Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Theory of "Self Actualization"
So I'm reading about this guy Maslow in my Project Management program. He has a theory called the Theory of need or self actualization. It's a pyramid and It basically say that we start out working just to provide basic needs (air, water, food...etc. ). Once we have that we move on to security, stability and freedom from harm...then love, affection, approval, friends...then accomplishment, respect and apreciation...then lastly Self actualization. You read all the time that a CEO who makes $50 million a year quit to teach school in the inner city...Thats a person who have reached the self actualizatin phase in his life. For years...I wondered about this and reading this just makes it click...aren't we all looking to get to the self actualization phase in our life? I would say that right now I am in the fourth phase of the pyramid...what phase are you?
1. Physiological - Needs, air, food, water, housing, clothing
2. Safety - Security, stability, and freedom from harm
3. Social - Love, affection, approval, friends
4. Esteem - Accomplishment, respect, respect, attention and appreciation
5. Self Actualization - Self-fulfillment, growth and learning
Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court
Will you be there?