If someone put me on their ignore list.. - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
twight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: home sweet home
Posts: 14,275
                     
If someone put me on their ignore list..

... would they still be able to read my pm's?

Sadly, the only person that will know who I'm talking about will be unable to read this because they're a whiny, juvenile piece of poop... hehehe

I used to list my favorite tennis players here...
...then they all retired.
I used to keep track of my rankings in fantasy games here...
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
country flag M2k
Poetic at Heart
 
M2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Gemini Sky
Posts: 3,584
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Lindsay View Post
... would they still be able to read my pm's?

Sadly, the only person that will know who I'm talking about will be unable to read this because they're a whiny, juvenile piece of poop... hehehe

only if someone quotes your post...quotes are always visible to anyone.


btw I wonder if there is a way to know who has you on ignored and such It'll make for an interesting thread to say the least.
M2k is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM
country flag M2k
Poetic at Heart
 
M2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Gemini Sky
Posts: 3,584
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

opps sorry I just realized you said pm...maybe if you have someone pm that other person with you words as a quote I wonder who has me on ignored??
M2k is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 10:40 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 27,279
 
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

I believe they can't see your PMs or reps.

They will, however, still be able to see this thread title - even if they choose not to open it.
Kart is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 10:49 PM
country flag M2k
Poetic at Heart
 
M2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Gemini Sky
Posts: 3,584
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
I believe they can't see your PMs or reps.

They will, however, still be able to see this thread title - even if they choose not to open it.

very interesting...Kart as an Admi are you able to see someone's ignored list?
M2k is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
twight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: home sweet home
Posts: 14,275
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
I believe they can't see your PMs or reps.

They will, however, still be able to see this thread title - even if they choose not to open it.
That's stupid... so i could call someone a piece of sh** "see-you-next-tuesday" bag through pm and then ignore them, and they couldn't even pm me back?

Okay thanks!

I used to list my favorite tennis players here...
...then they all retired.
I used to keep track of my rankings in fantasy games here...
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 11:37 PM
A Young Troubadour.
 
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: With Kristy Lee.
Posts: 16,367
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Who blocked you Thomas?

Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
Cat's Pajamas is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
twight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: home sweet home
Posts: 14,275
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Who blocked you Thomas?
Sha_ra_po_va... I called them an ignorant something or other becuase they asked about rezai.... then they called me something and criticized lindsay, then told me i was now on their ignore list!! Before I even got a chance to defend Lindsay!!!

Soooo juvenile....

I used to list my favorite tennis players here...
...then they all retired.
I used to keep track of my rankings in fantasy games here...
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
 
!<blocparty>!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: LAX, JFK & LHR.
Posts: 21,942
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Lolz.

Unforunately, you're still table to see threads created by those on your ignore list and their posts show up in quotes. They'll also appear on your User CP too.

Women's tennis sucks.
~


Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 27,279
 
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Lindsay View Post
That's stupid... so i could call someone a piece of sh** "see-you-next-tuesday" bag through pm and then ignore them, and they couldn't even pm me back?

Okay thanks!
I wouldn't advise trying that .
Kart is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
twight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: home sweet home
Posts: 14,275
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
I wouldn't advise trying that .
i know I never would, just a thought

I used to list my favorite tennis players here...
...then they all retired.
I used to keep track of my rankings in fantasy games here...
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Senior Member
 
angele87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 15,226
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Lindsay View Post
Sha_ra_po_va... I called them an ignorant something or other becuase they asked about rezai.... then they called me something and criticized lindsay, then told me i was now on their ignore list!! Before I even got a chance to defend Lindsay!!!

Soooo juvenile....
The most mature thing you can do is just ignore him/her and be the bigger person. Engaging in a petty war of worlds over who's favorite is better brings you down to his/her level. I'm going to guess you're just a little young because you sound otherwise quite smart, just lacking a little experience. That's not to critisize because I'm not so old myself and I've been there, done that and trust me, it's not worth it. Some people just want attention and like to cause trouble so by fighting with them, you're feeding into that and essentially giving them what they want. They want to get you upset and frustrated and they've already won a little bit with the creation of this thread so I would suggest not pushing it any further.

edit: Also if you receive any really troubling PM's or messages in the rep area, you can report them to an admin/mod via PM and if it's offensive enough they have the power to take action.

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. - Ambrose Bierce

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
twight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: home sweet home
Posts: 14,275
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by angele87 View Post
The most mature thing you can do is just ignore him/her and be the bigger person. Engaging in a petty war of worlds over who's favorite is better brings you down to his/her level. I'm going to guess you're just a little young because you sound otherwise quite smart, just lacking a little experience. That's not to critisize because I'm not so old myself and I've been there, done that and trust me, it's not worth it. Some people just want attention and like to cause trouble so by fighting with them, you're feeding into that and essentially giving them what they want. They want to get you upset and frustrated and they've already won a little bit with the creation of this thread so I would suggest not pushing it any further.

edit: Also if you receive any really troubling PM's or messages in the rep area, you can report them to an admin/mod via PM and if it's offensive enough they have the power to take action.



Believe me, I'd never get into a "war of words" with anyone, I'm definitely more mature than that lol. I just found it upsetting that out of nowhere he went after Lindsay, when I've NEVER been one to attack anyone because of the favorite player they have chosen.

Anyway, i appreciate the advice and the compliments. WTAWorld needs more yous lol.

I used to list my favorite tennis players here...
...then they all retired.
I used to keep track of my rankings in fantasy games here...
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Senior Member
 
angele87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 15,226
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Lindsay View Post


Believe me, I'd never get into a "war of words" with anyone, I'm definitely more mature than that lol. I just found it upsetting that out of nowhere he went after Lindsay, when I've NEVER been one to attack anyone because of the favorite player they have chosen.

Anyway, i appreciate the advice and the compliments. WTAWorld needs more yous lol.
You're very welcome I totally understand you being upset but you shouldn't let this person get to you. This person sounds sort of a random, not somebody who's a friend or even an acquaintance, so right there you shouldn't let some stranger get to you personally because they don't even know you so they shouldn't be able to tell you anything to upset you. Second thing is, try and choose the people who are able to upset you. If there's somebody you don't like for whatever reason, their opinion shouldn't matter to you. I've dealt with many an idiot in my time and they used to upset me until I stepped back and thought, wait a minute here, this is a person who I clearly think is stupid, so how come their opinios/thoughts mean anything to me? And they really cut down on me having emotional responses to people who are only looking for trouble.

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. - Ambrose Bierce

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Senior Member
 
angele87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 15,226
                     
Re: If someone put me on their ignore list..

Also, utilize the ignore button to your advantage. I can only speak for myself but I'm a little over sensitive and certain things ( be they politically or social issues, or even the topic of certain tennis players) arouse strong emotions in me. I used to get involved in a lot of petty arguements around here until I realized that I didn't need that. This forum is supposed to be fun but I couldn't get over the comments that some people were making. I've enjoyed this place so much more since I put people on that list. At first, you're going to click the option that allows you to read their posts anyway but eventually you just skip over their posts and everything is so much better. There are smart people on this board, many of whom I disagree with on certain things, but then there are also those who will say anything to push your buttons and really just enjoy fighting/arguing and those are the ones you need to ignore.

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. - Ambrose Bierce

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome