Paris GDF SUEZ 2012 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Rovegun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,630
                     
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
So she has the past FedCup sickness... just kidding

Coming from +30 Australia to -15 Germany, it`s not unusual to get sick!?
Handling about 50 degrees temperature difference certainly isn`t that easy.
But it would have been nice to see her facing Pova again
Hope she gets well soon.
I thank many players have the past tournament sickness

I think Mike meant it is usual to get sick coming through so many degrees or not?
Rovegun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
 
hankmoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
I thank many players have the past tournament sickness
Already four seeded players out due to injury or sickness in Paris. This sucks!
hankmoody is offline  
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Senior Member
 
everythingtaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 896
                     
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
Already four seeded players out due to injury or sickness in Paris. This sucks!
I think a lot of the injuries, illnesses etc. have a lot to do with players coming from the harsh heat of the Australian Summer to the minus Winter temps of Europe. The WTA roadmap is so wrong. Paris should be towards the end of the year with Linz, Moscow etc. That's only one of the problems. Having Fed Cup so soon after AO is harsh, and don't even get me started on both the WTA and ATP slowing down courts and therefore causing more injuries to players. It's such a mess. There's a reason players are getting injured more than ever. [/rant]
everythingtaboo is offline  
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Mojobackhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,058
                     
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
I think a lot of the injuries, illnesses etc. have a lot to do with players coming from the harsh heat of the Australian Summer to the minus Winter temps of Europe. The WTA roadmap is so wrong. Paris should be towards the end of the year with Linz, Moscow etc. That's only one of the problems. Having Fed Cup so soon after AO is harsh, and don't even get me started on both the WTA and ATP slowing down courts and therefore causing more injuries to players. It's such a mess. There's a reason players are getting injured more than ever. [/rant]
Oh, I must have missed that. Why are slow courts more dangerous? Can someone enlighten me?
Mojobackhand is offline  
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
everythingtaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 896
                     
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
Oh, I must have missed that. Why are slow courts more dangerous? Can someone enlighten me?
Points are longer and players have to put more grind on their bodies to win. When I played tennis I hated to play on slow hardcourts and actually hurt my ankle pretty bad on the surface-- twice. There is a reason I don't play tennis anymore.

But this article explains it pretty well: http://tennis.about.com/od/racquetsb...s-and-cons.htm
everythingtaboo is offline  
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Mojobackhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,058
                     
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Points are longer and players have to put more grind on their bodies to win. When I played tennis I hated to play on slow hardcourts and actually hurt my ankle pretty bad on the surface-- twice. There is a reason I don't play tennis anymore.

But this article explains it pretty well: http://tennis.about.com/od/racquetsb...s-and-cons.htm
Thanks!
Mojobackhand is offline  
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2012, 09:04 AM
On His Mouth Like Liquor
 
Yoncé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,681
                     
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Points are longer and players have to put more grind on their bodies to win. When I played tennis I hated to play on slow hardcourts and actually hurt my ankle pretty bad on the surface-- twice. There is a reason I don't play tennis anymore.

But this article explains it pretty well: http://tennis.about.com/od/racquetsb...s-and-cons.htm
Thanks, interesting read!
Yoncé is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome