Paraguay's president removed from office - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Nicolás89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 19,977
                     
Paraguay's president removed from office

By the parlament & it took them only 1 day.
Although he had it coming democracy lost today!

LEGEND. Nicole. Caro. Aga. Sloane. Taylor.
Nicolás89 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 36,093
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Interesting. What is going on? I had heard nothing, but probably wasn't paying attention.
edificio is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 02:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Milito22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,712
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

the long arm of the CIA
Milito22 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Nicolás89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 19,977
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
Interesting. What is going on? I had heard nothing, but probably wasn't paying attention.
I think they were having problems because the president practically made the order of & according to the people is responsible for the deaths of 17 people who were protesting against him.

LEGEND. Nicole. Caro. Aga. Sloane. Taylor.
Nicolás89 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 34,223
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

I had high hopes for him when he first came to power
Hayato is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Milito22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,712
                     
Thumbs up Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
I think they were having problems because the president practically made the order of & according to the people is responsible for the deaths of 17 people who were protesting against him.
it's no true!, a Judge sent police to evict farmers from the land of landowners, economic groups, military and right-wing parties are the government right now , if someone read the Capital of Karl Marx, remember "the enclosures" of the process of land enclosure in England, it's the same situation

Paraguay will be isolated economically, no South American country recognized the new government
Milito22 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Nicolás89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 19,977
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il capo dei capi View Post
it's no true!, a Judge sent police to evict farmers from the land of landowners, economic groups, military and right-wing parties are the government right now , if someone read the Capital of Karl Marx, remember "the enclosures" of the process of land enclosure in England, it's the same situation

Paraguay will be isolated economically, no South American country recognized the new government
OK, but the goverment controls police.

And yes to the last part & it is such a shame because they were doing so well economically.

LEGEND. Nicole. Caro. Aga. Sloane. Taylor.
Nicolás89 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Milito22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,712
                     
Thumbs up Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
OK, but the goverment controls police.

And yes to the last part & it is such a shame because they were doing so well economically.
lol no, Federal Judge has the control, but c'mon military and police are supposed "to protect" people but are a serious threats to democracy
Milito22 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Nicolás89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 19,977
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il capo dei capi View Post
lol no, Federal Judge has the control, but c'mon military and police are supposed "to protect" people but are a serious threats to democracy
Oh I thought it was the same as here.

LEGEND. Nicole. Caro. Aga. Sloane. Taylor.
Nicolás89 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 36,093
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

This is pretty interesting about the enclosure situation. The tv network news in the U.S. has said nothing on this situation.
edificio is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Milito22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,712
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
This is pretty interesting about the enclosure situation. The tv network news in the U.S. has said nothing on this situation.
lol , sure, owners of the media and newspapers have many interests there, the biggest landowners are from USA

Monday 23 October 2006
Jenna Bush, daughter of Laura and George W Bush went to Paraguay to buy over 100,000 acres of land not too long ago. It was kept quiet. Such land, rich in natural gas and water aquifers seems the thing to do.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006...on.tomphillips
Milito22 is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,993
                     
Re: Paraguay's president removed from office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il capo dei capi View Post
lol , sure, owners of the media and newspapers have many interests there, the biggest landowners are from USA

Monday 23 October 2006
Jenna Bush, daughter of Laura and George W Bush went to Paraguay to buy over 100,000 acres of land not too long ago. It was kept quiet. Such land, rich in natural gas and water aquifers seems the thing to do.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006...on.tomphillips
Maybe, but check this out:

The Mennonites, who include the traditional Amish sect of Pennsylvania, believe in a strict interpretation of the bible and often seek isolation in remote areas. But the Chaco land rush, which has seen prices rise from under $10 a hectare to over $200 in a few years, has made the sect worth at least $500m.

- John Vidal in Filadelfia , guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 5 October 2010 21.41 BST



In Filadelfia, Mennonite teenagers barrel down roads outside town in new Nissan pickup trucks. Banks advertise loans for cattle traders. Gas stations sell chewing tobacco and beers like Coors Light. An annual rodeo lures visitors from across Paraguay.

Patrick Friesen, communications manager for a Mennonite cooperative in Filadelfia, said property prices had surged fivefold in recent years. “A plot of land in town costs more than in downtown Asunción,” said Mr. Friesen, attributing the boom partly to surging global demand for beef.

“Eighty-five percent of our beef is exported, to places including South Africa, Russia and Gabon,” he said. Citing concerns in some countries over foot-and-mouth disease, which Paraguay detected in its cattle herd in 2011, he continued, “We are currently focused on some of the less-demanding markets.”


- By SIMON ROMERO nytimes.com Published: March 24, 2012
PhilePhile is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome