77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?
Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
NashaMasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,580
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

there is no sane reasons not to allow two people register their relations, moreover it will settle up all this problems with inheritance etc....

BUT, adoption of children should be allowed only to heterosexual pairs, because children should have mother and father and not parent1/parent2. WHY? because no second father can substitute mother and vice versa . (ready to get a huge number of Bad Reps from those whose opinion is "the only one which is always right")

already got one from CanIGetAWhat , will continue counting )))

Maria Sharapova
Career Grand Slam Winner
Wimbledon 2004 ~ US Open 2006 ~ Australian Open 2008 ~ French Open 2012 and 2014

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

35 WTA titles , including 14 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha; Feb 3rd, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
NashaMasha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,512
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

What about these orphan kids ?
These single moms/dads raising their kid?
Step family and no bounds with the father/mother who is gone ? etc etc

Elina Svitolina will PEAK in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Career View Post
Did you see that final? Mirnyi was absolutely useless, paralyzed by nerves and he kept feeding Bryan easy volleys with his BH return. Robson played a very good first set but became equally useless after that. So basically it was Murray vs Azarenka, and Vika won believe it or not.
debby is offline  
post #198 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
NashaMasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,580
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesborah View Post
What about these orphan kids ?
These single moms/dads raising their kid?
Step family and no bounds with the father/mother who is gone ? etc etc

these are great problems of contemporary world , why should government make the matter worse? My mother had stepfather , it's different situation ... i don't think she would have liked to have second mother instead of stepfather ....

my first word in my life was "Мама" (mother) .... not "Parent number 1" , i think yours too

Maria Sharapova
Career Grand Slam Winner
Wimbledon 2004 ~ US Open 2006 ~ Australian Open 2008 ~ French Open 2012 and 2014

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

35 WTA titles , including 14 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline  
post #199 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,512
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
these are great problems of contemporary world , why should government make the matter worse? My mother had stepfather , it's different situation ... i don't think she would have liked to have second mother instead of stepfather ....

my first word in my life was "Мама" (mother) .... not "Parent number 1" , i think yours too
No, they would just call them "dad" and "dad" or "mom" "mommy"..
What about these parents who beat up their kids ? that's not a problem of our current world as it has always existed. Really, as long as a family provides some love and care and all to the kids, where is the problem? they will have maternal and/or paternal figures in their entourage so

Elina Svitolina will PEAK in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Career View Post
Did you see that final? Mirnyi was absolutely useless, paralyzed by nerves and he kept feeding Bryan easy volleys with his BH return. Robson played a very good first set but became equally useless after that. So basically it was Murray vs Azarenka, and Vika won believe it or not.
debby is offline  
post #200 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 14,285
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
these are great problems of contemporary world , why should government make the matter worse? My mother had stepfather , it's different situation ... i don't think she would have liked to have second mother instead of stepfather ....

my first word in my life was "Мама" (mother) .... not "Parent number 1" , i think yours too
No, I would hope that your mother would have preferred a life that is happy no matter who raised her.

You are out of control, and obviously a hateful idiot. If two loving people are committed to providing a home to a child who doesn't have one, the government - and narrow-minded people like yourself - shouldn't get in the way of that. Apparently for all the bullshit you spew about how a mother-father family is best for children, you have not thought at all about what you rob other children who are being offered homes by same-sex couples.
shap_half is offline  
post #201 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Ferg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Petkoland
Posts: 13,132
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
If Tomas would take your closeted ass you'd be out campaigning for gay marriage right now.

________________________________________________
"I think if people ask, How is Marion Bartoli? They will always respond, She's a nice person. That's what I'm most proud of..
Ferg is offline  
post #202 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
NashaMasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,580
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
No, I would hope that your mother would have preferred a life that is happy no matter who raised her.

You are out of control, and obviously a hateful idiot. If two loving people are committed to providing a home to a child who doesn't have one, the government - and narrow-minded people like yourself - shouldn't get in the way of that. Apparently for all the bullshit you spew about how a mother-father family is best for children, you have not thought at all about what you rob other children who are being offered homes by same-sex couples.
go and ask 4 y,o children in the orphanage about who are they waiting for ? do you really think they want father + father? I'm sure they are dreaming about the mother which will very soon pick them up, it's natural. Why should government force them get parents of the same sex, why should government force these children be deprived of having mother ever? Just to give them better conditions and a roof for living?

Maria Sharapova
Career Grand Slam Winner
Wimbledon 2004 ~ US Open 2006 ~ Australian Open 2008 ~ French Open 2012 and 2014

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

35 WTA titles , including 14 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha; Feb 3rd, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
NashaMasha is offline  
post #203 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,286
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
go and ask 4 y,o children in the orphanage about who are they waiting for ? do you really think they want father + father? I'm sure they are dreaming about the mother which will very soon pick them up, it's natural.
Possibly, because society has pushed images of the "ideal" "nuclear family" at every turn (Though if you told a little orphan that his parents will be two women or two men he would not be disgusted and refuse, he would be happy to finally have a family). But logically that's not good enough of a reason to deny gay couples from adopting. JUST LIKE IN THE OTHER THREAD you have no scientific basis for your claims. Because every scientific study done on same-sex parents has found that the children of same-sex parents are just as happy and well-adjusted as children of opposite-sex parents. And actually, if I recall, one actually found that children of two women are MORE adjusted and happy on average than children of any other parents. But I know this was a waste of a post, because scientific studies aren't going to convince you of anything. It just "feels wrong" to you so all the many, many scientists, behavioral specialists and child psychologists in the world that agree with me won't make you budge an inch. And that is where, thankfully, most Western governments are moving towards a logical approach towards gay rights, and not an approach based on whether random straight people "feel" that gays should be equal.

And again, if you told a 4 year old his parents are going to be two women or two men you are LYING if you are trying to say he or she would refuse. Orphans want loving families, they aren't going to thumb their noses at a chance. Because, guess what: homophobia is a learned trait. A 4 year old doesn't think gays are strange or gross.
dybbuk is offline  
post #204 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12,959
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
go and ask 4 y,o children in the orphanage about who are they waiting for ? do you really think they want father + father? I'm sure they are dreaming about the mother which will very soon pick them up, it's natural. Why should government force them get parents of the same sex, why should government force these children be deprived of having mother ever? Just to give them better conditions and a roof for living?
What do you think a 4 y.o. child in an orphanage would choose: staying there indefinitely or being adopted (regardless of the gender of the parents)?
Novichok is offline  
post #205 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 14,285
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
go and ask 4 y,o children in the orphanage about who are they waiting for ? do you really think they want father + father? I'm sure they are dreaming about the mother which will very soon pick them up, it's natural. Why should government force them get parents of the same sex, why should government force these children be deprived of having mother ever? Just to give them better conditions and a roof for living?
No, it's not natural, it's social. They've been taught to think that an ideal family situation involves a mother and a father. But you know what is natural for a four year-old, to want a family, any family. If you asked a child if she or he would prefer a family with same-sex parents or no family at all, what do you think that child would say? That's the rub, isn't it, NashaMasha, is that you are more concerned with robbing homeless children of opportunities for homes because you're stuck on a one-dimensional idea of what would constitute a healthy family set-up.

You don't actually have any tangible, natural proof that what you say is right in all cases.

This isn't about doing what's best for children. This is about you and your prejudice.
shap_half is offline  
post #206 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
NashaMasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,580
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
What do you think a 4 y.o. child in an orphanage would choose: staying there indefinitely or being adopted (regardless of the gender of the parents)?
depends on the age of child and how much is he socially organized . By the way the main problem is adoption of older children . 7-8 y.o children are aware of what is homosexual/heterosexual and may be heavily opposed to anything related to homosexuality....

as for scientifical juiced researches ..... it's always laughable , becuase for 10 positive reasearches can be found 10 negative , when we speak about psychology( not only.... global warming for instance )))

Maria Sharapova
Career Grand Slam Winner
Wimbledon 2004 ~ US Open 2006 ~ Australian Open 2008 ~ French Open 2012 and 2014

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

35 WTA titles , including 14 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline  
post #207 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,814
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
depends on the age of child and how much is he socially organized . By the way the main problem is adoption of older children . 7-8 y.o children are aware of what is homosexual/heterosexual and may be heavily opposed to anything related to homosexuality....

as for scientifical juiced researches ..... it's always laughable , becuase for 10 positive reasearches can be found 10 negative , when we speak about psychology( not only.... global warming for instance )))
anyone would prefer to be loved and to live with loving parents, and you completely understand that, don't play fool
Sergius is offline  
post #208 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,901
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
No, it's not natural, it's social. They've been taught to think that an ideal family situation involves a mother and a father. But you know what is natural for a four year-old, to want a family, any family. If you asked a child if she or he would prefer a family with same-sex parents or no family at all, what do you think that child would say? That's the rub, isn't it, NashaMasha, is that you are more concerned with robbing homeless children of opportunities for homes because you're stuck on a one-dimensional idea of what would constitute a healthy family set-up.

You don't actually have any tangible, natural proof that what you say is right in all cases.

This isn't about doing what's best for children. This is about you and your prejudice.
Is the social not natural though, being a circumstance of natural environment? I agree with your other points, though. I just think that the natural/social distinction is a bad one.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #209 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12,959
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Is the social not natural though, being a circumstance of natural environment? I agree with your other points, though. I just think that the natural/social distinction is a bad one.
I thought by natural, he meant "innate".
Novichok is offline  
post #210 of 393 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:18 PM
you look so good...fantastic man
 
heavyhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,613
                     
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

I do support it just because I don't care about Christianity or even marriage at all. I do understand the argument that marriage was actually a thing invented for a man and a woman - two of the same was not it's purpose and is pointless to the concept etc etc. But it's a free country and banning anyone from doing something purely because of their sexual orientation is wrong in my opinion and a slippery slope. That kind of logic does not support equality and isn't a strong enough reason to BAN people from doing something. Also marriage can be useful for legal purposes too which I believe everyone should be entitled to and nowadays is the only reason people get married in the first place - not to get married in 'the eyes of god' but to secure themselves financially for whatever reason (as well as showing they are in love and will be loyal etc).

sharapova venus bencic and barthel
heavyhorse is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome