Okay - so what to do about Iraq NOW
A billion dollars a week and rising
* Pull out now and leave them to their fate
* Stay, and make sure American companies drain as much money out of Iraq as possible, with the American military there to protect the multi-nationals from the Iraqi people
* Stay, because we've been bombing Iraq for 12 years, and we've destroyed a lot of the country in the process. We owe it to the Iraqi people to pay to re-build the place.
BTW, using their oil to pay for it is obscene. It's like, I burn down your house, then take your life savings to give to my friends to re-build your house.
* Pull out, and give the billion dollars a week to the new Iraqi Council we're so proud of
* Stay, and convert them all to Christianity
Note: Pulling in more toops is not feasible. We have a 12 division army and 10 of them are deployed. You gotta keep a rear guard, so we're maxed. A thrust by Al Qaeda on a new front will likely strike deep. ANd our army is pinned down in a position its politically inpossible to retreat from.
I'm an American
What's the best course of action right now?
Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.