Bravo confirms 'Project Runway 4' to debut November 14, reveals cast
By Christopher Rocchio, 09/27/2007
Apparently Heidi Klum was right all along. A month after Klum first announced it
and Bravo denied it, the network has formally confirmed that Project Runway's
fourth season will premiere on Wednesday, November 14 at 10PM ET/PT and revealed the identities of the season's 15 contestants.
Production on Project Runway 4 began earlier this year
when Bravo announced the Emmy-nominated reality competition series would not air as part of its Summer 2007 programming schedule and was instead scheduled to premiere
in late 2007.
"Watch the new season of Project Runway
beginning Wednesday, November 14th, only on Bravo (check your local listings)," Klum posted on her personal website last month. "I consider it to be our best season yet
However when contacted to confirm Klum's announcement, a Bravo spokesperson told Reality TV World the network still planned to debut Project Runway 4
in the "fourth quarter" and added an exact premiere date had not yet been determined.
"Maybe [Klum] knows more than us, but I don't think so," the spokesperson told Reality TV World.
Project Runway 4
isn't the first time that Bravo has guardedly handled a Project Runway
edition premiere date.
Last year, a Project Runway 2
DVD advertisement published in the April 2007 issue of Video Business teased
that the second season's DVD release would come "just in time for the TV premiere of Season 3, airing July 12 on Bravo." However despite the ad, a Bravo spokesperson reached by Reality TV World at the time would still only confirm that Project Runway 3
would definitely air in the summer. Six weeks later, Bravo officially announced
July 12 as Project Runway 3's
Like its first three editions, Project Runway's
fourth season will once again be hosted by Klum and feature clothing designer Michael Kors and Elle Magazine
fashion director Nina Garcia as part of the show's judging panel. Fashion guru Tim Gunn will also return and help guide the contestants through the competition.
The 15 contestants competing on Project Runway 4
- Carmen Webber, a 37-year-old from Charlotte, NC
- Chris March, a 44-year-old from San Francisco, CA
- Christina "Kit" Scarbo, a 26-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
- Christian Siriano, a 21-year-old from Annapolis, MD
- Elisa Jimenez, a 42-year-old from El Paso, TX
- Jack Mackenroth, a 38-year-old from Seattle, WA
- Jillian Lewis, a 26-year-old from Long Island, NY
- Kathleen "Sweet P" Vaughn, a 46-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
- Kevin Christiana, a 30-year-old from Fairfield, NJ
- Marion Lee, a 39-year-old from Tyler, TX
- Rami Kashov, a 31-year-old from Ramallah, Jerusalem
- Ricky Lizalde, a 35-year-old from Escondido, CA
- Simone LeBlanc, a 32-year-old from San Francisco, CA
- Steven Rosengard, a 30-year-old from Chicago, IL
- Victorya Hong, a 34-year-old from Winchester, VA
Bravo had previously revealed March, Lewis, Scarbo and Vaughn during promotional clips that aired during recent Wednesday night broadcasts of Top Chef 3 Miami