What DVD have you just bought? - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,256
                     
What DVD have you just bought?



My local used DVD store yesterday had a sale, 18th anniversary.

So I bought like 23 movies for $87 (of course selling 4 dvd boxes helped )

You can see my preferences of genre by browsing them

Comedy;

DEAR LEMON LINA
TENURE (Gretchen Mol)
WIN A DATE WITH TAD HAMILTON
DORM DAZE 2(hooked by the cover photo )
PRINCESS DIARIES (Andrews, Hathaway)
REAL BLONDE
LOVE WRECKED (Amanda Bynes)
THE KILLERS(2010) (Heigl)
TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT (Anna Faris)

Classics;
WIFE VERSUS SECRETARY(Gable, Harlow, Loy, Stewart)
JEAN-LUC GODARD 3-DISK COLLECTION
THE LAW (Gina Lollobridiga! )

Action;
MUMMY TOMB OF THE DRAGON
INTERNATIONAL (Watts)

Drama;
ADAM (Rose Byrne)
ATONEMENT (that cute Saoirse Ronan )
A GOOD YEAR (Cotillard)
WHISTLEBLOWER (Weisz, Bellucci)
TITUS

Musical;
Nine (Cotillard, Hudson..)

R rated

THE QUIET (Elisha Cuthbert, Camilla Belle)
THE NURSES COLLECTION
DARK RISING (Also hooked by the sexy cover photo)
fantic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
The Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,234
 
Re: What DVD have you just bought?

I bought Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 on Blu Ray yesterday. I don't even really like either movie, but they were on sale $7.50 apiece.

About half of my DVD/Blu Ray collection is comprised of garbage that I bought just because they were super cheap. Must. Stop. Doing. It.
The Prophet is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,256
                     
Re: What DVD have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
I bought Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 on Blu Ray yesterday. I don't even really like either movie, but they were on sale $7.50 apiece.

About half of my DVD/Blu Ray collection is comprised of garbage that I bought just because they were super cheap. Must. Stop. Doing. It.
yeah me too.

Does playing Blue Ray require special equipment? Always was curious about that Can you play it on your laptop?
fantic is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
tennisboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,780
                     
Re: What DVD have you just bought?

I got The Terminator Trilogy with all the extras I am in heaven. Also got Lost In Translation last week which was brilliant

Lindsay Davenport

98 US Open/99 Wimbledon/00 Australian Open
Atlanta 96 Singles Gold Medallist

Year end world number 1 98/01/04/05
tennisboi is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 06:54 PM
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 36,373
                     
Re: What DVD have you just bought?



Comes with: The Man Who Laughs, The Penalty, The Cat and the Canary, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Kingdom of Shadows

Got it for $10. Well worth it
saul1333 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Senior Member
 
The Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,234
 
Re: What DVD have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
yeah me too.

Does playing Blue Ray require special equipment? Always was curious about that Can you play it on your laptop?
I think some newer laptop computers come Blu-ray compatible, but a regular laptop would require some kind of equipment upgrade. Also, game consoles like Playstation 3 can play Blu-rays.
The Prophet is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,256
                     
Re: What DVD have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisboi View Post
I got The Terminator Trilogy with all the extras I am in heaven. Also got Lost In Translation last week which was brilliant
ooh I quite liked LIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1333 View Post


Comes with: The Man Who Laughs, The Penalty, The Cat and the Canary, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Kingdom of Shadows

Got it for $10. Well worth it
Didn't know you were also a classic movie fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
I think some newer laptop computers come Blu-ray compatible, but a regular laptop would require some kind of equipment upgrade. Also, game consoles like Playstation 3 can play Blu-rays.
oh I see, thx
fantic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome