Attending Eastbourne.... - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ED fan forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ED Happy Ever After Land
Posts: 829
                     
Attending Eastbourne....

Hi guys!

I was hoping to go to Wimbledon again this year but unfortunately I can't get that week off work
However I was hoping to go to this tournament instead as many top players will be playing here. Also, since Lena has played in Kuala Lumpur, she can't play in the Unicef Open in Holland like she usually did in the past. So I'm almost certain she will prepare for Wimbledon here so thats another reason I want to go
I was just wondering if anyone could give me any information on this tournament? What are ticket prices like? Is it hard to get tickets? Can you just turn up on the day and get tickets or must they be booked in advance?
Thanks in advance!

"And thanks to all the people around the world for supporting me, and my fan club, I could feel your support no matter where I was in the world. Thank you for your devotion. Most importantly, thanks to my family, especially my mom. You've been very supportive, encouraging, inspiring... you were always there for me. It was a long way and we did it together. I love you mom. It's so emotional. It's so hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss you so much"
Elena Dementieva, 29/10/2010
ED fan forever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 13
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

Hi there,
I've been going to this tournament for a number of years and stay there all week. It's a very good event and having the men there last year made little difference to the women's event.
You can turn up and buy tickets on the day up to about Tuesday. After that you will would be better to have tickets in advance.
The price of tickets has gone up by over 20% this year and cost £195 for a weekly ticket. That's about €250.
I have put links below for both the ticket website and also a link to hotels in Eastbourne. You will need to book a room very soon as, although there are loads of hotels in Eastbourne, they fill up very quickly for tennis week.
Anything else you want to know I will try to help but I will be away from home from Wednesday 3rd March until Monday 8th March.

http://www.lta.org.uk/Watch/AEGON-Br...International/

http://www.eastbourne.org/hotels/

These are not all the hotels but they give a good cross reference. You can probably find more by doing a search on Google for Eastbourne Hotels.

Hope this helps you.
sportsman0811 is offline  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,655
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

I think tickets will be available online for the first time this year, so they'll be much easier to get hold of now (before it was a nightmare trying to get through by phone)

Tickets go on general sale towards the end of March.
Mary Cherry. is offline  
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ED fan forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ED Happy Ever After Land
Posts: 829
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsman0811 View Post
Hi there,
I've been going to this tournament for a number of years and stay there all week. It's a very good event and having the men there last year made little difference to the women's event.
You can turn up and buy tickets on the day up to about Tuesday. After that you will would be better to have tickets in advance.
The price of tickets has gone up by over 20% this year and cost £195 for a weekly ticket. That's about €250.
I have put links below for both the ticket website and also a link to hotels in Eastbourne. You will need to book a room very soon as, although there are loads of hotels in Eastbourne, they fill up very quickly for tennis week.
Anything else you want to know I will try to help but I will be away from home from Wednesday 3rd March until Monday 8th March.

http://www.lta.org.uk/Watch/AEGON-Br...International/

http://www.eastbourne.org/hotels/

These are not all the hotels but they give a good cross reference. You can probably find more by doing a search on Google for Eastbourne Hotels.

Hope this helps you.
I had completely for gotten I had written this post, thanks a million for the info.
Unfortunately I couldn't book this week off work either (grumble...) so I'll have to watch the tournament on TV again as usual

"And thanks to all the people around the world for supporting me, and my fan club, I could feel your support no matter where I was in the world. Thank you for your devotion. Most importantly, thanks to my family, especially my mom. You've been very supportive, encouraging, inspiring... you were always there for me. It was a long way and we did it together. I love you mom. It's so emotional. It's so hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss you so much"
Elena Dementieva, 29/10/2010
ED fan forever is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
jimbo mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,772
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

i brought my tickets over the phone in april but haven't received them in the post yet. should i be worried??
jimbo mack is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Senior Member
 
karenwalker2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 429
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

i recieved mine and i ordered mine mid april. give them a call just to make sure there is no problem

Svetlana Kuznetsova

Amelie Mauresmo

Sam Stosur

All the French Girls
Dulko, Schiavone, Pennetta,
karenwalker2 is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,655
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

They usually say if you don't receive them 7 working days before the event to contact them, but if you're worried I'd contact them anyway.
Mary Cherry. is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 70
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

are the qualifiers free to go to?? are the public allowed access to the qualies??
snowfox is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
gentzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 262
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfox View Post
are the qualifiers free to go to?? are the public allowed access to the qualies??
Nope...qualies are not free...check the link for the prices http://www.lta.org.uk/Watch/AEGON-Br...Ticket-Prices/

Go LenaD !!
gentzy is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Escape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London
Posts: 10,887
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

I always thought the qualies were free.
As they are at Birmingham and Wimbledon.
Escape is offline  
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
 
adeegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,024
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

Hi

I was thinking of going to the tourney on Saturday for qualifying - can anyone tell me if MD players would be practicing there if the weather is ok?
adeegee is offline  
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2010, 10:22 AM
My Hero... Always
 
Legend1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Derby (UK)
Posts: 1,674
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeegee View Post
Hi

I was thinking of going to the tourney on Saturday for qualifying - can anyone tell me if MD players would be practicing there if the weather is ok?
Hi I cant see why they wouldn't.

But like you say guess its very weather dependant.. although looking at the weather forecasts looks like you should be ok

Have a good time if you do go. Im there from Sunday for a week.

Thanks for the memories

♥ Amelie Mauresmo ♥

"I dreamt of this career, I dreamt of winning a Grand Slam title, I lifted trophies in every city in the world and I lived 10 magical and unbelievable years."
Legend1 is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
flareon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37,766
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

I live in eastbourne XD the best hotel is the cavendish and its where most of the tennis players stay. I usually go on finals day, but sadly not this year. If anyone needs any info on anything to do with eastbourne in general I will 'try' and help lol.

TT 2010: Won 100k Bronx DW/Matthias, 50k Athens DW/Håkon
TT 2011: Won WTA Strasbourg, WTA Quebec DW/Phil=).
TT 2012: Won WTA P5 Cincinnati,WTA Auckland,Birmingham,Hertogenbosch,Luxembourg,50k Bronx,25k Rockhampton DW/Phil=)
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline  
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
adeegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,024
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend1 View Post
Hi I cant see why they wouldn't.

But like you say guess its very weather dependant.. although looking at the weather forecasts looks like you should be ok

Have a good time if you do go. Im there from Sunday for a week.
Thanks it'll be my first time at the tourney, just heading to Brighton for the weekend so I thought I'd try and check it out for a day.

Hope you enjoy it too
adeegee is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 139
                     
Re: Attending Eastbourne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by db99 View Post
I live in eastbourne XD the best hotel is the cavendish and its where most of the tennis players stay. I usually go on finals day, but sadly not this year. If anyone needs any info on anything to do with eastbourne in general I will 'try' and help lol.
Can you suggest any good restaurants?
qwertyed is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome