Nick Lachey To Jessica Simpson: Gimme My Jewelry Back, Pay Me Spousal Support - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SelesFan70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,028
                     
Nick Lachey To Jessica Simpson: Gimme My Jewelry Back, Pay Me Spousal Support

LOS ANGELES (AP) - In divorce papers, Nick Lachey is seeking spousal support from Jessica Simpson, and he wants his jewelry back.

In court papers filed Friday in response to Simpson's Dec. 16 divorce filing, Lachey cited irreconcilable differences for the dissolution of the three-year marriage.

Lachey, 32, also asked for "miscellaneous jewelry and other personal effects," part of Simpson's earnings from after the date of separation and other assets.

Lachey said he and Simpson separated Dec. 13, although she claims it was Nov. 23.

The couple, who starred in their own MTV reality show, "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica," had no prenuptial agreement and in her petition, Simpson asked the court not to grant Lachey spousal support.

Lachey, who gained fame as a member of the boy band 98 Degrees, had more earning power when the couple wed in October 2002. However, Simpson's fame skyrocketed during the marriage. The 25-year-old singer-actress reportedly earned more than $30 million last year, including earnings from her big-screen debut playing Daisy Duke in "The Dukes of Hazzard" movie.

Last month, the Mediterranean-style house the pair shared during "Newlyweds" was sold to "Malcolm in the Middle" teen actor Justin Berfield for an undisclosed price.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060218/D8FRH4H00.html

Oh, no! They had no pre-nuptual agreement!

Tammy Bruce RightSideOfTheRainbow

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Team WTAworld
 
TF Chipmunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,959
                     
Loser Say bye bye to your future career in anything Nick Lachey = LOSER But Jessica Simpson = :retard: for not doing any prenups

JUSTINE HENIN
ALLEZ!!!

ANASTASIA MYSKINA
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster


NADIA PETROVA
ANNA-LENA GROENEFELD
TF Chipmunk is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Day-Dreaming
Posts: 7,827
                     
What a pathetic piece of shit. If you're already worth millions and millions, it's obvious the the only reason you would do this is pure greed or revenge. Either way, pathetic.


"You Worry About Your Jump Rope and Yourself!" -Coral on Battle of the Sexes 2




Running for the cliff again...
Rtael is offline  
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Senior Member
 
jd4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,206
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Chipmunk
Loser Say bye bye to your future career in anything Nick Lachey = LOSER But Jessica Simpson = :retard: for not doing any prenups
Why would she have thought of getting a pre-nup. He was by far the bigger star and the bigger earner entering the marriage so at that stage, if there was to be a divorce she would have benefited. She's achieved fame through her MTV show of which he was an equal part so he deserves at least some reparations for his role in her success.


jd4eva is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Senior Member
 
PaulieM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Under Roger
Posts: 3,380
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4eva
Why would she have thought of getting a pre-nup. He was by far the bigger star and the bigger earner entering the marriage so at that stage, if there was to be a divorce she would have benefited. She's achieved fame through her MTV show of which he was an equal part so he deserves at least some reparations for his role in her success.
ditto. go nick!

Serena: Australian Open Champion 2005

Venus: Wimbledon Champion 2005

Amelie Mauresmo- Amazing! YEC Champ 2005, AO 2006 CHAMP!!

Myskina, Davenport, Kuznetsova, Golovin, Ivanovic, Pierce, Schnyder, Mirza, Benesova

Lindsay Lee Waters, A-L Groenefeld, Dally Randriantefy, Nadia Petrova, Alicia Molik, Kim Clijsters

Roger Federer Forever!


"I was ready to die on the court today"-Amelie Mauresmo
PaulieM is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:13 AM
 
harloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wonderland Arts Society
Posts: 18,990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4eva
She's achieved fame through her MTV show of which he was an equal part so he deserves at least some reparations for his role in her success.
So Nick wasn't getting paid for his stint on MTV with Jessica? Cmon now you cannot seriously believe that at all.

You can really say that Nick's career was revived when he married Jessica and they both got the show. 98 Degrees was dead as a doornob, and IMO it's not Jessica's fault that his album "Soulo" was a dude.

I think Jessica is stupid and unattractive, but I just don't believe a grown man should make a punk bitch move like that asking can he get some money. If Nick still has earning power then why not go out and hustle because I'm pretty sure he can get something.

His record deal dried up, and the show is over and now he want's a piece of Jessica. It makes him look stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
I'll say this in public once. I miss serena so much. Fed is my favorite player but no one does it like her.

harloo is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:15 AM
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,163
                     
``we want pre-nup... we want pre-nup``
AjdeNate! is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,127
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo

I think Jessica is stupid and unattractive, but I just don't believe a grown man should make a punk bitch move like that asking can he get some money.

It's a punk bitch move but you gotta go for the equal opportunity

Björk
Imperious in victory. Never conceiving the possibility of defeat. The greatest of her era. The self-belief, that smile, backhand, muscles, serve, personality, all larger than life. There's no greater sight in women's tennis than watching Serena J. Williams go to work.
The others are Great, but Serena's the Greatest
Diesel is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:36 AM
 
harloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wonderland Arts Society
Posts: 18,990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
It's a punk bitch move but you gotta go for the equal opportunity
I guess everyone's liberated now. If Bobby can hustle Whitney, then why not Nick? I'm from the old school train of thought though. I believe that a grown man shouldn't be trying to live up off of a woman.

I think he's gonna get paid like Eric Benet, watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
I'll say this in public once. I miss serena so much. Fed is my favorite player but no one does it like her.

harloo is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,127
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
I guess everyone's liberated now. If Bobby can hustle Whitney, then why not Nick? I'm from the old school train of thought though. I believe that a grown man shouldn't be trying to live up off of a woman.

I think he's gonna get paid like Eric Benet, watch.
Bobby and Whitney those two are a trip. I can't blame Eric though, something must be wrong with Halle because she can't keep not one man. Male liberation baby, going for that check while downing your career at the same time

Björk
Imperious in victory. Never conceiving the possibility of defeat. The greatest of her era. The self-belief, that smile, backhand, muscles, serve, personality, all larger than life. There's no greater sight in women's tennis than watching Serena J. Williams go to work.
The others are Great, but Serena's the Greatest
Diesel is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 04:49 AM
 
harloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wonderland Arts Society
Posts: 18,990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Bobby and Whitney those two are a trip. I can't blame Eric though, something must be wrong with Halle because she can't keep not one man. Male liberation baby, going for that check while downing your career at the same time
I feel sorry for Halle because she attracts dogs. I think her man judging skills are lacking because she had no father.

Hell, if I can marry one of those female celebs I might go for the big check when the marriage falls apart also. Male Libs United!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
I'll say this in public once. I miss serena so much. Fed is my favorite player but no one does it like her.

harloo is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,127
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
I feel sorry for Halle because she attracts dogs. I think her man judging skills are lacking because she had no father.

Hell, if I can marry one of those female celebs I might go for the big check when the marriage falls apart also. Male Libs United!!
Have you seen her latest man? He doesn't seem like a keeper. I still thought she was with Michael Ealy Something foul is in Halleland and it could have something to do with her growing up. All I know is I would make her my second wife with no problem.

Björk
Imperious in victory. Never conceiving the possibility of defeat. The greatest of her era. The self-belief, that smile, backhand, muscles, serve, personality, all larger than life. There's no greater sight in women's tennis than watching Serena J. Williams go to work.
The others are Great, but Serena's the Greatest
Diesel is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Senior Member
 
jd4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,206
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
So Nick wasn't getting paid for his stint on MTV with Jessica? Cmon now you cannot seriously believe that at all.

You can really say that Nick's career was revived when he married Jessica and they both got the show. 98 Degrees was dead as a doornob, and IMO it's not Jessica's fault that his album "Soulo" was a dude.

I think Jessica is stupid and unattractive, but I just don't believe a grown man should make a punk bitch move like that asking can he get some money. If Nick still has earning power then why not go out and hustle because I'm pretty sure he can get something.

His record deal dried up, and the show is over and now he want's a piece of Jessica. It makes him look stupid.
I don't necessarily agree with his move however if the shoe was on the other foot and Lachey was the big star, Simpson would be doing all she could to get her hands on anything she could. In this case, she became successful thanks to a show of which he was an equal participant and perhaps more as the show came about due to his profile rather than hers so it's fair game.
jd4eva is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 05:41 AM
 
harloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wonderland Arts Society
Posts: 18,990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4eva
I don't necessarily agree with his move however if the shoe was on the other foot and Lachey was the big star, Simpson would be doing all she could to get her hands on anything she could. In this case, she became successful thanks to a show of which he was an equal participant and perhaps more as the show came about due to his profile rather than hers so it's fair game.
They went into the show together, and I'm pretty sure they both benefited financially. Why is it assumed that the show was Jessica's mainly and he wasn't getting paid for degrading himself like her? I just don't understand this train of thought?

And personally I think they both were C rate stars at the time. As much as people keep acting like 98 Degrees was huge they never cracked that big time like the Backstreet Boys and Nsync. 98 Degrees were not that popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
I'll say this in public once. I miss serena so much. Fed is my favorite player but no one does it like her.

harloo is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Senior Member
 
jd4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,206
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
They went into the show together, and I'm pretty sure they both benefited financially. Why is it assumed that the show was Jessica's mainly and he wasn't getting paid for degrading himself like her? I just don't understand this train of thought?

And personally I think they both were C rate stars at the time. As much as people keep acting like 98 Degrees was huge they never cracked that big time like the Backstreet Boys and Nsync. 98 Degrees were not that popular.
We're not talking about earnings from the show, but rather earnings as a result of the show. All the money Jessica has made in the past year from her movie, shoe deal, record contract etc have all come as a result of the show. Nick was an equal part of the show so he should be privy to what Jessica has earnt as a result of that collaboration. Nick has definitely not had the success Jessica has had and there is no doubt that none of her success would have manifested had it not been for the show.

98 Degrees certainly did not have the recognition of other boy bands but they were popular enough to bring about the MTV show. Had Jessica married average Joe, this show would never have been produced. Nick was certainly a bigger star than Jessica before the show was produced.
jd4eva is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome