Tennis Forum banner

Serena v Venus-who will be AO champ?

868 views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Venus Forever 
#1 ·
Will it be the Serena Slam or will Venus take the first GS of the year?

#3 ·
I can't not back Venus in a GS final. A some, point, being a fan obscures my judgement.

For sane people

1 - Are the blisters on Serena's foot a problem?

2 - Can Venus get to net enough, and put away her volleys?

#5 ·
I wish and Hope Venus wins this.. go Venus.. get that 1st serve in... maybe Serena losing would have given Venus the title. but u can do this Ven u did this before.. Kick her ass

#8 ·
Venus :p

#9 ·
i really don't know, i don't know if serena is going to pick up her game, and i don't know how venus is going to play, venus picked up her game against hantuchova and henin, but really this is a toss-up for me, i think pam shriver is even going to call it a toss up. venus can bring her game to serena's level, and what will be interesting to see is, if serena does raiser her level, will venus finally do the same?

#10 ·
I want and expect Serena to win. I want her to get her "Serena Slam". That's more special than just winning a single GS event. Besides, there'll be other GS events for Venus to win, and I'm sure I'll be rooting for on some of those occasions. But for now, it's Serena's hour.

#15 ·
I just hope that Venus can clear her mind and forget the pain Serena had to go through to beat Kim. Venus was clearly suffering on the stands watching the match and that might affect her will to put up a good fight.

If Venus can play Serena like she would have played Kim, Venus will take it, but can she do that?? Can she really be indiferent to the fact that her little sister had to work much, much harder than her to get to the finals and really, really wants to win the title.
Can she really say: you know what, I don't give a damn! I'm taking it! I know she has said that to the media, but can she really say it to herself??

#17 ·
Venus better win, or I'll kick her ass myself when I see her in Miami ;) (my next tournament stop)

I'm sick of her bowing down to Serena...

She has to come to NET...she has to take the chance, she won't win from the baseline.

She must get her first serve cranking...if that is fully working then a low % on second, won't even matter

And, no WILD errors...ok Vee...

#18 ·
Serena's blisters will be an issue. They developed exactly at the points where she gets most of the ground reactive force. She may have to ease up a little bit which means reduced power and pace. At less than 100%, she starts at a disadvantage

Now, will Venus be at 100% herself? We can never know. I feel they both want the title badly and will do their best. This time, my bet is on Venus: she has displayed a superior net game so far and has made a conscious decision to be more aggressive than usual.

#19 ·
VENUS

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.