Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites: "Tears Of Joy/Tears Of Sad" (No Spoilers) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
You left your lion on a beach in Costa Rica
 
Wally.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Down a rabbit hole
Posts: 36,734
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Svetlio trying to ruin the show for others. Shocking!

S.WilliamsA.IvanovićP.O.GovortsovaA.RadwańskaM.RybárikováA.KerberP.KvitováB.Jovanovski
D.VekicD.KasatkinaE.VesninaC.GiorgiP.CetkovskáKr.+Ka.PlíškováD.CibulkováA.Pavlyuchenkova

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2015 US Open; 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Singles Champion: 2015 100k Poitiers; 2011 25k Mildura
QUEEN ZHENYA 4 LIFE!! Perfection!
Wally. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Good article. Can't believe Jeff would label men like Ozzie and Skupin as interesting, they're about as dry as a week old prune.

It's also possible that the interesting woman declined to come back, we don't know I guess. But there are plenty of interesting woman to pick from. Most of the girls from one world would be better than Francesca.

Plus I hate the fact that Malcolm is coming back, I know he was probably popular, but I like when returning players bring back old memories and ones we haven't seen for a while. I just saw Malcolm, so that just takes the fun away for me.
I think that Ozzy was worth bringing back after Cook Islands, but not after Micronesia. Twice was fine.

Agreed on Malcom - too soon. Should have saved him for the next All Star season or something (though you just know they're going to have him back a third time for that, regardless of his result on this coming season, so bleh)
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #18 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Regarding spoilers:

I don't remember who it was, but there was somebody in the past who said that they put people who read spoilers on ignore because they believe that their having read spoilers will lead to posts that accidentally spoil things. While I don't agree with this, I will point out that I have seen spoilers for this season (as I do every season), in the off chance whoever that was wants to put me back on ignore.

The rest of you needn't fear: I will not post spoilers, as I am not a moron.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #19 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Vincey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Everywhere,SinceHeninRet.
Posts: 17,100
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I think that Ozzy was worth bringing back after Cook Islands, but not after Micronesia. Twice was fine.

Agreed on Malcom - too soon. Should have saved him for the next All Star season or something (though you just know they're going to have him back a third time for that, regardless of his result on this coming season, so bleh)
There are always returning player from the season that has just ended. Amanda was back on Fan vs Favorites right after her 1st season and also Rupert and JT (I think) did the same thing. I understand why some people may be tired of seeing the same player in back to back seasons but they've done that in pretty much every seasons there were a bunch of returnees. Didn't they bring back Stephenie and that other guy right after their first season in Guatemala as well? I kinda like having recent faces among the returnees, but only one. lol

Wozniak~ElTabakh ~Marino~Eugenie Bouchard...and the other Canucks!
Maria Sharapova~Anna Chakvetadze~Jelena Dokic~Laura Robson ~Sabine Lisicki


"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now  
post #20 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:13 PM
You left your lion on a beach in Costa Rica
 
Wally.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Down a rabbit hole
Posts: 36,734
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

JT didn't come right back. Samoa was in between Tocantins (which he won) and Heroes vs. Villains.

The nominees for Rob Has a Podcast's second annual Miss Survivor Pageant have been revealed. Kim, Chelsea, and RC. I have no idea how RC made it, but whatever. I nominated Kim, Katie, and Abi, who wound up in 4th place. Of the 3 nominees, Kim definitely has my vote.

S.WilliamsA.IvanovićP.O.GovortsovaA.RadwańskaM.RybárikováA.KerberP.KvitováB.Jovanovski
D.VekicD.KasatkinaE.VesninaC.GiorgiP.CetkovskáKr.+Ka.PlíškováD.CibulkováA.Pavlyuchenkova

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2015 US Open; 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Singles Champion: 2015 100k Poitiers; 2011 25k Mildura
QUEEN ZHENYA 4 LIFE!! Perfection!
Wally. is offline  
post #21 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
.
 
BlueTrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 13,815
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Good luck to Andrea, Corinne and Hope!

#KeepTennisClean #LockHerUp #IStandWithWADA


And we'll never be royals (royals). It don't run in our blood, That kind of luxe just ain't for us. We crave a different kind of buzz.
BlueTrees is offline  
post #22 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 233
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

First season i dont think i will be watching maybe just reading boot results. I dont like this cast at all. Firstly they are all bad players, Brenda included. No one interesting. They need to bring back JFP or do something else or survivor wont survive.
wtftennis is offline  
post #23 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
There are always returning player from the season that has just ended. Amanda was back on Fan vs Favorites right after her 1st season and also Rupert and JT (I think) did the same thing. I understand why some people may be tired of seeing the same player in back to back seasons but they've done that in pretty much every seasons there were a bunch of returnees. Didn't they bring back Stephenie and that other guy right after their first season in Guatemala as well? I kinda like having recent faces among the returnees, but only one. lol
Yes, I've watched Survivor before. I believe that all of these people were brought back and think that the one-season-after-another is a generally bad idea. I don't see how anybody can be 100% fit, physically and emotionally, to play this game in back-to-back seasons. So, in a sense, we're being robbed seeing somebody else who could perform to the best of their abilities. However, I don't dislike Malcom, so it could be worse.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #24 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtftennis View Post
First season i dont think i will be watching maybe just reading boot results. I dont like this cast at all. Firstly they are all bad players, Brenda included. No one interesting. They need to bring back JFP or do something else or survivor wont survive.
This implies that bringing back JFP could save the franchise, so you're obviously just kidding here.

Anyway, ending my Survivor marathon last week, I watched Gabon. It was not that great. The fake idol stuff is funny, but the cast was so unlikable top to bottom that I just could not get behind this season. They weren't even unlikable in a batshit crazy awesome entertaining way like half of Exile Island was; They just seemed like full blown awful people.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #25 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Vincey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Everywhere,SinceHeninRet.
Posts: 17,100
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Yes, I've watched Survivor before. I believe that all of these people were brought back and think that the one-season-after-another is a generally bad idea. I don't see how anybody can be 100% fit, physically and emotionally, to play this game in back-to-back seasons. So, in a sense, we're being robbed seeing somebody else who could perform to the best of their abilities. However, I don't dislike Malcom, so it could be worse.
oh yes that's right, they are not in top of their form for sure. That's a good point.

Wozniak~ElTabakh ~Marino~Eugenie Bouchard...and the other Canucks!
Maria Sharapova~Anna Chakvetadze~Jelena Dokic~Laura Robson ~Sabine Lisicki


"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now  
post #26 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 233
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
This implies that bringing back JFP could save the franchise, so you're obviously just kidding here.

Anyway, ending my Survivor marathon last week, I watched Gabon. It was not that great. The fake idol stuff is funny, but the cast was so unlikable top to bottom that I just could not get behind this season. They weren't even unlikable in a batshit crazy awesome entertaining way like half of Exile Island was; They just seemed like full blown awful people.
Lol, even Probst said they may have to bring back JFP, after saying countless times he will never be brought back, and obviously the hate he has towards him. Sounds like im kidding? Not my words.
wtftennis is offline  
post #27 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Drake1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 49,404
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!(No Spoilers)

So exited!

SERENA WILLIAMS
Drake1980 is offline  
post #28 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Drake1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 49,404
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!(No Spoilers)

And by exited I mean excited

SERENA WILLIAMS
Drake1980 is offline  
post #29 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtftennis View Post
Lol, even Probst said they may have to bring back JFP, after saying countless times he will never be brought back, and obviously the hate he has towards him. Sounds like im kidding? Not my words.
I wasn't aware that the franchise was dying, though? And if it was, I"m confused as to why the general public who had not been tuning in would suddenly tune in for JFP? Is he a household name or something? I'm legitimately confused here.

For the record, I have no issue with JFP. I think he's a fairly gross man, but made for an entertaining player on Pearl Islands.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #30 of 719 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 233
                     
Re: Survivor 26: Caramoan – Fans Vs Favorites Premieres February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I wasn't aware that the franchise was dying, though? And if it was, I"m confused as to why the general public who had not been tuning in would suddenly tune in for JFP? Is he a household name or something? I'm legitimately confused here.

For the record, I have no issue with JFP. I think he's a fairly gross man, but made for an entertaining player on Pearl Islands.
Well it kind of was dying before they brought Hantz. They just get desperate and try something big like redemption island but that failed so I guess another polarising player?

Absolutely agree on your comment on JFP, apparently he was much more gross then what was shown on pearl islands, however his antics made it a big factor that made pearl islands so entertaining.
wtftennis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome