Source: MAXIM Magazine
MAXIM MAGAZINE Unveils Their ``Hot 100'' for 2005
Tuesday May 10, 3:00 am ET
Eva Longoria Crowned #1 This Year
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 10, 2005--MAXIM Magazine, the #1 best-selling men's lifestyle magazine in the country and the world, unveils their highly anticipated 6th annual Hot 100 list. "Desperate Housewives" Eva Longoria heads up the list with the #1 spot. Rounding out the Top 10: "Lost" breakout actress Evangeline Lilly (#2); "Alias's" Jennifer Garner (#3); "Herbie: Fully Loaded's" Lindsay Lohan (#4); "Fantastic Four's" Jessica Alba (#5); "The O.C.'s" Rachel Bilson (#6); "Mr. and Mrs. Smith's" Angelina Jolie (#7); "Sin City's" Brittany Murphy (#8); "Dukes of Hazzard" star Jessica Simpson (#9) and "D.E.B.S.'" Sara Foster (#10).
Source: MAXIM Magazine
· View multimedia news release
The MAXIM Hot 100 continues to be a barometer of Hollywood cool, and this marks its 6th anniversary. Each year, MAXIM chooses 100 of the most successful women of the year in film, television, music, sports and fashion. All of the women on the list have several things in common, a tremendous amount of buzz and heat surrounding them, undeniable beauty and a promise of greater things to come. Editors are given the daunting task of selecting which of these women will keep people talking throughout the year.
"The MAXIM Hot 100 is the end result of a process in which experts examine thousands of beautiful women and refine them down to the very hottest," says MAXIM Editor-in-Chief Ed Needham. "These are the women whose names are on the lips of people the world over, whose careers are headed for the dizziest heights and whose looks will scorch the back off your retina."
Longoria, who has seen her stardom rocket since the premiere of ABC's "Desperate Housewives," says of her #1 status, "This year has been amazing for me. To be on the #1 television show and for MAXIM to choose me as #1 on their Hot 100 list is incredible."
Longoria joins past #1 picks, Jessica Simpson (2004), Christina Aguilera (2003), Jennifer Garner (2002) and Jessica Alba (2001). Each girl continues to captivate audiences and garner worldwide attention. MAXIM selects women for the Hot 100 that they think will break new ground in the years to come. In 2004, MAXIM first brought Eva Longoria to our attention (#91) before "Desperate Housewives" even existed. Katie Holmes makes her debut on the list this year (#22) only days after she started dating the most famous man in the world, Tom Cruise.
Another newcomer to the Top 10, Rachel Bilson (#6), placed on the list at #58 when "The O.C." was only in its first season. This year Bilson knocks co-star Mischa Barton out of the #6 slot.
Just as they have in the ratings this year, the women of ABC dominate the Top 10 with Jennifer Garner ("Alias"), Evangeline Lilly ("Lost") and Eva Longoria taking the top three spots. Just as they have in the past, women in music also dominate Hot 100 list. Jessica Simpson (#9), Ashanti (#13), Beyonce (#17), Ciara (#35), Avril Lavigne (#36) and are just a few of the successful female artists that grace this year's list.
The MAXIM Hot 100 supplement will be available with the June issue of MAXIM featuring "Las Vegas" actress Vanessa Marcil (#19) on the cover. The June issue also features a layout with "The L Word's" Sarah Shahi (#90), "Celebrity Advisor" column with Anthony Michael Hall and a Q&A with "Entourage's" Kevin Dillon. Based on the huge success and national appeal of the Hot 100, VH1 will be airing a 1-hour special hosted by Rachel Perry (#49) on May 22 at 10:00 p.m.
MAXIM is the men's lifestyle magazine published 12 times a year by Dennis Publishing. Editor-in-Chief: Ed Needham. Editorial Director: Andy Clerkson. Group Publisher: Robert F. Gregory. Dennis Publishing, Inc. is a media company that publishes the two most successful modern men's lifestyle magazines in America -- MAXIM (2.5 million rate base) and Stuff (1.3 million rate base) -- along with general interest music magazine Blender (Advertising Age's Launch of the Year), and The Week, a distillation of the week's most important news and opinion from the U.S. and international media. MAXIM, Stuff, Blender and The Week are registered trademarks of Felix Dennis. MAXIM Radio is broadcast on Sirius Satellite Radio on channel 145.
<pre> MAXIM HOT 100 20051. Eva Longoria 51. Nikki Cox2. Evangeline Lilly 52. Cameron Richardson3. Jennifer Garner
53. Keira Knightley4. Lindsay Lohan 54. Jordana Brewster
5. Jessica Alba
55. Samaire Armstrong6. Rachel Bilson 56. Lacey Chabert7. Angelina Jolie 57. Heidi Klum8. Brittany Murphy 58. Brittany9. Jessica Simpson 59. Angela Marcello10. Sara Foster 60. Brittany Gastineau11. Cameron Diaz 61. Olivia Wilde12. Eva Mendez 62. Vanessa Minnilo13. Ashanti 63. Lauren Bush14. Rachel McAdams 64. Kim Smith15. Charlize Theron 65. Leila Arcieri16. Christina Aguilera 66. Kelly Brook17. Beyonce Knowles 67. Kristin Kreuk
18. Jessica Biel 68. Kristen Bell19. Vanessa Marcil 69. Mena Suvari20. Paris Hilton 70. Krista Allen21. Uma Thurman 71. Molly Sims22. Katie Holmes 72. Aisha Tyler23. Kate Beckinsale 73. Amber Brkich24. Scarlett Johansson 74. Natassia Malthe25. Sofia Vergara 75. Catherine Bell26. Sarah Michelle Gellar 76. Shana Hiatt27. Maggie Grace 77. Laura Prepon28. Jaime King 78. Joanna Krupa29. Anna Kournikova 79. Joanne Montanez30. Christina Milian
80. Rebecca Romijn31. Brook Burns 81. Grace Park
32. Jennifer Love Hewitt 82. Milla Jovovich33. Mischa Barton 83. Tricia Helfer34. Salma Hayek 84. Donna Feldman35. Ciara 85. Ana Hickman36. Avril Lavigne 86. Emma Heming37. Nicole Richie 87. Alexis Bledel
38. Kate Bosworth 88. Jennifer Aniston39. Shania Twain 89. Bonnie-Jill Laflin40. Pamela Anderson 90. Sara Shahi41. Halle Berry 91. Summer Altice42. Natalie Portman 92. Bali Rodriguez43. Kelly Carlson
93. Lokelani McMichael44. Malia Jones 94. Amy Cobb45. Poppy Montgomery 95. Arielle Kebbel46. Ashley Scott 96. Jenni Finch47. Emilie de Ravin
97. Julie Berry48. Sienna Miller 98. Ivana Bozilovic49. Rachel Perry 99. Moon Bloodgood50. Diane Kruger 100. Adrianne Curry