Hopman Cup 2015 - suggestions?
Is it just me or who wants to have a guess at who will go to Perth 2015?
My impression is that each other 2-3 stars of the last year or rising stars are asked to come, just to present Perth with the "future" of tennis just like Dimitrow and Bouchard were asked in recent years
So who is asked THIS TIME?
1) Australia - set, as host: My guess is Kyrgios as he was the hit in Wimbledon, teamed with Dellacqua (Stosur was dissster each year)
2) USA - set, as each time there, again with Isner, as he was asked often in last 5 year, teamed with either Venus or Keys I think
Serena will go to Brisbane the week after and after Stephens´ slump mayber Townsend or Keys are the ones they will ask to come
I think France will decline as Tsonga finally won it and won´t come. Maybe Cornet with Gasquet, but I doubt it
3) Japan - I think they will ask Nishikori as he is a hit this year, and maybe team him with Date in a farewell year?!
4) Canada - I think Bouchard and Roanic will be paid lots of money to return as they didn´t live up to their promise 2014
5) Either Spain or Italy will be re-invited as they draw crowds down under. My tip goes to both nations and with Pennetta & Muguruza
I am not sure about Poland as it was a desaster in recent years with Denmark or Poland and just 1 big name+a nobody
If Haas would be fit, maybe him or Petkovic/Lisicki would return, but I do not see a German apart from Haas, maybe Dustin Brown, to play this event. Brown teaming Petkovic or Lisicki would be awesome
Any other suggestions?