77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?
Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #286 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,110
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I hope it's just my poor English or an inability to recognize some sarcasm in this post, which wouldn't be the first time.

If not, you should thank the government for manipulating your parents into that horrible suspicious distraction. Otherwise, we wouldn't have you here posting.
It's not sarcasm at all.
Many children have been 'born out of wedlock' so I'm not sure what the relevance is. The government here actually wanted to introduce a 'marriage benefit' where married couples got x amount of pounds each year. Why do you think they want to promote marriage? Because it suits them to, as I said it keeps a lot of people preoccupied.

Although I did think you got the wrong idea, just because it suits the government doesn't mean I think marriage is 'horrible' or 'suspicious' but it does indeed restrict a lot of people.
I'm one of the few people who still cling on to the idea of marrying for love.

Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #287 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,901
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
It's not sarcasm at all.
Many children have been 'born out of wedlock' so I'm not sure what the relevance is. The government here actually wanted to introduce a 'marriage benefit' where married couples got x amount of pounds each year. Why do you think they want to promote marriage? Because it suits them to, as I said it keeps a lot of people preoccupied.
Preoccupied away from what?


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #288 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,110
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Preoccupied away from what?
Everything and anything.
The fact is that once they're married with kids their main concern is putting food on the table for them. You couldn't count the families where their only following of current affairs is watching half an hour of the ridiculously censored BBC news before work and maybe again in the afternoon. Politics and what the government do become of little relevance to them, they are really only concerned with their own bubble which is married family life.

Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline  
post #289 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,059
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Preoccupied away from what?
From taking the governments down and ruling the world. you're not that naive to believe that single guys would go out, drink and fuck random girls if they weren't distracted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #290 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Senior Member
 
The Witch-king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 13,134
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
... or both.

Let's face it, the most hardcore religious people are dumb as fuck quite limited intellectually hence their blind faith in all that non-sense. In most instances, while developing as a person you realise how full of hate, how illogical/not making sense every single religion is (OK, maybe there is like one or two exception but those cannot be categorised as a run-of-the-mill religion). Once you broaden your horizons and get some perspective it all falls into place.
Half the people talking about "broadening ones horizons" in this very thread are guilty the same kind of judgmental, parochial behaviour they criticise ("dumb as fuck", "an idiot" etc.).

^^^^ for all my ladies
The Witch-king is offline  
post #291 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,110
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
From taking the governments down and ruling the world. you're not that naive to believe that single guys would go out, drink and fuck random girls if they weren't distracted.
!!

Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline  
post #292 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,059
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
!!
Well, I'm sorry. I happen to see them more often than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #293 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,646
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Thank you Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
Yes of course. I think the "no because I don't support any marriage" response is even more annoying than the actual homophobic responses. Straight marriage exists and it's not going away. The discussion is about discrimination, not the institution itself.
Deserves a repost. No matter one's personal opinion on marriage it is probably going to be in our society for as long as humans are around, so the question is should gays have the same opportunity to partake in the union, regardless of whether or not YOU YOURSELF would.

XIX
Alejandrawrrr is offline  
post #294 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,110
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Well, I'm sorry. I happen to see them more often than not.
No, while your post was funny, the was because you are choosing to take the 'single male' part of the post as the main point, when it is far from it, and refusing to look at the logic of the rest. I didn't deny it was cynical but it's the reality.

Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline  
post #295 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12,960
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
Half the people talking about "broadening ones horizons" in this very thread are guilty the same kind of judgmental, parochial behaviour they criticise ("dumb as fuck", "an idiot" etc.).
Me? I don't believe that I've ever said people should broaden their horizons. I do believe that when people argue for a position, their arguments shouldn't rely on dubious premises (like the existence of God, an interpretation of the Bible that posits that homosexuality is immoral, and the inerrancy of the Bible).
Novichok is offline  
post #296 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,901
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Everything and anything.
The fact is that once they're married with kids their main concern is putting food on the table for them. You couldn't count the families where their only following of current affairs is watching half an hour of the ridiculously censored BBC news before work and maybe again in the afternoon. Politics and what the government do become of little relevance to them, they are really only concerned with their own bubble which is married family life.
So you think the promotion of the "nuclear" family is just a device to allow the state to run amuck? Thats an interesting take.

What about the Revolutionary movements that have happened though, both recently and in the past. People were still tied to families and focused on putting food on the table then. In fact, concerns with the ability to put food on the table is one of the reasons why many people around the world do revolt.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #297 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,059
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
those bets...
Deserves a repost. No matter one's personal opinion on marriage it is probably going to be in our society for as long as humans are around, so the question is should gays have the same opportunity to partake in the union, regardless of whether or not YOU YOURSELF would.
thank you. and, no matter how conservative it is, we must be realistic here. marriage is very important for kids adoption. unmarried heterosexual couples who want to adopt are discriminated. homosexual couples who want to adopt are... we need a new word for discriminated here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
No, while your post was funny, the was because you are choosing to take the 'single male' part of the post as the main point, when it is far from it, and refusing to look at the logic of the rest. I didn't deny it was cynical but it's the reality.
I understood they were the major danger for government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #298 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,901
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
Me? I don't believe that I've ever said people should broaden their horizons. I do believe that when people argue for a position, their arguments shouldn't rely on dubious premises (like the existence of God, an interpretation of the Bible that posits that homosexuality is immoral, and the inerrancy of the Bible).
Thats a specious position though, because what you consider a "dubious premise" is subjective and based on the limits of your own individual knowledge and experiences.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #299 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,512
                     
Marriages actually provide interesting financial advantages and can be better for the kids indeed...... In France, at least.

Elina Svitolina will PEAK in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Career View Post
Did you see that final? Mirnyi was absolutely useless, paralyzed by nerves and he kept feeding Bryan easy volleys with his BH return. Robson played a very good first set but became equally useless after that. So basically it was Murray vs Azarenka, and Vika won believe it or not.
debby is offline  
post #300 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,110
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
So you think the promotion of the "nuclear" family is just a device to allow the state to run amuck? Thats an interesting take.

What about the Revolutionary movements that have happened though, both recently and in the past. People were still tied to families and focused on putting food on the table then. In fact, concerns with the ability to put food on the table is one of the reasons why many people around the world do revolt.
No, I don't think it's just a device to let the state do as they please. But I do think it's a perspective that isn't to be ignored when considering the political aspects of marriage. And while everything you said is correct, if the government is providing the jobs for the food then the nuclear families will be far less likely to pay attention to whatever goes on. If they aren't doing that then they are going to get shit from all walks of life in whatever country. And I don't mean it in the sense that everything the government does is shady as fuck and they're doing it under the people's noses, in some ways it can benefit the running of the country. If there's less scrutiny yeah shady things can be slipped through but it also allows other policies to be passed more smoothly without excessive public debate over non-issues.

And I didn't mean single males as in being responsible for every revolution, I meant by and large they've been the most likely to say 'WTF? Hold on a minute here.' but definitely not the only ones.

Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome