Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here. - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
 
!<blocparty>!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: LAX, JFK & LHR.
Posts: 21,941
                     
Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

I uploaded the first single off her new album 'Introducing Joss Stone' that's coming out mid-March. Let me know what you think:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4390a6

Stone's third studio album, Introducing Joss Stone, is currently scheduled for release on 20 March 2007 via Virgin Records, involving production by Raphael Saadiq, and collaborations with Lauryn Hill, Novel, and Common. Confirmed songs are "Head Turner", "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now" (featuring Common), "Music" (featuring Lauryn Hill), "Tell Me 'Bout It" (the first single), "Girls, You Won't Believe It", "Baby Baby Baby", and "I Wish". Virgin describes it as "an electrifying mix of warm vintage soul, '70s-style R&B, Motown girl-group harmonies, and hip-hop grooves". Stone herself describes it as "truly me. That's why I'm calling it Introducing Joss Stone. These are my words, and this is who I am as an artist".

Some pretty interesting collabs. I didn't really like her first two albums so hopefully this one will be good!

Women's tennis sucks.
~


Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Senior Member
 
tennismaster8820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Safe place.
Posts: 20,191
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

I'll definatly buy this album, I love her voice!
I'm glad she's staying true to herself!
tennismaster8820 is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 9,434
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !<blocparty>! View Post
I uploaded the first single off her new album 'Introducing Joss Stone' that's coming out mid-March. Let me know what you think:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4390a6

Stone's third studio album, Introducing Joss Stone, is currently scheduled for release on 20 March 2007 via Virgin Records, involving production by Raphael Saadiq, and collaborations with Lauryn Hill, Novel, and Common. Confirmed songs are "Head Turner", "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now" (featuring Common), "Music" (featuring Lauryn Hill), "Tell Me 'Bout It" (the first single), "Girls, You Won't Believe It", "Baby Baby Baby", and "I Wish". Virgin describes it as "an electrifying mix of warm vintage soul, '70s-style R&B, Motown girl-group harmonies, and hip-hop grooves". Stone herself describes it as "truly me. That's why I'm calling it Introducing Joss Stone. These are my words, and this is who I am as an artist".

Some pretty interesting collabs. I didn't really like her first two albums so hopefully this one will be good!
She released 2 albums already? I thought it was just one. That Mind, Body and Soul album I believe it was? The second album must have been a live album or something, no?
G1Player2 is offline  
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Kookie Supporter
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 66,052
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPlayer21 View Post
She released 2 albums already? I thought it was just one. That Mind, Body and Soul album I believe it was? The second album must have been a live album or something, no?
No, her first album was called The Soul Sessions. Besides, the article said third studio album.
James is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: - GONE -
Posts: 24,283
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

the song with Common has already leaked as well...

I don't like the new hair.
SilK is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Senior Bitch.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wanderstruck
Posts: 10,739
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

that song is kinda hot. love the 70s funk production.
i love Raphael Saadiq and i'm looking foward to the Common and Lauryn collabo's.

i miss Lauryn. she needs a new album ASAP.
well a good album.
that MTV Unplugged shit was a downgrade from Miseducation.

Last edited by ampers&; Feb 4th, 2007 at 06:33 PM.
ampers& is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
CharlDa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 33,317
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Joss Stone

CharlDa is online now  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Wannabeknowitall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA USA
Posts: 17,273
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
No, her first album was called The Soul Sessions. Besides, the article said third studio album.
The first album was really good.
Actually I can't remember a bad song that Joss Stone has sung, well there was that duet that she did with Patti Labelle for the Chicken Little Soundtrack.


I listened to a couple of songs from the new album and only really liked one.
I do think its time that mainstream R&B and hip-hop give this girl a chance like they have with Robin Thicke.

"Everybody always said I didn't get that job because my wife is white. If you're not strong enough to look through that then you have the issue."
-Charlie Strong, assistant head coach of the Florida Gators

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
:inlove:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: S.W.19
Posts: 14,048
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho View Post
i miss Lauryn. she needs a new album ASAP.
well a good album.
that MTV Unplugged shit was a downgrade from Miseducation.
I know! Miseducation is one of my favorite albums of all time.

That song is
:inlove: is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
BigB08822's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: L.S.U.
Posts: 4,218
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

I love me some Joss Stone. I saw her in concert after she got a name with Soul Sessions and she was AMAZING!
BigB08822 is offline  
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 172
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

What is people's fascination about white girls imitating black voice... Joss Stone can't even sing proper english...

ovaaaaaaa! heaaaaaa!
ZListCelebrity is offline  
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Senior Member
 
ImaVeggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,922
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Thanks a lot for this. I love Joss. I'm definitely looking forward to her new CD.
ImaVeggie is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Senior Member
 
P_Fer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,702
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

I have such a big crush on Joss Stone!
P_Fer is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Member
 
BigB08822's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: L.S.U.
Posts: 4,218
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZListCelebrity View Post
What is people's fascination about white girls imitating black voice... Joss Stone can't even sing proper english...

ovaaaaaaa! heaaaaaa!
Nothing makes me so mad as when people say this about Joss! She is just singing the way she sings and the songs she likes! What is so wrong about that? Can't these people for once just quit thinking about COLOR and think about talent. Give her credit, she is amazing. If you don't happen to like her voice then that is fine, but say so and not because she is white.
BigB08822 is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Member
 
BigB08822's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: L.S.U.
Posts: 4,218
                     
Re: Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

Oh, and if anyone could post anymore linkes, like the one with Common, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
BigB08822 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome