Female inmates sterilized without approval - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
hablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 50,079
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
You should know, honey, isn't google.com where you got that fake photo, and all the fake photos you post?
The pic came with the article, Helen Lawson...

Quote:
19. In the period from January to April 2006 Dr. Skalny sent very detailed messages to Ms Sharapova [...]: “Mildronate 1-2 X 10, repeat in 2 wks (before training or competition)”; “1 hr before competition, 2 pills of Mildronate”; “During games of special importance, you can increase your Mildronate dose to 3-4 pills (1 hr before the match). However, it is necessary to consult me on all these matters (please call)”; “30 minutes prior to a training session: Mildronat – 1 Capsule. 30-45 minutes prior to a tournament Mildronat 2 capsules”.
hablo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Alexandros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14,081
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
You should know, honey, isn't google.com where you got that fake photo, and all the fake photos you post?
fucking hell Helen the pic was part of the article.

Punk ass B*TCH
Alexandros is offline  
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,247
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
The pic came with the article, Helen Lawson...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarindipity View Post
fucking hell Helen the pic was part of the article.
Pay the obvious troll no mind. It's either that or his dementia has gotten worse.

Better yet, put it on ignore, like I'll be doing sometime before Monday arrives. No need allowing such a useless and unnecessary annoyance to sour your time spent in this forum.

chanda · venus (7) · serena (22) · ana (1) · vera · na (2) · domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is online now  
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Alexandros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14,081
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Oh just shut up.

Punk ass B*TCH
Alexandros is offline  
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
plantman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Out in Alaska
Posts: 12,153
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Last week it was Saturday, now it's Monday?

Do it now. No one cares if you can't take the heat from your posts.
Whenever our post cause him to soil his day of the week panties, is the day we go on ignore again

He'll be back!

"I USED to be Snow White....but I drifted."
MAE WEST
plantman is offline  
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,247
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Last week it was Saturday, now it's Monday?

Do it now. No one cares if you can't take the heat from your posts.
It was always the weekend. Try to keep up, pops.

chanda · venus (7) · serena (22) · ana (1) · vera · na (2) · domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is online now  
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 19,302
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantman View Post
Whenever our post cause him to soil his day of the week panties, is the day we go on ignore again

He'll be back!
I'm not so sure, people are starting to see through his act. I think he'll be off soon like the others.

Whitney Houston and her receipts:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...17447&page=324
Helen Lawson is offline  
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
plantman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Out in Alaska
Posts: 12,153
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
I'm not so sure, people are starting to see through his act. I think he'll be off soon like the others.
Speaking of others...Whatever became of Wigglytuff?

"I USED to be Snow White....but I drifted."
MAE WEST
plantman is offline  
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:25 PM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,247
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
I'm not so sure, people are starting to see through his act. I think he'll be off soon like the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampers& View Post
Some of you posters in this thread are despicable. Helen Lawson being the worst of them. She accuses others of being 'race baiters' and 'trolls,' but she is, by far, the worst in this thread. She constantly goes into threads to call out certain groups of posters and instigate arguments. Still convinced that her profile was hacked or she experienced some sort of traumatic experience in the last year that has made her a bitter, irrational, ignorant moron. There is no way there could have been such a dramatic change in board personality without something major happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
The pic came with the article, Helen Lawson...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarindipity View Post
fucking hell Helen the pic was part of the article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarindipity View Post
Oh just shut up.

chanda · venus (7) · serena (22) · ana (1) · vera · na (2) · domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is online now  
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 19,302
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Because it annoys them to no end. Denying a troll attention is like taking civil war memorabilia or a baked ham away from Paula Deen. Plantman wants us believe it's cowardly to ignore him, when the truth is he couldn't burst a grape with a sledge hammer.

Yeah, that train ride was harrowing. All the bullets flying and grenades being thrown in protest of the verdict... oh wait, let me close my twitter feed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
You were saying about transference??

Whitney Houston and her receipts:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...17447&page=324
Helen Lawson is offline  
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:36 PM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,247
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
You were saying about transference??
Ask again when you've been re-plopped into the ignore bucket.

chanda · venus (7) · serena (22) · ana (1) · vera · na (2) · domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is online now  
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 02:04 PM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,247
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

N.C. Sterilization Victims To Receive $10 Million In Compensation

By Hannington Dia | Jul 30, 2013



North Carolina is set to compensate victims of its involuntary sterilization program, according to NBC News.

State House Speaker Thom Tillis said that the lawmakers’ vote to hand out $10 million in compensation was not easily reached. “There were challenges, we had to better educate our members — and then of course we had to work through the fiscal challenges — but at the end of the day, what we’ve done is something truly historic,” he said.

Between 1929 and 1974, North Carolina forcibly sterilized thousands of men, women, and children — part of a larger eugenics movement that believed traits such as violence and alcoholism were genetic and could be removed
.

Many of the victims were African-American and female, including Elaine Riddick (pictured center). In 1967, a 13-year-old Riddick was raped and impregnated. The state had her sterilized immediately after she gave birth to a baby boy, with doctors cutting up and tying her Fallopian tubes.

She was never informed about the procedure
.

“Got to the hospital and they put me in a room and that’s all I remember, that’s all I remember,” she said to NBC News during a profile story two years ago. “When I woke up, I woke up with bandages on my stomach.”

According to Riddick’s records, the state sterilized her because they saw her as “feebleminded” and “promiscuous.”

Riddick only found out she was sterile when a doctor in New York told her so six years later
.

The state’s decision to pay the victims of the sterilization program was the right one, she says. “People need to know that injustice was done towards them and they need to be compensated for that,” Still, Riddick believes the money isn’t enough:

“People need to know that injustice was done towards them and they need to be compensated for that,” she added.

North Carolina became one of the first states to publicly apologize for the eugenics program in 2002. It was one of 31 states to have practiced the program
.

Watch a video about the eugenics program here:


[Vid unavailable, so this is a substitute. -JN]

Initially, the eugenics theory began as a program to control welfare spending on poor White women and men.

Eventually, however, the focus began shifting to women and Blacks; a third of the sterilizations were performed on underage girls, some of whom were as young as 9 years old
.

Forty percent of the victims were non-White. Estimations place the number of people the state sterilized at 7,600. Of those, only 177 living victims have been identified.

“I hope this provides some closure to what I believe is one of the darkest chapters in the state’s history,” Tillis said.

The $10 million will be distributed starting in 2015. This is so that more victims will have time to come and collect compensation. Should a victim die, the compensation will go to their estate.

[NewsOne]

chanda · venus (7) · serena (22) · ana (1) · vera · na (2) · domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is online now  
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
hablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 50,079
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
N.C. Sterilization Victims To Receive $10 Million In Compensation
Still scandalous what happened to these victims.


Quote:

Between 1929 and 1974, North Carolina forcibly sterilized thousands of men, women, and children — part of a larger eugenics movement that believed traits such as violence and alcoholism were genetic and could be removed
.
Unbelievable...
Quote:
Many of the victims were African-American and female, including Elaine Riddick (pictured center). In 1967, a 13-year-old Riddick was raped and impregnated. The state had her sterilized immediately after she gave birth to a baby boy, with doctors cutting up and tying her Fallopian tubes.

She was never informed about the procedure
.
I'm speechless.


Quote:

According to Riddick’s records, the state sterilized her because they saw her as “feebleminded” and “promiscuous.”
But she was raped.
Quote:
Still, Riddick believes the money isn’t enough:

“People need to know that injustice was done towards them and they need to be compensated for that,” she added.
Agree. Money won't undo the damage.

Quote:
North Carolina became one of the first states to publicly apologize for the eugenics program in 2002. It was one of 31 states to have practiced the program.
What these states did was barbaric.

Quote:
19. In the period from January to April 2006 Dr. Skalny sent very detailed messages to Ms Sharapova [...]: “Mildronate 1-2 X 10, repeat in 2 wks (before training or competition)”; “1 hr before competition, 2 pills of Mildronate”; “During games of special importance, you can increase your Mildronate dose to 3-4 pills (1 hr before the match). However, it is necessary to consult me on all these matters (please call)”; “30 minutes prior to a training session: Mildronat – 1 Capsule. 30-45 minutes prior to a tournament Mildronat 2 capsules”.
hablo is offline  
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 19,302
                     
Re: Female inmates sterilized without approval

Nice try, Dana, but different case, different state, different facts. Maybe this photo is real, though.

Whitney Houston and her receipts:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...17447&page=324
Helen Lawson is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome