Notes On a Scandal - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sally Struthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UnattractiveOn the inside
Posts: 10,984
                     
Notes On a Scandal

Has anyone seen this? I netflixed it tonight and thought it was ok but have a question... am I the only one who thought it was hilarious despite trying to be serious? Like a dark comedy? Maybe I'm wrong

Blowing out someone else's candle does not make yours shine brighter.
Sally Struthers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
*abby*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: stealin jen's wristband
Posts: 7,780
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

totally agree and i loved it!
*abby* is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Snitch
 
Cam'ron Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Posts: 16,096
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

I thaught it was great but it seemed short and very anti climactic...

BTW, I cancelled my Netflix yesterday...I've had the same two movies for the last two months and have yet to return them...I dont see the value in it...

Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
controlfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 5,858
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Haven't seen it, I'm waiting for Cliff Notes on a Scandal.
controlfreak is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter
 
Sam L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Shangri-La
Posts: 35,388
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
Has anyone seen this? I netflixed it tonight and thought it was ok but have a question... am I the only one who thought it was hilarious despite trying to be serious? Like a dark comedy? Maybe I'm wrong
Sally, is that a euphemism for "it was almost in camp territory"?

I've only seen it once, so I can't say I agree. Everything may have seemed over the top because the characters were so irrational.

Light of the Seven: Himalayas, Gobi, Baikal, Taiga, Steppe, Alps, Aurora
Sam L is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sally Struthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UnattractiveOn the inside
Posts: 10,984
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron Giles View Post
I thaught it was great but it seemed short and very anti climactic...

BTW, I cancelled my Netflix yesterday...I've had the same two movies for the last two months and have yet to return them...I dont see the value in it...
the value of netflix shows itself if you have a dvd burner watch a lot of movies.

Blowing out someone else's candle does not make yours shine brighter.
Sally Struthers is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Drake1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 49,816
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

I loved that movie, was brilliant.

SERENA WILLIAMS
Drake1980 is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Snitch
 
Cam'ron Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Posts: 16,096
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
the value of netflix shows itself if you have a dvd burner watch a lot of movies.
*Calls the National Enquirer to expose hollywood actress involvment in the illegal burning of movies then bragging about it on WTA World..*

Dont worry Sal, it's not about you...

Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sally Struthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UnattractiveOn the inside
Posts: 10,984
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron Giles View Post
*Calls the National Enquirer to expose hollywood actress involvment in the illegal burning of movies then bragging about it on WTA World..*

Dont worry Sal, it's not about you...
Sally doesn't admit or deny guilt. She is merely stating a fact.

Blowing out someone else's candle does not make yours shine brighter.
Sally Struthers is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Snitch
 
Cam'ron Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Posts: 16,096
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
Sally doesn't admit or deny guilt. She is merely stating a fact.

but still it's not about you... though the scandal would do wonders for your career.

BTW Sal, I heard you are being considered to play 50 Cent adopted mother in a gangsta movie set to film later this year?

Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sally Struthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UnattractiveOn the inside
Posts: 10,984
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron Giles View Post
but still it's not about you... though the scandal would do wonders for your career.

BTW Sal, I heard you are being considered to play 50 Cent adopted mother in a gangsta movie set to film later this year?
Sally can do ghetto fab with the best of them!

Blowing out someone else's candle does not make yours shine brighter.
Sally Struthers is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sally Struthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UnattractiveOn the inside
Posts: 10,984
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Sally, is that a euphemism for "it was almost in camp territory"?

I've only seen it once, so I can't say I agree. Everything may have seemed over the top because the characters were so irrational.
It was almost.

Blowing out someone else's candle does not make yours shine brighter.
Sally Struthers is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

I saw it at the mall yesterday and was SO tempted to buy it, but must wait until payday It was a fantastic movie and yeah it was a bit over the top at times, but still brilliantly done especially the performances by Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench. Too bad Cate didn't scream her lungs out in a song or she'd have her second Oscar.

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams



[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
CharlDa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,756
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

I loved that movie. Got in there not expecting much and it was kinda dark and intense.

CharlDa is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
SWOOP!
 
Mother_Marjorie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,444
                     
Re: Notes On a Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
Sally can do ghetto fab with the best of them!
Mother_Marjorie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome