Dexter - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 819 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2010, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MH0861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,279
                     
Re: Dexter

LaGuerta was awesome in Season 1 when she was a stone cold bitch to Deb, I can't stand her storyline with "An-yel" anymore
MH0861 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 819 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Shinjiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: France
Posts: 3,319
                     
Re: Dexter

I think it was a set-up for Peter Weller. But if there's actually more to it, now that could be good.



Caroline Garcia ● Ana Ivanović ● Sabine Lisicki ● Sorana Cirstea ● Samantha Stosur ● Julia Görges


Shinjiro is offline  
post #138 of 819 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,457
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy. View Post
He wasn't gross before and certainly isn't gross looking now. I happen to prefer the new look, while you liked the old one. I am not judging your opinion and you shouldn't judge mine.
Stating that he looks manorexic now, and that you dig somebody who looks manorexic, is not a judgment; it's a combination of facts and opinion. It's also not a judgment to make a leap and assume that because you dig one particular manorexic looking guy, that you might just be into that sort of thing; that would be an assumption. An example of a judgment would be telling you that it's wrong to like your dudes manorexic, which would be the complete opposite of what I actually did. Keep up. Or stop using words like "judgment" incorrectly. Whichever is easier.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #139 of 819 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Edward.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,473
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjiro View Post
I think it was a set-up for Peter Weller. But if there's actually more to it, now that could be good.
Dexter vs. Robocop. Excellent

Maria Sharapova


Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline  
post #140 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MH0861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,279
                     
Re: Dexter

Excellent episode tonight, felt like the old Dexter for the first time this season
MH0861 is offline  
post #141 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 04:12 AM
Senior Member
 
skanky~skanketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not paradise thats fo sho
Posts: 15,453
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy. View Post
I for one think Quinn looks much better now than in the previous seasons. Losing all that flab has allowed him to take his shirt off several times this season, something he never did before. His face has all this structure that was hidden behind all that fat. I am glad he lost the extra pounds.
Really? I liked him so much more with all his "fat". I don't particularly like the gaunt chiseled look.

skanky~skanketta is offline  
post #142 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 06:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Wally.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Down a rabbit hole
Posts: 33,539
                     
Re: Dexter

Julia Stiles can't act to save her life. There's a reason she used to be in major films and is now a guest star on a cable TV show. She is ruining the season!

P.O.GovortsovaA.IvanovićS.WilliamsA.RadwańskaM.RybárikováA.BeckP.KvitováB.Jovanovski
D.KasatkinaKa.PlíškováD.VekićE.KulichkovaP.CetkovskáA.KerberD.CibulkováA.Pavlyuchenkova

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2015 US Open; 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Singles Champion: 2015 100k Poitiers; 2011 25k Mildura
My Twitter
Wally. is offline  
post #143 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
 
skanky~skanketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not paradise thats fo sho
Posts: 15,453
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Julia Stiles can't act to save her life. There's a reason she used to be in major films and is now a guest star on a cable TV show. She is ruining the season!
She's not that bad! And if you think about it, she was pretty good in her movies. I mean, there has to be a reason for that too because she's not exactly the prettiest girl out there.

I think they should have picked LiLo for Dexter!

skanky~skanketta is offline  
post #144 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,457
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Julia Stiles can't act to save her life. There's a reason she used to be in major films and is now a guest star on a cable TV show. She is ruining the season!
Dustin Hoffman will be coming to HBO net year. Not to imply that Stiles has ever been at Hoffman's level. Just sayin'. There are numerous reasons to do a cable show, aside from "not good enough for movies". You'll be hard pressed to find better actors than guys like Hamm and MCH, both "just" cable actors. Oh, and Mary Louise Parker says Hi. Also "just" a cable actor. And I don't know if you've noticed, but the last few guest stars they've pulled on Dexter have been absolutely top notch. Jon Lithgow? Jimmy Smits? Seriously. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You are entitled not to like Stiles, plenty of others would agree with you, but to imply that she ended up on Dexter because nobody thinks she's any good any more is just dumb.

Last edited by Crazy Canuck; Nov 1st, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #145 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Edward.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,473
                     
Re: Dexter

This season has been a big letdown so far

I think it has everything to do with the fact Stiles is a very, very, very long way from being close to Lithgow's level.

Maria Sharapova


Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline  
post #146 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
Rise up from ignorance
 
Monzanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,153
                     
Re: Dexter

Lithgow has set the ultimate standard which wouldn't be matched no matter who'd they picked as the next main sidekick. But quite frankly Lila has been better in S2 then Stiles is now. Her plot is admittedly a slow mover

Maria Sharapova: Mind Over Matter
FITD: Winner - Portoroz 2010, Tashkent 2011, Istanbul YEC 2011; Suicide: Winner - Fes 2011, Memphis 2012, Nuernberg 2013, Sofia TOC 2013, Hobart 2015, Tianjin 2015
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14, Hong Kong 25k '16
Monzanator is offline  
post #147 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Wally.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Down a rabbit hole
Posts: 33,539
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Dustin Hoffman will be coming to HBO net year. Not to imply that Stiles has ever been at Hoffman's level. Just sayin'. There are numerous reasons to do a cable show, aside from "not good enough for movies". You'll be hard pressed to find better actors than guys like Hamm and MCH, both "just" cable actors. Oh, and Mary Louise Parker says Hi. Also "just" a cable actor. And I don't know if you've noticed, but the last few guest stars they've pulled on Dexter have been absolutely top notch. Jon Lithgow? Jimmy Smits? Seriously. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You are entitled not to like Stiles, plenty of others would agree with you, but to imply that she ended up on Dexter because nobody thinks she's any good any more is just dumb.
On the contrary. Because it's Dexter, I would have thought they could have found someone better.

P.O.GovortsovaA.IvanovićS.WilliamsA.RadwańskaM.RybárikováA.BeckP.KvitováB.Jovanovski
D.KasatkinaKa.PlíškováD.VekićE.KulichkovaP.CetkovskáA.KerberD.CibulkováA.Pavlyuchenkova

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2015 US Open; 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Singles Champion: 2015 100k Poitiers; 2011 25k Mildura
My Twitter
Wally. is offline  
post #148 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,457
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Lithgow has set the ultimate standard which wouldn't be matched no matter who'd they picked as the next main sidekick. But quite frankly Lila has been better in S2 then Stiles is now. Her plot is admittedly a slow mover
Blasphemy. The entire Lila arc was awful, and the actress that played her was terrible. Season 2 was good for Doakes vs Dexter. Until, well, how that was resolved; I'm not going to go full spoiler mode, some people may have missed Season 2. Let's just say it was dumb and a bit too tidy.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #149 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2010, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,457
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
On the contrary. Because it's Dexter, I would have thought they could have found someone better.
Oh. Well, that makes more sense.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #150 of 819 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2010, 04:03 AM
Senior Member
 
skanky~skanketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not paradise thats fo sho
Posts: 15,453
                     
Re: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Blasphemy. The entire Lila arc was awful, and the actress that played her was terrible. Season 2 was good for Doakes vs Dexter. Until, well, how that was resolved; I'm not going to go full spoiler mode, some people may have missed Season 2. Let's just say it was dumb and a bit too tidy.
I disagree. I thought the Lila arc was wonderful, and the actress was pretty good.

skanky~skanketta is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome