Gay bars/clubs in London?? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 08:27 PM
*Sesil*
 
KournikovaFan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Éire
Posts: 19,346
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Yeah I agree, I mean he could well be a douche but I don't see self-hating.
KournikovaFan91 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
blurring the lines between the real and the fake
 
V-MAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,331
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Not sure how old you are. Some on here probably frequent the City of Quebec pub near Marble Arch
well.....I'm a gentleman knocking on the door of the third decade of my life

V-MAC is offline  
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,173
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
As is Camden Town.

Soho is probably the safest gay bit of London given the police presence in Central London.
Camden is amusing. The last time I was there was on Halloween. Drunken fat chavs rolling around in the gutters with mounds of rubbish everywhere

ropuwhore

Cornet
Censored is online now  
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Senior Member
 
kwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 8,843
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
well.....I'm a gentleman knocking on the door of the third decade of my life
I'm gonna steal this line! Less than 6 months to my 30th!!

Venus Williams
Serena Williams




http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline  
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 14,275
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

I'm turning 30 in just over 4 months. I've got a lot of emotions to deal with.
shap_half is offline  
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,173
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I'm gonna steal this line! Less than 6 months to my 30th!!
Surely you'll be entering the fourth decade of your life then

ropuwhore

Cornet
Censored is online now  
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 4,164
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
well.....I'm a gentleman knocking on the door of the third decade of my life
The Quebec is (affectionately) known as the elephants graveyard! It's for elderly gents and their admirers - some of whom charge you could make a bit of spending money

I've met mates there a few times and it's a big, friendly pub with the occasional drag act. Just accept the clientele are of a certain age - we all get there, hopefully!
EdinburghMan is offline  
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2014, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
blurring the lines between the real and the fake
 
V-MAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,331
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
The Quebec is (affectionately) known as the elephants graveyard! It's for elderly gents and their admirers - some of whom charge you could make a bit of spending money

I've met mates there a few times and it's a big, friendly pub with the occasional drag act. Just accept the clientele are of a certain age - we all get there, hopefully!
"Elderly gents and their admirers".......so kind of a fetish bar for those with daddy issues?!
I jest

Do you need to be on a guest list to get into the nightclubs?

V-MAC is offline  
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
kwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 8,843
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
I'm turning 30 in just over 4 months. I've got a lot of emotions to deal with.
Me too! I just said six because it seems like a somewhat substantial amount of time! My birthday's the 15th of May. When's yours?

My partner is turning 30 on the 11th of May. I'm gonna make the most of those 4 days when he's in his 30s and I'm still in my 20s!

I have a 30th bday party to go to this Saturday. They've been trickling in so far but this is the start of a torrent of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Watchmaker View Post
Surely you'll be entering the fourth decade of your life then

Details, details... Please don't say things like fourth decade to me!

Venus Williams
Serena Williams




http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline  
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 14,275
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
Me too! I just said six because it seems like a somewhat substantial amount of time! My birthday's the 15th of May. When's yours?

My partner is turning 30 on the 11th of May. I'm gonna make the most of those 4 days when he's in his 30s and I'm still in my 20s!

I have a 30th bday party to go to this Saturday. They've been trickling in so far but this is the start of a torrent of them!




Details, details... Please don't say things like fourth decade to me!
May 10th. Yay, party for everyone.

I go back-and-forth between absolutely hating the thought of turning 30 for stupid reasons and not caring. I realize I'm having issues with turning 30 because I'm an idiot, and then I'm better about it.
shap_half is offline  
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Senior Member
 
kwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 8,843
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

[QUOTE=shap_half;37136401]May 10th. Yay, party for everyone.

I go back-and-forth between absolutely hating the thought of turning 30 for stupid reasons and not caring. I realize I'm having issues with turning 30 because I'm an idiot, and then I'm better about it.[/QUOTE

Me too. I know that I won't get over that until I've been 30 for a couple of months or so. Then I just won't even think about it anymore. Anyway, I've decided to soften the blow by going to Israel and Jordan. The main thing is to see Petra. This helps me to look forward to turning 30!

Venus Williams
Serena Williams




http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline  
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Isha > Your fave
 
Miss Amor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 26,619
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
The Quebec is (affectionately) known as the elephants graveyard! It's for elderly gents and their admirers - some of whom charge you could make a bit of spending money

I've met mates there a few times and it's a big, friendly pub with the occasional drag act. Just accept the clientele are of a certain age - we all get there, hopefully!
If you want to make spending money, g-a-y and ku are pretty good too. When I used to work in ku bar, we had a big prosty problem (nothing to do with me). Fire has less open prostitutes, but they do have richer patrons
Miss Amor is offline  
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Isha > Your fave
 
Miss Amor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 26,619
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Ps: 30+ men are usually much more attractive. So well done to you two.
Miss Amor is offline  
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 14,275
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post

Me too. I know that I won't get over that until I've been 30 for a couple of months or so. Then I just won't even think about it anymore. Anyway, I've decided to soften the blow by going to Israel and Jordan. The main thing is to see Petra. This helps me to look forward to turning 30!
Only way to do it. I've chosen to postpone my 30th celebrations until the end of June, when I go to Brasil for the World Cup.
shap_half is offline  
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
kwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 8,843
                     
Re: Gay bars/clubs in London??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
Ps: 30+ men are usually much more attractive. So well done to you two.
Idk, either your silver fox genes start to kick in...or they don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
Only way to do it. I've chosen to postpone my 30th celebrations until the end of June, when I go to Brasil for the World Cup.
Yeah, I'll have to wait until the end of June too! Better to do that though and have a proper celebration!

I'm sure Brazil will be LOADS of fun!

Venus Williams
Serena Williams




http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome