I'm debating if I should get one.
Is Kindle work in Australia? What are pros and cons? Does it have free books like other eBook readers with classic books?
Yes, it works in Australia.
- It's light and small. You can read wherever you want without having to carry a heavy book around.
- You can have a library of books in your hands!
- You can change the size of the font and orientation of pages. Things you can't do with a book.
- You can look up the built-in dictionary for words if you're on the road.
- The quality of eBooks may not be the best especially the translated ones. Luckily, there are many versions of famous books so you will just to have to shop around. Not sure about contemporary books but they should be ok in this regard.
I have trouble reading text from my phone and computer screens, my vision gets blurry after a while.
Should I get a kindle?
Well lucky for you, text on kindle is nothing like text on phone or computer screens. It's like this:
It looks exactly like a page from a book.
Yes, I think you should get it. If you do, just get the basic wi-fi one, it has a longer battery life and cheaper.