I am making a mix tape for a friend's birthday (I have no idea what to get her for a present and this is cheap and interesting). The theme of the tape is "I have no idea what kind of music you like (apart from Shakira)... but this is some not-too-obvious eclectic recent stuff I think you should be listening to. Plus, we should hook up sometime "
. [j/k about that last bit
Opinions please on the track selection and anything you think is not fitting, or suggested additions/replacements.
1. Snow Patrol - You're All I Have
2. Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire
3. Death Cab For Cutie - Photobooth
4. Zero 7 - Destiny
5. Minnie Driver - Invisible Girl
6. The Kooks - Naive
7. Stephen Fretwell - Bad Bad You, Bad Bad Me
8. Nerina Pallot - Sophia
9. Belen Arjona & Mana - Vivir Sin Aire
10. Coldplay - The Hardest Part
11. Jackson Browne - These Days
12. Sufjan Stevens - For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti
13. Frou Frou - Let Go
Also, if you can post on a scale of 1 to 10 how happy you would be to receive this compilation!