Myskina's Game - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13
                     
Myskina's Game

Im so curious about Myskina's game. Some ppl said that shes only hitting all the balls back with lack of strategy and thingking on court..but others also said that she always hit the ball with a purpose..???

I watched her game in Bali this year and she played really awfull, she was cluless againts Maria Elena Camerin..hit too many short balls that fell in the mid court, bad serve and it seems that shes only trying to return all the balls without thingking. I noticed that she loves to hit flat shots, rare topsin. CMIIW

Btw, whats her type of grip ? Semi western or eastern grip ?
D_hingis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 19,041
                     
I dont know exactly about her grip, but yes she loves the flat shot especially the forehand. That match vs MEC was bad, she was coming from a 2rd loss in the USO.

She is more of a thinking game, moving players around and she has a good sense of court.


GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
I dont know exactly about her grip, but yes she loves the flat shot especially the forehand. That match vs MEC was bad, she was coming from a 2rd loss in the USO.

She is more of a thinking game, moving players around and she has a good sense of court.
Yeah, she hit her forehand flat...and that usually where the trouble also come. Most of her opponents trying to play her forehand coz its too flat that sometimes it dumped in the net. I think Myskina actually knew that one of her weaknesses was her forehand side.

Agree, shes good on making her opponent running around the court, almost similar with Hingis.
D_hingis is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2004, 12:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,096
                     
Nastya has bad days.

On her good days she does what patty Schnyder does to people but better. Nastya plays smart tennis, is strategic in the ways she works out her opponents and is more consistent, harder hitting and even faster than Patty.

Balls come back when they shouldn't, Nasty is extremely fast and has great hands and timing. She chases everything and doesn't tire except when tiredness sets in so badly she switches off. Players used to short rallies find themselves in long ones. She is faster and fitter and can do it longer so they are often in trouble. Net attackers find she is lobbing them. Baseliners find she is outlasting them and hits a mean drop shot or angle.

With all this going on brains fry as they have to continually adjust to balls going all over the place - you don't get pattern so you have to think all the time. its disheartening to see your winners come back. She rallies at one pace and then throws in a shot at twice the speed. As you react to all this you find yourself playing her game not yours (sharapova said this about the first set at the YEC) She plays her game better than you do though. If she counters your game and makes you play hers you are in real trouble.

She's also one of the best strategists out there - like hingis she reads your strengths and weaknesses and attacks one and stops you using the other. She can play differently depending on who is there and what she decides to do (I think elena said this at the FO). You also notice in interviews she knows what her opponents weaknesses are - Lindsay at the YEC gots forehands to hit because it was a bit off.....You even see her watching other players play which some of the really great players did but few other people seem to today.

At her best she is also very offensive - far from the counterpuncher of her worst matches and her reputation . If you look at moscow or the fed cup or YEC against Lindsay you will see very hard hit winners down the line and cross court and a really devastating combination of a wide serve and an attacking volley at the net to finish the point. You also have to look at what "offensive" means. Myskina wins quite a few points against bigger hitters by hitting the ball short infront of them - they try and get forward which is not their thing and whack the ball out because they can't control it at the new court length - thats attack but it looks like just getting the ball back. its going to be interesting to see in 2005 how often this offensive game comes out - it would make it harder for even the really big hitters to blow a way through her if she can get quick points too.
fammmmedspin is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2004, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fammmmedspin
Nastya has bad days.

On her good days she does what patty Schnyder does to people but better. Nastya plays smart tennis, is strategic in the ways she works out her opponents and is more consistent, harder hitting and even faster than Patty.

Balls come back when they shouldn't, Nasty is extremely fast and has great hands and timing. She chases everything and doesn't tire except when tiredness sets in so badly she switches off. Players used to short rallies find themselves in long ones. She is faster and fitter and can do it longer so they are often in trouble. Net attackers find she is lobbing them. Baseliners find she is outlasting them and hits a mean drop shot or angle.

With all this going on brains fry as they have to continually adjust to balls going all over the place - you don't get pattern so you have to think all the time. its disheartening to see your winners come back. She rallies at one pace and then throws in a shot at twice the speed. As you react to all this you find yourself playing her game not yours (sharapova said this about the first set at the YEC) She plays her game better than you do though. If she counters your game and makes you play hers you are in real trouble.

She's also one of the best strategists out there - like hingis she reads your strengths and weaknesses and attacks one and stops you using the other. She can play differently depending on who is there and what she decides to do (I think elena said this at the FO). You also notice in interviews she knows what her opponents weaknesses are - Lindsay at the YEC gots forehands to hit because it was a bit off.....You even see her watching other players play which some of the really great players did but few other people seem to today.

At her best she is also very offensive - far from the counterpuncher of her worst matches and her reputation . If you look at moscow or the fed cup or YEC against Lindsay you will see very hard hit winners down the line and cross court and a really devastating combination of a wide serve and an attacking volley at the net to finish the point. You also have to look at what "offensive" means. Myskina wins quite a few points against bigger hitters by hitting the ball short infront of them - they try and get forward which is not their thing and whack the ball out because they can't control it at the new court length - thats attack but it looks like just getting the ball back. its going to be interesting to see in 2005 how often this offensive game comes out - it would make it harder for even the really big hitters to blow a way through her if she can get quick points too.
Thanks for the comment, its a great one.
Well, we surely know that myskina's main problem is her mental condition. I think if she can fix that problem...she can be better and better. This is where a coach have an important role. And i think Jens Gerlach was doing pretty good with Myskina's mental state.

But i dont know, myskina and gerlach from my point of view still have this chemistry goin on eventhough rumours said they already broke up and myskina has another boyfriend. Still, they travel together, practice and stay closed. This, however, will point us into a question..is it good to have a coach that also ur ex boyfriend ??? Maybe some of u already discussed it. But i do think that myskina's up and down this year, was the caused of still having emotional relation with her coach aka her ex boyfriend.

Okay now. back to myskina's game. Yeah, i totally agree. When i saw myskina plays dementieva in RG final. She did exactly what she had to do, hitting more groundies and serve to dementieva's backhand. Changing the pace that upset dementieva's game and so on.
D_hingis is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,096
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_hingis
Thanks for the comment, its a great one.
Well, we surely know that myskina's main problem is her mental condition. I think if she can fix that problem...she can be better and better. This is where a coach have an important role. And i think Jens Gerlach was doing pretty good with Myskina's mental state.

But i dont know, myskina and gerlach from my point of view still have this chemistry goin on eventhough rumours said they already broke up and myskina has another boyfriend. Still, they travel together, practice and stay closed. This, however, will point us into a question..is it good to have a coach that also ur ex boyfriend ??? Maybe some of u already discussed it. But i do think that myskina's up and down this year, was the caused of still having emotional relation with her coach aka her ex boyfriend.

Okay now. back to myskina's game. Yeah, i totally agree. When i saw myskina plays dementieva in RG final. She did exactly what she had to do, hitting more groundies and serve to dementieva's backhand. Changing the pace that upset dementieva's game and so on.
It may just be who she is. Patty is far worse. Natasha did it all the time. Nastya is controlling her emotions better and has really toughed out some matches that were crucial at the FO, YEC, Moscow, that long long TB v Vera. She just went off agaimst Maria and Justine once each and didn't turn up after the FO or Olympics which was understandable. Take the olympics out next year and hope her shoulder is better and she could do even better.

I recently watched some Natasha Z matches again - some of Natasha's plays are very much alive and firing in Nastya's game.
fammmmedspin is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
greenfunkTHREE.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: facing the screen.
Posts: 3,396
                     
cool.!

RIDING THE 3AM ROLLERCOASTER

Anastasia Myskina my NO.1 favourite.
Daniela Hantuchova super eyecandy!
Emilie Loit heartbreaker.
Alize Cornet she's just 15!
Elena Dementieva pretty!
Amelie Mauresmo idol!
Svetlana Kuznetsova so fuckable! ps. She was never ugly!!

All the best to:
Nathalie Dechy, Caroline Wozniacki, Justine Henin-Hardenne,
Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Kirilenko,
Marion Bartoli, Aravane Rezai, Dinara Safina,
Victoria Azarenka, Olga Poutchkova
and all the other pretty players!


I like these players because they are HAWT HAWT HAWT!

Clémence Poésy
greenfunkTHREE. is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,846
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_hingis
But i dont know, myskina and gerlach from my point of view still have this chemistry goin on eventhough rumours said they already broke up and myskina has another boyfriend. Still, they travel together, practice and stay closed. This, however, will point us into a question..is it good to have a coach that also ur ex boyfriend ??? Maybe some of u already discussed it. But i do think that myskina's up and down this year, was the caused of still having emotional relation with her coach aka her ex boyfriend.
As you´re new here:

1) Welcome!

2) We NEVER discussed topic mentioned above and we WILL NEVER discuss this particular topic! *

3) Olympics SF 2004 - Filderstadt SF 2004...the weeks in between may be forgotten and must not be re-experienced under any circumstances.

4) I am weird, don´t listen to me!



*read the boyfriend thread...cutie j rocks!!!

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana


M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Senior Member
 
katiektc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Norn Iron/UK
Posts: 4,122
                     
ah....moment for cutie j.........ahhh....ok i can move on....
katiektc is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
greenfunkTHREE.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: facing the screen.
Posts: 3,396
                     
HAHAHA! spunky. your so funny!

RIDING THE 3AM ROLLERCOASTER

Anastasia Myskina my NO.1 favourite.
Daniela Hantuchova super eyecandy!
Emilie Loit heartbreaker.
Alize Cornet she's just 15!
Elena Dementieva pretty!
Amelie Mauresmo idol!
Svetlana Kuznetsova so fuckable! ps. She was never ugly!!

All the best to:
Nathalie Dechy, Caroline Wozniacki, Justine Henin-Hardenne,
Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Kirilenko,
Marion Bartoli, Aravane Rezai, Dinara Safina,
Victoria Azarenka, Olga Poutchkova
and all the other pretty players!


I like these players because they are HAWT HAWT HAWT!

Clémence Poésy
greenfunkTHREE. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome