Do only Black Folks Steal? - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
spokenword73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,762
 
Do only Black Folks Steal?



The following e-mail was sent to me today from a coworker:

I went to my neighborhood CVS store to personally see for myself if the news reports of this national drug store profiling African-Americans by placing anti-theft devices on only Black hair care products were valid. After arriving at this store, I looked at both expensive and none expensive White hair products and I found NO anti-theft devices. I then looked on the boxes of both expensive and not expensive Black hair care products. What I found was shocking! ONLY Black hair care products had anti-theft devices on them.


I immediately went to the store management and asked why did only the Black hair products have these devices? The store manager looked like a 'deer caught in the headlights of an approaching car.' He said White hair products also had the anti-theft devices. I asked him to please walk to the aisle with me and show me the White hair care products which had these anti-theft devices and he refused to escort me to the aisle and show me. Also, he was not able to tell me of any White hair care products which had the anti-theft devices on them! I immediately turned in my CVS cards and respectfully told this manger I would NEVER shop in this store. I told him that I would inform all of my family, friends and Internet friends of this. I am now keeping my promise to inform each of you of this dirty, hidden, secret ploy of this national drug store CVS.


I hope each of you inform your friends, family and Internet contacts and stay clear of this national store.

"we are amazed but not amused..."
www.writerswhorock.moonfruit.com
spokenword73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,784
                     
of course, here in france too, only black people steal.
"Sluggy" is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 19,303
                     
This sounds like urban legend bullshit. I can see a store doing that with Black people products, but they'd be more clever about it.

Whitney Houston and her receipts:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...17447&page=324
Helen Lawson is offline  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
tonythetiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,875
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggy
of course, here in france too, only black people steal.
Are you trying to be funny or were you born an idiot?

Spokenword, good for you for standing your ground and being a difference maker. CVS is now off my list.
tonythetiger is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Veelieve!!!
 
Infiniti2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 27,822
 
Who goes to CVS to buy hair products anyway?? Sallys and many black owned businesses have better prices To me their stuff is more expensive than other pharmacies as well . I personally believe that Walgreens the corner store is much better. In fact they do much better here in Florida
To answer your question and emphatic NO. While businesses are busy protecting their merchandise from black folk, some whites clean them out and it's a fact

Infiniti2001 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
spokenword73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,762
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson
This sounds like urban legend bullshit. I can see a store doing that with Black people products, but they'd be more clever about it.
Below is CVS' response. I could not find original link.

http://www.losspreventionblog.com/20...as_taggin.html

"we are amazed but not amused..."
www.writerswhorock.moonfruit.com
spokenword73 is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:07 PM
double-dog daredevil
 
griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: self-imposed exile
Posts: 12,051
                     
I'm also voting for urban legend. There are always anti-theft thingies in the red hair coloring I get.

Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
--Robert Heinlein
griffin is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Aquanetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: America(n't)
Posts: 1,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson
This sounds like urban legend bullshit.
Me, too. I'll put this CVS composition next to:

Quote:
Subject: FWD: Tommy Hilfiger hates us...
Did you see the recent Oprah Winfrey show on which Tommy Hilfiger was a guest? Oprah asked Hilfiger if his alleged statements about people of color were true - he's been accused of saying things such as "If I had known that African-Americans, Hispanics and Asians would buy my clothes, I would not have made them so nice," and "I wish those people would not buy my clothes - they were made for upper-class whites." What did he say when Oprah asked him if he said these things? He said "Yes." Oprah immediately asked Hilfiger to leave her show.

Now, let's give Hilfiger what he's asked for - let's not buy his clothes. Boycott! Please - pass this message along.
Aquanetta is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,784
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger
Are you trying to be funny or were you born an idiot?

.
obviously i was just joking, but yes, i was born an idiot tiger.
"Sluggy" is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,784
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenword73


The following e-mail was sent to me today from a coworker:

I went to my neighborhood CVS store to personally see for myself if the news reports of this national drug store profiling African-Americans by placing anti-theft devices on only Black hair care products were valid. After arriving at this store, I looked at both expensive and none expensive White hair products and I found NO anti-theft devices. I then looked on the boxes of both expensive and not expensive Black hair care products. What I found was shocking! ONLY Black hair care products had anti-theft devices on them.


I immediately went to the store management and asked why did only the Black hair products have these devices? The store manager looked like a 'deer caught in the headlights of an approaching car.' He said White hair products also had the anti-theft devices. I asked him to please walk to the aisle with me and show me the White hair care products which had these anti-theft devices and he refused to escort me to the aisle and show me. Also, he was not able to tell me of any White hair care products which had the anti-theft devices on them! I immediately turned in my CVS cards and respectfully told this manger I would NEVER shop in this store. I told him that I would inform all of my family, friends and Internet friends of this. I am now keeping my promise to inform each of you of this dirty, hidden, secret ploy of this national drug store CVS.


I hope each of you inform your friends, family and Internet contacts and stay clear of this national store.
How about this, black guys, you steal the white hair care products and sell them to white guys, and white guys you steal the black hair care products (since they wont believe you actually are stealing when the alarm goes off) and sell the products to the white guys.

Last edited by "Sluggy"; May 17th, 2006 at 03:44 PM.
"Sluggy" is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
 
LoveFifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 8,457
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger
Are you trying to be funny or were you born an idiot?

Spokenword, good for you for standing your ground and being a difference maker. CVS is now off my list.
Don't mark CVS off your list, you dumbass. This story is total bullshit.

People will believe anything they read!
LoveFifteen is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
SelesFan70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,028
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen
Don't mark CVS off your list, you dumbass. This story is total bullshit.

People will believe anything they read!
Well, it's posted on the Internet, right?

Tammy Bruce RightSideOfTheRainbow

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
spokenword73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,762
 
CVS has already admitted they do tag "ethnic" and "non-ethnic" items. So how is it an urban legion? Face it folks, unfortunately racial profiling is alive and well.

"we are amazed but not amused..."
www.writerswhorock.moonfruit.com
spokenword73 is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Aquanetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: America(n't)
Posts: 1,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenword73
CVS has already admitted they do tag "ethnic" and "non-ethnic" items. So how is it an urban legion? Face it folks, unfortunately racial profiling is alive and well.
Where exactly did CVS do that? The Loss Prevention Blog you referenced could be fake as well. This is the down side of the internet; a faux source can make things up and people are quick to believe because they appear to be convincingly real.
Aquanetta is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 05:16 PM
double-dog daredevil
 
griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: self-imposed exile
Posts: 12,051
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenword73
CVS has already admitted they do tag "ethnic" and "non-ethnic" items. So how is it an urban legion? Face it folks, unfortunately racial profiling is alive and well.
If they're tagging BOTH were's the profiling?

And since you clearly missed my post, big white me purchases hair dye with white girls on the boxes that ARE tagged - so I not only don't buy this hooey about "I went into CVS and only the "ethnic" hair product was tagged" I know for a fact it's bullshit.

Racial profiling IS alive and well, but hyping bogus and easily discounted stories about it makes it harder to get people to take real profiling incedents seriously.

Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
--Robert Heinlein
griffin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome