Patty a top-10 player again after 6 years!! - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,619
                     
Patty a top-10 player again after 6 years!!

Congrats to the Swiss girl! Hopefully she can carry this form into Roland Garros...

BTW, I'm surprised the Schnyder-section on this board is so empty?

Time for some Patty-bandwagoning!

Good luck to Patty in the final tomorrow against Amélie!
manu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Senior Member
 
sebbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,047
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by manu
Congrats to the Swiss girl! Hopefully she can carry this form into Roland Garros...

BTW, I'm surprised the Schnyder-section on this board is so empty?

Time for some Patty-bandwagoning!

Good luck to Patty in the final tomorrow against Amélie!

She was increadible today...what a match.

MARY PIERCE
sebbe is offline  
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Always and forever.
 
LefandePatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,303
                     
Patty
LefandePatty is offline  
 
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 132
 
In response to manu's point about the emptiness of this part of the board.

I first saw Schnyder play in 2001 and immediately realised what a phenomenally talented player she was/is. I was intrigued why her results and ranking were not better,so began following Patty's career more closely, partially through this board.

I became aware of her rather bizarre and sad offcourt trials and tribulations that have been addressed ad nauseum here. I also witnessed her blatantly tank/give up in matches at Wimbledon. Last years effort(?) against Gagliardi was particularly unprofessional.

So I suspect that like myself the other long time schnyder fans are simply jaded.
I'm glad that her results this year are improved and wish her well but have no delusions about her long term consistency.
roscoe111 is offline  
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Jenny.C.Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Uk
Posts: 4,320
                     
Very proud of patty at this tournament, she's shown what she really is capable of and hopefully she can carry her great form on. Well done patty back in the top ten you deserve it. She's far too talented to be outside the top ten, good seeding for RG hopefully a good draw and who knows maybe a major will be heading her way. Well done patty


Miss you JENNY and GUGA
GO Amelie,Sveta,Patty,Ana
Go A-rod,Marat, Rafa,Robby,Andy,Taylor, Juan Carlos,Nole


Liverpool FC Xabi EL Nino

Blog Here
Jenny.C.Fan is offline  
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 11,064
                     
for me there were 2 reasons i stopped posting in here: 1) Jolly Roger making it impossible to say anything without getting in an argument 2) Rothes turning out to be a weirdo who lied about everything.
switz is offline  
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Greenout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Abroad with a passport
Posts: 16,036
                     
It's refreshing to see her name back up there. The 2004 season
really showed how much all court players are needed. I think
everyone can agree that tennis viewing has improved 100% this
year. The matches aren't about UE's, but cool flashy shot making.


Co-Founder of JUSTINE Philistines' Society
Paul Weller & Morrissey + Tennis - Singing = Justine!

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline  
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe111
I became aware of her rather bizarre and sad offcourt trials and tribulations that have been addressed ad nauseum here. I also witnessed her blatantly tank/give up in matches at Wimbledon. Last years effort(?) against Gagliardi was particularly unprofessional.

So I suspect that like myself the other long time schnyder fans are simply jaded.
I'm glad that her results this year are improved and wish her well but have no delusions about her long term consistency.

Getting back to the Top 10 after six years on the outs is a great achievement any way you slice it. But i think jaded is a good word to describe many of the long-term Patty fans. Of course i'm glad to see Patty having this success and also gaining some new fans who don't know or care much about the long history of it all. But she definitely had a certain kind of intangible charm earlier in her career that has worn off. She has become, in my opinion, somewhat of a poser - that is, much more like the rest of the tennis world, and the world in general. Oh well.
vogus is offline  
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,235
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz
for me there were 2 reasons i stopped posting in here: 1) Jolly Roger making it impossible to say anything without getting in an argument 2) Rothes turning out to be a weirdo who lied about everything.
Hi, Alex. You folks invoked JR so much that I decided to come back and say "Hi". But for the record, I stopped Peppering Patty in this forum after Sonja asked me to last year. (I don't think I even Razzed Rainer in here after that, either).

Whatever Rothes did, I had no control ova, and am glad you belatedly accepted that s/he wasn't me after the weird PM's revealed that poster 2B a troll. I'm sure we'll have some nice exchanges of vews in GM, though. And Vogus, nice 2C you're such a Rainer fan now!
*JR* is offline  
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2005, 05:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Roger
Hi, Alex. You folks invoked JR so much that I decided to come back and say "Hi". But for the record, I stopped Peppering Patty in this forum after Sonja asked me to last year. (I don't think I even Razzed Rainer in here after that, either).

Whatever Rothes did, I had no control ova, and am glad you belatedly accepted that s/he wasn't me after the weird PM's revealed that poster 2B a troll. I'm sure we'll have some nice exchanges of vews in GM, though. And Vogus, nice 2C you're such a Rainer fan now!

har har har, very funny JR. Welcome back. As long as Hoffy isn't pulling any dirty/sneaky/illegal tricks (and who would ever suspect him of that - certainly not me or you), we all have to admit that he has turned out to be a pretty darn good tennis coach.

Don't tell me you have been lurking around here all this time. How's Iris, have you talked to her lately?
vogus is offline  
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2005, 05:19 AM
Always and forever.
 
LefandePatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,303
                     
Is JollyRoger back ?!!
LefandePatty is offline  
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2005, 12:01 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,235
                     
Oui, French Fan, except that JR wasn't always so "jolly" was he? And hi Vogus, but I err, Can't Comment on Rainer's non-tennis activities here on Peppermint Place without violating what I agreed to with Sonja last year.

Re. coaching, I know he's listed as such, but have no idea how much he does. (Though he might do computer analysis of other Players' Proclivities, which could be of value unless its someone Patty Plays a fair amount).

Incidentally, Nat's "dorky nickname" you referred after Oz was le Placid Parisian, though I have no idea if she ever lived in the City of Light. (It was based on her "beat me or beat yourself" playing style, which she's fallen back into).

Iris is OK, though she was "somewhat disappointed" in your little Ode to Rainer. For a fleeting moment after that, she wondered if you might even BE Rainer but I assured her otherwise, and told her about our old Pal Pat 2003.

But I'm not so sure about Switz!
*JR* is offline  
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Greenout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Abroad with a passport
Posts: 16,036
                     
I knew something special (cough, cough) was in the air when
Patty was actually named as a contender on CNN World Sport
today in the RG 2005 preview.

Patty, CNN World Sport and Jolly Roger in the same day.
What are the chances of this ever to happen again?

Co-Founder of JUSTINE Philistines' Society
Paul Weller & Morrissey + Tennis - Singing = Justine!

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline  
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2005, 01:06 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,235
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenout
I knew something special (cough, cough) was in the air when Patty was actually named as a contender on CNN World Sport today in the RG 2005 preview.

Patty, CNN World Sport and Jolly Roger in the same day.
What are the chances of this ever to happen again?
Hey Greeny, how's your BOSS? And in terms of the trifecta you mentioned, I guess it depends on how Patty Plays.
*JR* is offline  
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2005, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Roger
But I'm not so sure about Switz!

he's a sneaky one, isn't he? He plays dumb with the best of them. I've had my suspicions that he is Hoffy's chief propaganda operative. I don't trust anybody around here.
vogus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome