Another DID Case - Imette St. Guillen - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation Another DID Case - Imette St. Guillen

This is the woman who was raped and killed in NYC on February 25 after a night of drinking. A bouncer at the bar where she was last seen, who also has a crimnal record, was charged with her murder today (but not her rape). Based on what I have heard and read about this case, I have huge doubt that the bouncer is gulity of her murder. If he is gulity of anything, it is desposing of her body, which is a crime, but not as serious as murder. I think someone else connected with the bar raped her (a semen sample found on the blanket that was used to wrap her body didn't belong to the bouncer), killed her and told him to dispose of the body and he stupidly did it.

I call this the DID (Damsdel In Distress) case becauae she fits the criteria for this cae to be beaten to death by the cable news networks:

Young
White
Pretty

Good Luck In 2012 To The Following:
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Aquanetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: America(n't)
Posts: 1,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
This is the woman who was raped and killed in NYC on February 25 after a night of drinking. A bouncer at the bar where she was last seen, who also has a crimnal record, was charged with her murder today (but not her rape). Based on what I have heard and read about this case, I have huge doubt that the bouncer is gulity of her murder. If he is gulity of anything, it is desposing of her body, which is a crime, but not as serious as murder. I think someone else connected with the bar raped her (a semen sample found on the blanket that was used to wrap her body didn't belong to the bouncer), killed her and told him to dispose of the body and he stupidly did it.

I call this the DID (Damsdel In Distress) case becauae she fits the criteria for this cae to be beaten to death by the cable news networks:

Young
White
Pretty
I thought Imette was Hispanic. As bad as I feel for her family, I did think that if Imette was black the story wouldn’t have had the impact that it had in the Tri-State Area.
Aquanetta is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanetta
I thought Imette was Hispanic. As bad as I feel for her family, I did think that if Imette was black the story wouldn’t have had the impact that it had in the Tri-State Area.
White Hispanicc, which is the same as being whtie in my bood.

Do you think so? I don't think most New Yorkers would have cared.

Do you remember a woman named Ramona Moore?

Good Luck In 2012 To The Following:
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Aquanetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: America(n't)
Posts: 1,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Do you think so?
Most certainly! And the NYPD and the NY Media know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Do you remember a woman named Ramona Moore?
No. Was she black?
Aquanetta is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanetta
Most certainly! And the NYPD and the NY Media know it!



No. Was she black?

Yes and you just prooved my point.

Good Luck In 2012 To The Following:
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Aquanetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: America(n't)
Posts: 1,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Yes and you just prooved my point.
I just read the story in the Daily News and I remember it! Yes, Ramona’s case would’ve been more prolific if she was white.
Aquanetta is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanetta
I just read the story in the Daily News and I remember it! Yes, Ramona’s case would’ve been more prolific if she was white.
That's true.

BTW, I am surprised that the Daily News was still covering the case. I thought they dropped it after she was found dead.

Good Luck In 2012 To The Following:
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Aquanetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: America(n't)
Posts: 1,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
That's true.

BTW, I am surprised that the Daily News was still covering the case. I thought they dropped it after she was found dead.
Imette had a promising future (a grad student, I believe) so they're milking it.

Ramona Moore would’ve had to come from some privileged background for them to POSSIBLY continue their coverage.
Aquanetta is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,422
                     
I'm not very familiar with this story, but I just want to ask a question. Was it reported the she was alone and drunk on that night?

"Child,you really think you're gonna win Roland Garros
with Vera in the draw?"
Ferosh is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanetta
Imette had a promising future (a grad student, I believe) so they're milking it.

Ramona Moore would’ve had to come from some privileged background for them to POSSIBLY continue their coverage.

Ramona Moore was a college student too. So it isn't like she didn't have a future.

Good Luck In 2012 To The Following:
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,422
                     
Fox news is still milking that story of the missing girl in Aruba.

"Child,you really think you're gonna win Roland Garros
with Vera in the draw?"
Ferosh is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementrova
I'm not very familiar with this story, but I just want to ask a question. Was it reported the she was alone and drunk on that night?
She was drinking with friedns and then she went to a ball called The Falls by herself. One of her so-called friends left her there even though it was clear she was close to being half in the bag.

Good Luck In 2012 To The Following:
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Aquanetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: America(n't)
Posts: 1,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Ramona Moore was a college student too. So it isn't like she didn't have a future.
Well, there you go. Very telling and typical of the NY Media. That’s why I scoff at the “melting pot” mentality. Purely fictional.
Aquanetta is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementrova
Fox news is still milking that story of the missing white girl in Aruba.
Exactly.

And they were the one who fingered the two black hotel workers as being guilty in Natalee's dis appearance until they found out they had stong alibis. Eleven days after the fact.

Good Luck In 2012 To The Following:
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,422
                     
I think Dateline had a very good segment on this type of issue.

"Child,you really think you're gonna win Roland Garros
with Vera in the draw?"
Ferosh is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome