I Hate To Admit It: I'm Addicted To MTV's "Parental Control" - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SelesFan70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,027
                     
I Hate To Admit It: I'm Addicted To MTV's "Parental Control"

Im way out of the demographics for this show, but the girlfriends on this show while they watch the dates...

Tammy Bruce RightSideOfTheRainbow

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Team WTAworld
 
TF Chipmunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,956
                     
I watched a couple of episodes this morning during the changeovers of the Nadia-Patty match

It's so pathetic because they already have boyfriends Unless these gilrs are that slutty, of course they're not going to dump them But anyway, this show just shows how crazy some parents can be when they choose what they THINK is good for the daughter, but they really don't know.

Anyway, I didn't know they had parents choosing girlfriends for the sons??? I only saw two episodes with the parents choosing boyfriends for the girls.

JUSTINE HENIN
ALLEZ!!!

ANASTASIA MYSKINA
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster


NADIA PETROVA
ANNA-LENA GROENEFELD
TF Chipmunk is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SelesFan70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,027
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Chipmunk
I watched a couple of episodes this morning during the changeovers of the Nadia-Patty match

It's so pathetic because they already have boyfriends Unless these gilrs are that slutty, of course they're not going to dump them But anyway, this show just shows how crazy some parents can be when they choose what they THINK is good for the daughter, but they really don't know.

Anyway, I didn't know they had parents choosing girlfriends for the sons??? I only saw two episodes with the parents choosing boyfriends for the girls.
I even saw an episode where the mom and her bf chose a guy for her gay son...

Tammy Bruce RightSideOfTheRainbow

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Brooklyn90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,087
                     
lol it's an ok show
Brooklyn90 is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Team WTAworld
 
TF Chipmunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,956
                     
Maybe I should sign up for this show

JUSTINE HENIN
ALLEZ!!!

ANASTASIA MYSKINA
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster


NADIA PETROVA
ANNA-LENA GROENEFELD
TF Chipmunk is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Black Mamba.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,816
                     
The show seems real scripted to me. You can't convince me that these people that have gone out for 2+ years would drop their Bf or GF that fast.

"The mamba can strike with 99 percent accuracy at maximum speed, in rapid succession."
Black Mamba. is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sometimes U.S./Sometimes Asia
Posts: 1,536
                     
I agree. I think a lot of it is scripted (some of the conversations seem so stilted and unnatural), and the participants are getting money (perhaps a few hundred $) to basically make fools of themselves on TV. All the MTV shows are pretty much the bottom of the barrel in terms of reality TV these days. It's sad because the first season of "The Real World" was truly a pioneer landmark in reality programming; the people actually had brains (except for Eric) and had meaningful conversations; that pretty much disappeared after Season Three...

Last edited by tommyk75; Apr 17th, 2006 at 01:55 AM.
tommyk75 is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Scotso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 47,044
                     
Of course it's scripted, just like every other MTV show.

But, it's a good show to watch when you don't have anything else to do. Some of the guys are cute.
Scotso is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Black Mamba.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,816
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk75
I agree. I think a lot of it is scripted (some of the conversations seem so stilted and unnatural), and the participants are getting money (perhaps a few hundred $) to basically make fools of themselves on TV. All the MTV shows are pretty much the bottom of the barrel in terms of reality TV these days. It's sad because the first season of "The Real World" was truly a pioneer landmark in reality programming; the people actually had brains (except for Eric) and had meaningful conversations; that much disappeared after Season Three...
I agree MTV programming is garbage. Here is my list of the worst shows on MTV.


1. Wild N Out
2. Yo Mama
3. Andy Milinokais
4. TRL
5. Made
6. Sweet 16

"The mamba can strike with 99 percent accuracy at maximum speed, in rapid succession."
Black Mamba. is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SelesFan70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,027
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaTorresFan
Of course it's scripted, just like every other MTV show.

But, it's a good show to watch when you don't have anything else to do. Some of the guys are cute.
I was eating cheesecake and lying on the couch when I was watching it.

Tammy Bruce RightSideOfTheRainbow

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 9,434
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23
I agree MTV programming is garbage. Here is my list of the worst shows on MTV.


1. Wild N Out
2. Yo Mama
3. Andy Milinokais
4. TRL
5. Made
6. Sweet 16
TRL is okay but the other shows on your list I have never been interested or entraced by at all. I do, however, enjoy TRUE LIFE. That is one of my fave shows on television especially the controversial topics. I am bored of the Real World but the Real World/Road Rules challenges are entertaining. Punk'd is also a good and fun show.

Whatever happened to Fanatic, Diary, and 12 Angry viewers? Fanatic was the show ehre a fan meets their favorite celebrity and 12 Angry viewers were when an audience judged and voted on their favorite videos. It was hosted by Ananda Lewis.
G1Player2 is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Senior Member
 
RainyDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 449
                     
Date My Mom has got to be the most bogus show on MTV. It's so terrible. So scripted, so fake.

Parental Control isn't bad. It's scripted, of course, but it's funny at times. The one episode when the African American couple chose a new girlfriend for their son because his current g/f had an attitude problem...that was good TV.

WILLIAMS.
RainyDays is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Black Mamba.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,816
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDays
Date My Mom has got to be the most bogus show on MTV. It's so terrible. So scripted, so fake.

Parental Control isn't bad. It's scripted, of course, but it's funny at times. The one episode when the African American couple chose a new girlfriend for their son because his current g/f had an attitude problem...that was good TV.

I remember that one I wanted his first date's number sooooooooooooooooo bad she was fineeeeeeeeeeeeee.

"The mamba can strike with 99 percent accuracy at maximum speed, in rapid succession."
Black Mamba. is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Team WTAworld
 
TF Chipmunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,956
                     
Now I think I actually want to watch more of it now

JUSTINE HENIN
ALLEZ!!!

ANASTASIA MYSKINA
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster


NADIA PETROVA
ANNA-LENA GROENEFELD
TF Chipmunk is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Senior Member
 
No Name Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: nYc
Posts: 12,821
                     
next is the only good mtv 'reality' show

ROCK ON:
elena dementieva, serena williams, caroline wozniacki, ana ivanovic
david nalbandian, rafael nadal, andy murray, gael monfils, jo-wilfried tsonga
No Name Face is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome