Open De Gaz - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Helvética
Posts: 3,888
                     
Open De Gaz

Well I geuss the punts were right, telling us that Patty can win great then loose horribly, based on the Result!!

Though If I have it right, Patty gains 24 points, (Thank the Lord for Byes) As she lost to Tina Pisnik in the first round last year!!

She is still going strong in doubles! Going into the SF with Barbera Schett!! Congrats! Hopegully theyc an repeat their Winning preformance here last year!!!
Rothes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,249
                     
It's not that she CAN lose; its that vs. the Power Players she WILL lose (unless the opponent's game is "off" that day). You don't Think The "book" on how to Play Patty is shared among those players (and their coaches)?
*JR* is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Helvética
Posts: 3,888
                     
Thats absolutley rubbish JR, I geuss Lindsay Davenport at Zurich was a fluke, and so was Serena at Charleston, as well as Capriati ? Don't use the excuse either saying the game has changed because comparing those players, it hasn't.

Funny, Talaja defeated her, is she a powerplayer? When Patty looses against Talaja and the sort of players like that, who she can easily defeat, what is the excuse then??

I understand that a loss is respectivly out of being outplayed, But Patty was not outplayed that day, it was her and her game which lost it forherself, I saw the match and from what people here say, Dinara didn't frequently hit at Patty's Backhand, Only when Patty was ofbalance, It was her game that spoiled the capatalization on the First Set.
Rothes is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Helvética
Posts: 3,888
                     
which "Herbert" or whoever should of told Dinara to do.
Rothes is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,249
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothes
which "Herbert" or whoever should of told Dinara to do.
Whatever Hu-Bear did obviously worked, as his ova-emotional protege didn't mentally quit after losing the first set. In fact, just seeing a man she admires but regrets being denied the services Of "On the other side" might have messed with PP's head (as If Its possible to even add To That anymore).
*JR* is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 11,063
                     
good to see everyone is getting along in here. JR you're talking crap. patty is ranked 16 in the world and there are a hell of a lot of power players ranked below her. patty determines the result in 90% of the matches she plays. when patty is playing well it is only a player with a lot of ability at the top of their game who can beat her.
switz is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,249
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz
good to see everyone is getting along in here. JR you're talking crap. patty is ranked 16 in the world and there are a hell of a lot of power players ranked below her. patty determines the result in 90% of the matches she plays. when patty is playing well it is only a player with a lot of ability at the top of their game who can beat her.
I'll stick To Tennis effects of "the situation" not ova-riding ethical stuff. Specifically, Harnecker Had initially Pulled Patty away from Vito Gugolz (her coach in the '98 "breakout season"). But Hofmann didn't Have Him reinstated (only given too short a "Tryout" Though he'd proved his mettle).

Rainer II then hired Eric van Harpen to coach Peppermint Puzzle. He may be a Sexist SOB, but is a very good technical coach (the reason Lansdorp "assigned" him To Tour with Prize Prodigy Sharapova). The Hu-Bear stuff is well-known already here.

The "common denominator" is that Hofmann simply will not let his Purloined Prize develop too much confidence in ANY other person in the world, lest they instill doubts about HIM in Her Head!
*JR* is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
Patty potentially has the game to beat the power players but she hasn't actually gone out and done it very many times. When she beat Capriati at Charleston '02, she was hitting her groundstrokes at a mind-blowing, phenomenal level; when she beat Davenport in the Zurich final, she was hitting the ball not so spectacularly as in Charleston, but the performance was exceptional bcuz she played with so much emotional energy (i've got these matches on video and have watched them several times). Either one of those Patty's would have beaten Clisters in the AO semifinal last month.

JR your above-posted history of Patty's coaches is wildly inaccurate in terms of their order.
vogus is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 11,063
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger
I'll stick To Tennis effects of "the situation" not ova-riding ethical stuff. Specifically, Harnecker Had initially Pulled Patty away from Vito Gugolz (her coach in the '98 "breakout season"). But Hofmann didn't Have Him reinstated (only given too short a "Tryout" Though he'd proved his mettle).

Rainer II then hired Eric van Harpen to coach Peppermint Puzzle. He may be a Sexist SOB, but is a very good technical coach (the reason Lansdorp "assigned" him To Tour with Prize Prodigy Sharapova). The Hu-Bear stuff is well-known already here.

The "common denominator" is that Hofmann simply will not let his Purloined Prize develop too much confidence in ANY other person in the world, lest they instill doubts about HIM in Her Head!
this post shows just how little you actually know. patty was coached by eric van harpen long before harnecker or hofmann ever came on the scene. van harpen was fired when patty "'fell" into harnecker's hands. any genuine fan would know this
switz is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,249
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz
this post shows just how little you actually know. patty was coached by eric van harpen long before harnecker or hofmann ever came on the scene. van harpen was fired when patty "'fell" into harnecker's hands. any genuine fan would know this
OK, I stand corrected on the sequence. (And Admit to not being a fan, genuine Or Otherwise, as I've made quite clear). Meanwhile, your "broadbrush implication" that As A non-fan I don't know the more relevant things (like "451b" etc.) doesn't wash. As I've said, PP and Rainer are Mere Metaphors for the larger issues of amorality in the game.
*JR* is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 11,063
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger
OK, I stand corrected on the sequence. (And Admit to not being a fan, genuine Or Otherwise, as I've made quite clear). Meanwhile, your "broadbrush implication" that As A non-fan I don't know the more relevant things (like "451b" etc.) doesn't wash. As I've said, PP and Rainer are Mere Metaphors for the larger issues of amorality in the game.
reality check: the whole fucking world is amoral in some way or another. get a life
switz is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,249
                     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz
reality check: the whole fucking world is amoral in some way or another. get a life
So I can "lie, cheat, and steal" because others do? (Maybe Rothes should teach you about The Golden Rule, The Sermon on the Mount, etc).
*JR* is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2004, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Helvética
Posts: 3,888
                     
Well we should all now realise that JR is not a fan of Patty, and that is evident if you look in the Proximus Diamonds Archive ---->Mary Peirce and where you will find to some extend that JR has never implied that he ever was a fan of Patty. Gosh JR, let us down
Rothes is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome