Australian Open 2012 - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Lisickifan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 749
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
For me, greatest match of all time. Much more athletic, dramatic, suspenseful, & riveting than the Wimbledon final in 08. Ajde Nole! So proud.

I think I might need a few days to recover from those near heart attacks I had tonight.
For me Wimbledon 2008 Finale was the best match I've ever seen because both players were on the top of what they can play at that moment and I never forget the tiebreak of set 4 with that incredible two points (maybe the 2 best points of the tournament), first from Rafa to get the matchpoint and then a world class backhand from Federer!

Today, Nole was not on court (I think because of the last match) during set 1. But the intensity, the crowd, the fighting players, what a match! Nadal is such a hero and he never gives up, what a champion. Despite Nole wins it 6 or 7 times in a row against Nadal. Awesome!

That is why we all love Tennis

To get more on topic, let's hope Sabine will show us in the future some Grand Slam finals. The one question is, how many of Sabine Fans get a heart attack during her finale, because we cheer so much with her.
Lisickifan84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #227 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,528
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
For me Wimbledon 2008 Finale was the best match I've ever seen because both players were on the top of what they can play at that moment and I never forget the tiebreak of set 4 with that incredible two points (maybe the 2 best points of the tournament), first from Rafa to get the matchpoint and then a world class backhand from Federer!

Today, Nole was not on court (I think because of the last match) during set 1. But the intensity, the crowd, the fighting players, what a match! Nadal is such a hero and he never gives up, what a champion. Despite Nole wins it 6 or 7 times in a row against Nadal. Awesome!

That is why we all love Tennis

To get more on topic, let's hope Sabine will show us in the future some Grand Slam finals. The one question is, how many of Sabine Fans get a heart attack during her finale, because we cheer so much with her.
Sabine has the tools to reach and win slam finals, let's be patient.
18majors is offline  
post #228 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
everythingtaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 896
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Sabine has the tools to reach and win slam finals, let's be patient.
Goodness, I might have some sort of breakdown if Sabine had to play a match like that tonight. Nole is my favourite ATP player, Sabine obviously one of my WTA faves (her and Kimmy share that honour) but I always get more uptight during the WTA matches for some reason. And tonight nearly sent me over the edge. It's a scary thought. I clearly love this sport too much.
everythingtaboo is offline  
post #229 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Lisickifan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 749
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

I am patient

Step by step
Lisickifan84 is offline  
post #230 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
everythingtaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 896
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Pah, Sabine could have beaten them with her FH alone....
Now THAT would be impressive!
everythingtaboo is offline  
post #231 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Mike81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,825
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Haha well don't ask me predict tennis results! on radio on Saturday, I picked Sharapova and Nadal to win the finals But I didn't mind Vika and Nole winning.

SABINE LISICKI- GENIE BOUCHARD- DARIA GAVRILOVA-
Mike81 is offline  
post #232 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Andy_Murray_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
 
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Goodness, I might have some sort of breakdown if Sabine had to play a match like that tonight. Nole is my favourite ATP player, Sabine obviously one of my WTA faves (her and Kimmy share that honour) but I always get more uptight during the WTA matches for some reason. And tonight nearly sent me over the edge. It's a scary thought. I clearly love this sport too much.
I feel the same. I think there is an unpredictability with the women's game that arguably makes it more exciting to watch than the men's which, while you get epic matches occasionally, is always going to be the 3 or 4 guys fighting for the top trophies, but with the women's it's often anyone's guess.

Sabine's matches at the Aus Open were an absolute rollercoaster, I feel alot less relaxed watching her than Andy because I want her to win so badly! I'm not sure if she was carrying an injury over from the previous tournament but the changes in momentum against the Swiss player and Kuznetsova were unreal, she definitely has an uncanny way of getting through tough matches which will stand her well in future tourns, but it would be nice to see a few more straight set matches, she definitely has the power game to do it.
Andy_Murray_88 is offline  
post #233 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Senior Member
 
hankmoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Murray_88 View Post
I feel the same. I think there is an unpredictability with the women's game that arguably makes it more exciting to watch than the men's which, while you get epic matches occasionally, is always going to be the 3 or 4 guys fighting for the top trophies, but with the women's it's often anyone's guess.

Sabine's matches at the Aus Open were an absolute rollercoaster, I feel alot less relaxed watching her than Andy because I want her to win so badly! I'm not sure if she was carrying an injury over from the previous tournament but the changes in momentum against the Swiss player and Kuznetsova were unreal, she definitely has an uncanny way of getting through tough matches which will stand her well in future tourns, but it would be nice to see a few more straight set matches, she definitely has the power game to do it.
That`s true, but I think, now that she is healthy and feels confident, those straight set wins will come again. Like e.g. the second half of last year, while she was healthy, she regularely had very impressive wins against lower ranked players. (and also some of higher rank) It was only in the matches, where she seemed scared or at least impressed by the opponent (e.g. Serena or Svonareva) that she crumbled, no? Of course, then the illness and injuries came again, just like before the AO.
But now it seems she has the guts again... so excited about her match against Kvitova!
hankmoody is offline  
post #234 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Senior Member
 
everythingtaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 896
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Murray_88 View Post
I feel the same. I think there is an unpredictability with the women's game that arguably makes it more exciting to watch than the men's which, while you get epic matches occasionally, is always going to be the 3 or 4 guys fighting for the top trophies, but with the women's it's often anyone's guess.
While I love men's tennis, what you said above is the reason why I love the WTA more. You just never know who is going to win these days because there is no dominant player at the moment. For example, the French coming up... no bloody clue who will win that (did anyone really predict Fran would win in 2010?) Where as the men, it's pretty much a guarantee it'll be either Rafa or Nole.

I think having 4 different Slam winners last year (3 of them being first time winners) has really opened up the women's draw at Slams even more than it has the past couple of years. This year could be the most unpredictable year for the WTA ever and I'm pretty excited about that.
everythingtaboo is offline  
post #235 of 235 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:15 AM
Senior Member
 
everythingtaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 896
                     
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
But now it seems she has the guts again... so excited about her match against Kvitova!
So am I. Petra is another one of my favourite players but I want Sabine to win that match. It would be such a huge win for her. I want a battle, ladies.
everythingtaboo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome