Has anyone been watching this series.
I personally find it crap tbh, I'll go through all the issues I have with it. I've quite a few.
1 - Too many characters
- for a 4 episode mini series they have WAY too many characters to keep up with, I actually keep forgetting who certain people are and what their story is tbh.
2 - Format
- I find the way we get say 3 stories every episode too confusing and disjointed, if they had focused on only 3 stories (one an episode) and then a finale I think it would have worked better than it has.
3 - Character development
- Well there is NONE, this goes back to their being too many characters in the first place, no wonder I have no idea about any of the people, this essentially means I don't care who lives or dies in the end.
4 - Realism
- heck this seems more unrealistic than Cameron's film, the Irish wife and Eastern European guy's storyline is possibly the most ridiculous of all the storylines, this is probably because there has been no development of the "relationship" at all, a few glances and her turning up at the Anglican service is all we see of those two before they are making out on deck. Not to mention that murderer sub plot or whatever the story is with him.
5 - Production value
- ok I get that the film was such an epic the series would never have a similar budget but really nothing about the sets gives me a WOW feeling, it just seems like some random ship tbh.
6 - Acting
- Maria Doyle Kennedy is totally underutilized whereas we have to put up with other mediocre actors/actresses like the Lady's maid and the Butler who are average at best.
I'd like to know what other thought of it.
One storyline I liked was the one between Annie and the Italian waiter, probably since I'm a sucker for a love story
Also Annie seems like a main character despite the idea of the show being that no character is really a main character, it seems she appears substantially each episode but we only get her story in episode 3.
I really hope Titanic: Blood and Steel will be better when it comes out soon because frankly ITV's Downton-at-Sea concept here doesn't work imo.