Vekic
 
Spencer.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,591
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchickenvn View Post
Wow, it took 2 sets to warm up. You should play best of 7 next time.
Joked with my friend that if I ever played a real match, instead of a 5 minute warm up I need a practice set warm up so I can be warmed up enough

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Jankovic at her dramatic best will lead, throw the lead away, spot you a massive lead in the third set, decide to come back with some blazing retrieving and backhands, almost comeback, and then hand you the win, possibly with back to back double faults or netted forehands. You have no agency in this match. You might start to wonder if you have free will. Perhaps solipsism is true after all - is it Jankovic's world and you're simply allowed to live exist in it? It's basically existential waterboarding.
Spencer. is online now  
post #1455 of 2311 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
 
uchickenvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 148
                     
Re: Your tennis results?!

I played a match with my friend last Tuesday. We practice together several times but never play a set. He usually keep me running and can kill me with his powerful forehand most of the time. Surprisingly, he didn't play that well in the match and I won: 6-2 6-4

http://www.opentennisworld.com/matches/140

Feel so happy ^^
uchickenvn is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome