Re: I'm in San Francisco!
Used to live there. How much time do you have? Gosh, so many places...
- Cool neighborhoods to go for a walk: Fillmore St.(Pacific Heights), Union St.(Cow Hollow), Chestnut St.(Marina)
- Take the MUNI (above ground trolley car) from the Embarcadero(good place to lunch during the week) to Fisherman's Wharf(fun but a bit touristy)
- Walk along the marina from Fisherman's Wharf to the Marina green
- Take the cable car from Fisherman's Wharf to Union Square, great shopping district
- Drive down Lombard Street(crookedest street, forget where it stars) if you have a car, take the cable car there if you don't, great view
- If you have a car, drive up to Twin Peaks at night, amazing view of San Francisco
- Some of our favorite restaurants:
Thai: Yukol Place, 2380 Lombard Street (Marina)
Sushi: Toraya, 1914 Fillmore St. (Pacific Heights)
Mexican: Cha Cha Cha, 1801 Haight St.(Haight-Ashbury)
Singaporean: Strait's Cafe, 845 Market St. (downtown)
Vietnamese: the Slanted Door, 1 Ferry Building
Italian: boy, so many!! Go to North Beach. I used to love the calzones at, where else? Calzone's!
Gourmet Burgers: Barney's Burger, 3344 Steiner St. (Marina)
Oh don't miss this: have a martini at dusk at the Carnelian Room, it's at the top of the Bank of America building, 555 California St.. and watch the lights come on! Amazing view.