Hey Just to Clarify to ya'll. - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mboyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 18,514
                     
Hey Just to Clarify to ya'll.

1. I personally think Serena is beautiful because I can appreciate many types of beauty.

2. When I made the comment that most white people don't find Serena attractive or find Maria more attractive, I was just making a comment about society. Someone asked how I can speak for most white men: well, take a look at tabloid magazines, porn websites, movies, whatever you want. It is clear, to me, that what America, at least, desires is a thin blonde white girl with big boobs and a big ass and a small waist. Have black women become sex symbols? Yes, but let's look at them.

Beyonce--really light skin, thin, caucasian nose, brown eyes.
Halle Berry--Same
Tyra Banks--same

How many really dark, Whoopi Goldberg or Erykah Badu dark black women have become mainstream sex symbols? None. Personally,I think India Aire is really pretty, and I think it is a tragic thing in society that most people can't find the beauty in other ethnicities. However, the thread in question asked "does Serena or Maria win," and, in my opinion, Maria would be considered more attractive to the American public because she has traditional caucasian features.

So I am really sorry if the comment came across as racist. It was not intended to be racist. I was trying to make a comment on society that I do not even agree with, but some people I guess assumed I agreed with the conclusion, and I apologize for not being clearer.

Romney/Ryan 2012
mboyle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
                     
That's fine. I except your apology....no harm done
chewinggum is offline  
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Just Do It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 46,332
                     
i'm lazy to read this
Just Do It is offline  
post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoIt
i'm lazy to read this
You didn't miss anything it was a load of crap
chewinggum is offline  
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Just Do It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 46,332
                     
looooooooooool
Just Do It is offline  
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mboyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 18,514
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewinggum
You didn't miss anything it was a load of crap
Excuse me. I put a lot of time into apologizing and explaining myself. I do not appreciate your comment that it was a load of crap. It is important that people know what I was trying to say, and obviously I have to say a lot because, when I didn't say a lot, people took it as racist.

Romney/Ryan 2012
mboyle is offline  
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 19,977
                     
I got your point in that thread. I reported the thread, because it was getting ugly. This one is likely to get ugly as well.




"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline  
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle
Excuse me. I put a lot of time into apologizing and explaining myself. I do not appreciate your comment that it was a load of crap. It is important that people know what I was trying to say, and obviously I have to say a lot because, when I didn't say a lot, people took it as racist.
Who cares what they think ....as long as you knew it wasn't .....don't worry
chewinggum is offline  
post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 9,434
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle
Excuse me. I put a lot of time into apologizing and explaining myself. I do not appreciate your comment that it was a load of crap. It is important that people know what I was trying to say, and obviously I have to say a lot because, when I didn't say a lot, people took it as racist.
That comment had me in It was an ignorant comment. Plain and simple. I mean, you spoke for a group of people and you couldn't be further from the truth as Serena has dated white men in the past. Anyway, I don't think you are a racist, but I do think you need to be weary of what you say sometimes. I guess I could say your heart is usually in the right place most of the time.
G1Player2 is offline  
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:43 PM
She's coming for your faves wigs
 
Aaron.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Retired
Posts: 17,324
                     
Rofl at this thread and mboyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTICE4ALL View Post
You shut the hell up, you don't know me.! KING, Bow down bitch cause i'm the shit! HOE! I know you see that big ass patch!
Aaron. is offline  
post #11 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Senior Member
 
mirzalover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 7,622
                     
i'm soprry but tyra and beyonce do not have white people's nose they just put make up on both sides of their nose to make it look like it oprah does the same thing
mirzalover is offline  
post #12 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Martian KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Upside down
Posts: 21,061
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzalover
i'm soprry but tyra and beyonce do not have white people's nose they just put make up on both sides of their nose to make it look like it oprah does the same thing
Que?

Good Luck In 2005:
[Martina Hingis] [Justine Henin-Hardenne]
[Cara Black] [Nadia Petrova] [Eugenia Linetskaya] [Patty Schnyder]
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline  
post #13 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 15,902
                     
I know people have their own preferences when it comes to what they find attractive and what they don't but i just hate it when someone pretends to speak for a whole group of people, in this case, an entire race.
LeRoy. is offline  
post #14 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 15,902
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzalover
i'm soprry but tyra and beyonce do not have white people's nose they just put make up on both sides of their nose to make it look like it oprah does the same thing
i didn't know make-up could change the shape or size of a person's nose
LeRoy. is offline  
post #15 of 98 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Senior Member
 
QUEENLINDSAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 6,496
                     
Why need to apologize if you dont find them beautiful on your eyes?

People will always call you racist if you dont like black people/celebrity.

QUEEN LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome